« We move the industry that moves the world. »
Type Private Industry Transportation Predecessor Sealand Helicopters & Okanagan Helicopters Founded St. John's, Newfoundland (1987) Founder(s) Craig Dobbin Headquarters Richmond, British Columbia, Canada Area served Worldwide Key people William Amelio, CEO
Rick Davis, CFO
Services Helicopter services Revenue $1.34 billion US (2010) Owner(s) First Reserve Employees 4,439 (2008) Subsidiaries Heli-One Website www.chc.ca
CHC Helicopter is one of the world’s largest helicopter services company specializing in: Transportation to offshore oil and gas platforms; Civilian search and rescue services; Helicopter maintenance repair and overhaul
CHC Helicopter is headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada and operates more than 250 aircraft in 30 countries around the world. CHC's major international operating units are based in the United Kingdom, Norway, the Netherlands, Brazil, and Australia.
CHC Helicopter is one of several global providers of helicopter transportation services to the offshore oil and gas industry (the others including Bristow Helicopters) and claims to be the most experienced helicopter operator in the world. CHC has capabilities in precision flying techniques and technical support.
CHC has long-term working relationships with most of the major oil and gas companies. CHC operates the marine search and rescue service for the Irish Coast Guard at Shannon, Waterford, Sligo and Dublin airports and provides commercial Search and Rescue helicopter services for the United Kingdom Maritime and Coastguard Agency. CHC provides helicopter services in Australia for the Fire and Emergency Services Authority of Western Australia, the Victoria Police Force and Ambulance Service of New South Wales.
Commercial helicopter flying began in British Columbia in the summer of 1947. Three ex-RCAF officers, pilots Carl Agar and Barney Bent, and engineer Alf Stringer, were operating a fixed-wing charter company, Okanagan Air Services Ltd., from Penticton. In July 1947 they raised enough money to purchase a Bell 47-B3 and pay for their flying and maintenance training.
Okanagan Air Services moved to Vancouver in 1949, renamed Okanagan Helicopters Ltd. By 1954, had become the largest commercial helicopter operator in the world.
In 1987, Newfoundland businessman Craig Dobbin headed a group (Canadian Holding Company) that purchased Okanagan Helicopters and Toronto Helicopters and merged them with his own company, Sealand Helicopters to form Canadian Helicopters. The new parent company was called CHC Helicopter Corporation. CHC acquired British International Helicopters in 1994; Helicopter Services Group of Norway in 1999 (included Bond Helicopters), Helikopter Service AS, Lloyd Helicopters of Australia and Court Helicopters of South Africa. In 2004, CHC purchased Schreiner Aviation Group who provided offshore helicopter services company in the Dutch sector of the North Sea, and in the Nigerian offshore industry.
In 2000, CHC entered into an agreement with Fonds de Solidarité FTQ (FSTQ) and the management of its two Canadian divisions, Canadian Helicopters Eastern and Canadian Helicopters Western, for the sale of an interest in CHC's Canadian assets in a Management Buyout to form Canadian Helicopters. As a result senior Management and FSTQ acquired 10% and 45% equity interests in Canadian Helicopters, respectively, while CHC retained a 45% equity interest.
CHC restructuring in 2004 saw the creation of a new Corporate Head Office in Richmond, B.C., Canada, and the creation of three main operating segments:
- CHC Global Operations, based in Richmond, B.C.,
- CHC European Operations, based in Aberdeen, Scotland, and
- Heli-One, CHC's leasing and Repair and Overhaul support group, now based in Delta, B.C.
CHC was purchased by First Reserve, a US private equity company in February 2008 for CAD$3.7 billion ($3.5 billion). At the time, the word "Corporation" was dropped from the company's name, which is now "CHC Helicopter".
CHC manages its global operations through the following divisions:
- EEA Helicopter Operations B.V. ("EEA"), a Dutch company majority owned by EHO Holdings S.a.r.l. and minority owned by CHC Helicopter S.a.r.l., provides helicopter services in the North Sea. EEA operates under the CHC brand name and uses CHC logo under license. It provides services from 17 bases in the UK, Ireland, Denmark, Norway and the Netherlands.
- Brazilian Helicopter Services (BHS) (Brazil)
- CHC Helicopters Global Operations/Corporate Office (Richmond, British Columbia)
- CHC Helicopters (Australia)
- CHC Helicopters (Africa)
- CHC Composites (Gander, Newfoundland)
CHC EMS and SAR services
- Irish Coast Guard - CHC serves as the sole provider of Search and Rescue helicopter services to the Irish Coast Guard, where it operates a fleet of six Sikorsky S-61N helicopters based in Dublin, Shannon, Waterford, and Sligo.
