Keith Wilkinson (reporter)
Keith Wilkinson is a British
Lancashire, England, he began his career in newspaper journalism as a trainee reporter at The Westmorland Gazettein Kendal, Cumbria, in 1974. He joined Central Televisionin the former Associated TeleVisionBroad Street studios in Birminghamin 1984as a production journalist and bulletin newsreader.
Keith Wilkinson is now a senior reporter appearing on
Central Newsand Central Tonight. He has won numerous awards for broadcasting, including the national BTTelevision News Broadcaster of the Year, the ITVPiece to Camera Gold Award 2004, the BirminghamPress Club's Scoop of the Year 2004, and Television Journalist of the Year 2008in the Midlands Media Awards.
1993he produced an ITVdocumentary called "Stephanie's Story" about the kidnapping of estate agent Stephanie Slater by the murderer Michael Sams.
2006he was photographed in the Daily Starhaving a bucket of water poured over his head, as a joke, by Chris Tarrant, star of ITV's Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
Keith Wilkinson was featured as The Human Guinea Pig in a six-month experiment starting in March
2008on Central Tonightand itvlocal.com. It was launched in conjunction with researchers at the University of Birminghamin Englandas part of a project about physical fitnessin the over-50s. By July, Ironman triathleteAsker Jeukendrup, Professor of Exercise Metabolism and head of the university's Human Performance Laboratory, told ITVthat Wilkinson's rate of progress had been "unusual and spectacular". At the end of the project in September, Jeukendrup gave Wilkinson a VO2 max fitness assessment as a high 52.3.
The son of an
RAF Wellington Bombertail gunner, Keith spends his spare time researching World War II. He is the flight correspondent for an Australianwartime squadron.
External links and Sources
* [http://www.itvlocal.com/central/news/?player=CEN_Home_26&void=53338 ITV Local: Keith Wilkinson reports compilation]
* [http://www.itvlocal.com/ Central News/Central Tonight]
* [http://www.tvnewsroom.co.uk/qanda/answers.php?page=keithwilkinson TV Newsroom]
* [http://tvpresenters.thetvroomplus.com/channel-25.html The TV Room]
* [http://www.aston.ac.uk/downloads/marketing/aspects/archives/2006/August_2006.pdf Keith Wilkinson and Chris Tarrant at Aston University]
* [http://www.tiswasonline.com/clips.php Tiswas]
* [http://info.itvlocal.com/humanguinea.shtml Keith Wilkinson's ITV Human Guinea Pig page]
* [http://www.yournews.itvlocal.com/Clip.aspx?key=CD7EB8A3B81D83FC Human Guinea Pig experiment on ITV Local]
* [http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/AWARDS/040423best.shtml Birmingham Press Club awards]
* [http://18.104.22.168/search?q=cache:v1gBjEuvkvcJ:www.itvregions.com/Central/About/Keith%2BWilkinson.htm+ITV+Central+Keith+wilkinson&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=uk ITV Central biography cached March 2007 ]
* [http://22.214.171.124/custom?cache:wJIgEPoMFHgJ:www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/bt/news/2000/12dec/001214kw.htm+wilkinson&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=28.htm BT Awards article]
* [http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/awards/080609midlands.shtml Midlands Media Awards 2008]
* [http://www.bratclub.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=92&Itemid=26 Birmingham Running and Triathlon Club TV interviews with Wilkinson]
* [http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2003/dec/08/mondaymediasection10 Keith Wilkinson in Media Guardian]
* [http://www.askerjeukendrup.com/media.html Prof Asker Jeukendrup website re Wilkinson]
* [http://www.itvlocal.com/central/news/?player=CEN_News_15&void=233653 Prof Jeukendrup's final fitness assessment on ITV Local]
* [http://www.crossbayrun.org.uk/ CancerCare site on Wilkinson's Guinea Pig project]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Wilkinson (surname) — Wilkinson is a surname of English origin. People named Wilkinson include:A* Adrienne Wilkinson, American actress * Alec Wilkinson, American writer * Alex Wilkinson, Australian soccer player * Alfred Robert Wilkinson, British soldier * Amanda… … Wikipedia
Keith (given name) — Infobox Given Name Revised name = Keith imagesize= caption= pronunciation= keeth , / ki:θ/ gender = meaning = woodland , or forest region = origin = related names = footnotes = Keith (pronounced keeth , / ki:θ/), as a forename is a transferred… … Wikipedia
Chris Tarrant — For the Australian rules footballer, see Chris Tarrant (footballer). Chris Tarrant, OBE Tarrant in 2009 Born Christopher John Tarrant 10 October 1946 ( … Wikipedia
River Severn — Geobox|River name = River Severn native name = other name = Welsh: Afon Hafren other name1 = Latin: Sabrina image size = 288 image caption = The Severn at Shrewsbury from Shrewsbury Castle. etymology = country = Wales country1 = England state =… … Wikipedia
Severn Valley Railway — Heritage Railway name = Severn Valley Railway locale = Bewdley, Worcestershire terminus = Bridgnorth, Shropshire linename = Severn Valley Line builtby = Great Western Railway originalgauge = RailGauge|ussg preservedgauge = RailGauge|ussg operator … Wikipedia
Morecambe Bay — is a large bay in northwest England, nearly due east of the Isle of Man and just to the south of the Lake District National Park. It is the largest expanse of intertidal mudflats and sand in the United Kingdom, covering a total area of… … Wikipedia
Black Country Living Museum — The Black Country Living Museum (formerly The Black Country Museum) is an open air museum of rebuilt historic buildings, located in Dudley in the West Midlands of England. The museum occupies a 26 acre (105,000 m²) urban heritage park in the… … Wikipedia
Central Tonight — Infobox Television show name = Central Tonight caption = show name 2 = Central News genre = Regional News runtime = Central Tonight: 30 Minutes Central News: Varies creator = presenter = Bob Warman Joanne Malin ( West Midlands anchors) Steve… … Wikipedia
Lancaster, Lancashire — infobox UK place country = England latitude= 54.047 longitude= 2.801 official name= Lancaster population = 45,952 (2001 Census) shire district= City of Lancaster shire county = Lancashire region= North West England constituency westminster=… … Wikipedia
Edward R. Murrow — Infobox Person name=Edward R. Murrow caption= April 8, 1956 : CBS newsman Edward R. Murrow talking to reporters during a stop in Wiesbaden, Germany birth date=birth date|1908|4|25|mf=y birth place= Guilford County, North Carolina death date=death … Wikipedia