- CHC, as part of the Soteria SAR consortium was selected as the Preferred Bidder for the 25-year SAR-H contract to provide a civilian Search and Rescue service throughout the United Kingdom. However, days before the contract was due to be signed in February 2011, the UK Government halted the process after Soteria admitted that a former Royal Air Force officer who now worked for CHC Helicopter had passed commercially sensitive information on how the Ministry of Defence would commercially assess the bids. MoD Police are now investigating how the information came into the hands of CHC and Sorteria.
- Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) - CHC has been providing dedicated rescue support to the RAAF since 1989, where it operates a mixed fleet of Sikorsky S76 and Bell helicopters.
- Victoria Police Air Wing and Air Ambulance Services - CHC provides three Eurocopter SA365N3 Dauphin and one Eurocopter EC135 aircraft, plus maintenance services, to the Victoria Police.
- Fire and Emergency Services Authority of Western Australia - Based in Perth, WA, CHC provides a Bell 412 EP aircraft.
- Metropolitan Ambulance Service (MAS) of Victoria - CHC provides two Bell 412EP helicopters for Air Ambulance and Search and Rescue duties.
- Ambulance Service of New South Wales - CHC provides a Bell 412 EP for the area around Wollongong, NSW
- Central Queensland Helicopter Rescue Service  - CHC provides a Bell 412, an SA365C1 and a Bell 206 LongRanger for EMS helicopter services.
- Snowy Hydro SouthCare Air Ambulance Service  - CHC operates a Bell 412 for emergency helicopter service, based in Symonston, Australian Capital Territory.
- Norwegian Search and Rescue - CHC provides private Search and Rescue services in the Norwegian North Sea but acts in concert with government SAR operations. The CHC SAR fleet includes three offshore-based Dauphin AS 365N2s, along with a Bell 214 ST at Statoil’s Statfjord field, which can be converted from inter-rig shuttle role to SAR duty role within 15 minutes. Several of the Super Pumas in CHC’s Norwegian fleet are prepared for the same quick change to SAR configuration.
- NH90 - CHC is designing, manufacturing and installing 19 life-raft assembly kits for the NH90
helicopter, a new military search and rescue helicopter provided to France, Italy, Germany and The Netherlands through a joint venture shared by Agusta, Eurocopter and Fokker.
- Supply, rescue, and support Services.
CHC provides extensive ship supply and rescue service off the coast of Africa and the Netherlands, and helicopter support services to scientific expeditions in Antarctica and other harsh environments.
CHC operates approximately 250 aircraft in Canada and 29 other countries which include Malaysia, Australia, Brazil, Thailand, the Philippines, the Middle East, South Africa, Ecuador, Angola, Gabon, and Equatorial Guinea.
- AgustaWestland AW139
- Eurocopter AS365 N1,N2,N3 Dauphin
- Eurocopter Super Puma AS332, L1, L2
- Eurocopter EC155
- Eurocopter EC225
- Sikorsky S76 A,B and C Series
- Sikorsky S-61
- Sikorsky S92
CHC provide a range fixed-wing transportation services for crew transport to helicopter bases around the world. CHC operates both jet and turbo prop aircraft including Dash-8 and Twin Otter service to meet the needs of the global oil and gas industry.
- 1 - de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
- 1 - de Havilland Canada DHC-8
- Adelaide • Perth • Victoria • Wayville • Sydney • Wollongong • Orange
- Edmonton • Fort McMurray • Grande Prairie • High Level • Lac La Biche
- Fort Nelson • Fort St. John • Golden • Kamloops • Penticton • Smithers • Terrace • Vernon • Richmond
- Newfoundland & Labrador
- Halifax (Location To Be Sold)
- Cork • Dublin • Shannon • Waterford • Sligo
- Stavanger • Bergen • Florø • Kristiansund • Brønnøysund
- Den Helder
- Aberdeen • Yarmouth
- Canadian Helicopters
- ^ "Company Profile for CHC Helicopter Corp (FLI)". http://zenobank.com/index.php?symbol=FLI&page=quotesearch. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- ^ http://www.chc.ca/corporate_aboutchc.php
- ^ "Press Release". Soteria SAR. 9 Feb 2010. http://www.soteriasar.com/news-article/mod-and-mcadft-selects-soteria-for-sar-h-programme. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- ^ "Search and rescue helicopter bid process is halted". BBC News. 8 February 2011. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12389512. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- ^ Ambulance_Service_of_New_South_Wales#Helicopter_operations
- ^ The fleet
Vancouver-based corporations (within Metro Vancouver)1-800-GOT-JUNK? · A&W (Canada) · Apparent Networks · Aritzia · Army & Navy Stores · Ballard Power Systems · Best Buy Canada · Black Box Games · Blenz Coffee · Brightlight Pictures · British Columbia Maritime Employers' Association · CHC Helicopter · CTC Bank of Canada · Canada Wide Media Limited · Canucks Sports and Entertainment · Central 1 Credit Union · Central Heat Distribution · Choices Market · Citizens Bank of Canada · Coast Capital Savings · Commodore Books · Cymax Stores · Dairyland Canada · Dollar Giant · E-Comm · EA Canada · Eldorado Gold · Envision Financial · Finning · First Quantum Minerals · Freshslice Pizza · Future Shop · Gnosis Games · Goldcorp · Great Northern Way Campus · Gulf and Fraser Fishermen's Credit Union · HSBC Bank Canada · Heffel Gallery · Hellbent Games · Hothead Games · Intrawest · Ironclad Games · Ivanhoe Mines Limited · Jet Black Games · Jim Pattison Group · Kerberos Productions · Klei Entertainment · London Drugs · Lululemon Athletica · MacDonald Dettwiler · Macdonald Realty · Magma Energy · McLean Group of Companies · Nettwerk · Nevada Geothermal Power · New Gold · Next Level Games · Nintendo of Canada · North Shore Credit Union · The Pantry · Piranha Games · Premium Brands Holdings Corporation · Radical Entertainment · Relic Entertainment · Ricky's All Day Grill · Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers · Rockstar Vancouver · Shavick Entertainment · Sierra Wireless · Silver Standard Resources · Silver Wheaton · Slant Six Games · SoftQuad Software · Stylus Sofas · Synthetic Entertainment · T & T Supermarket · Teck Resources · Telus · Tenke Mining · United Front Games · Threewave Software · Vancity · Vancouver Airport Services · Vancouver Film Studios · VersaCold · Vision Critical · West Fraser Timber · West Coast Air · Westbank · White Spot · Zulu Records
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
CHC Helicopter — Corporation Тип … Википедия
CHC — is a three letter acronym that can refer to:* Calvert Hall College, a Catholic preparatory high school in Maryland, USA * Canadian Hurricane Centre * Castrol Haugg Cup, a race like event contested mainly at Nürburgring * Centro Hospitalar de… … Wikipedia
CHC Helikopter Service — Infobox Airline airline=CHC Helikopter Service logo=Chctitle new.png logo size=250 IATA=L5 ICAO=HKS callsign=HELIBUS parent=CHC Helicopter founded=1956 hubs=Stavanger Airport, Sola focus cities=Bergen Airport, Flesland, Brønnøysund Airport,… … Wikipedia
CHC Airways — Infobox Airline airline = CHC Airways logo size = fleet size = 6 destinations = IATA = AW ICAO = SCH callsign = SCHREINER parent = CHC Helicopter Corporation company slogan = founded = 1945 (as Schreiner Airways) headquarters = Hoofddorp,… … Wikipedia
Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter Service — The Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter Service was founded in 1973 by Surf Life Saving Australia. Since their beginning they have saved over 50,000 lives.The Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter Service is the longest serving search and rescue… … Wikipedia
2006 Morecambe Bay helicopter crash — The 2006 Morecambe Bay Helicopter Crash was a fatal air incident that occurred on 27 December 2006 at approximately 18:40 GMT [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6213141.stm BBC News] ] , whilst transporting replacement crew between the Millom and… … Wikipedia
Sikorsky S-92 — Infobox Aircraft name= S 92 / H 92 caption= A CHC Helikopter Service S 92 type= Medium lift transport/utility helicopter national origin = United States manufacturer= Sikorsky Aircraft designer= first flight= December 1998 introduced= 2004… … Wikipedia
Craig Dobbin — Born 1935 St. John s, Newfoundland Died October 7, 2006(2006 10 07) Beachy Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador … Wikipedia
Sikorsky S-92 — S 92 / H 92 Sikorsky S 92 de Norsk Helicopter. Tipo Helicóptero medio Fabricantes … Wikipedia Español
Sikorsky S-92 — Vue de l hélicoptère Constructeur Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation Premier vol Décembre 1998 … Wikipédia en Français