National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia
The National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia (Macedonian: Народна банка на Република Македонија, Narodna Banka na Republika Makedonija, NBRM) is the central bank of the Republic of Macedonia, located in the capital city, Skopje.
The current Governor of the NBRM is Dimitar Bogov, since May 21, 2011.
The NBRM performs the following functions:
- establish and conduct monetary policy;
- regulate liquidity in the international payments;
- establish and conduct the Denar;
- handle and manage foreign exchange reserves;
- regulate the payment system;
- grant founding and operating license to a bank and a savings house and supervise the banks and savings houses;
- grant a licence for performing services of prompt money transfer and supervise the operations of the entities performing services of prompt money transfer in accordance with a law;
- grant operating licenses to foreign exchange bureaus and supervise their operations in accordance with the law;
- issue banknotes and coins;
- perform activities for the account of the central government and the government administration bodies.
- Economy of Europe
- Economy of the Republic of Macedonia
- List of banks in the Republic of Macedonia
- List of central banks
- Macedonian Denar
- (Macedonian) (English) National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia official site, www.nbrm.mk
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Geography of the Republic of Macedonia — Geography of Republic of Macedonia Continent Europe Region Balkan Peninsula Coordinates … Wikipedia
List of mammals of the Republic of Macedonia — This is a list of the mammal species recorded in the Republic of Macedonia. There are 56 mammal species in the Republic of Macedonia, of which 0 are critically endangered, 0 are endangered, 9 are vulnerable, and 3 are near threatened. The… … Wikipedia
Transport in the Republic of Macedonia — Railways total: 699 km standard gauge: 699 km 1.435 m gauge (233 km electrified) note: a new 56 km extension of the Kumanovo Beljakovci line to the Bulgarian border is under construction. [cite journal| journal=Railway Gazette International|… … Wikipedia
National Bank of Romania — Banca Naţională a României (Romanian) … Wikipedia
National Bank of Moldova — Banca Naţională a Moldovei (Romanian) Headquarters Chişinău Established 1991 Governor Dorin Drăguţanu Central bank of Moldova Currency Moldovan leu … Wikipedia
National Bank of Latvia — (Latvian: Latvijas Banka) … Wikipedia
National Bank of Belgium — Nationale Bank van België (Dutch) Banque nationale de Belgique (French) Belgische Nationalbank (German) … Wikipedia
National Bank of Ukraine — Національний банк України National Bank of Ukraine building … Wikipedia
National Bank of Ethiopia — የኢትዮጵያ ብሔራዊ ባንክ Headquarters Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Established February 15, 1906 Chairman Newaye Christos Gebreab Central bank of Ethiopia Currency Ethiopian birr … Wikipedia
Republic of Macedonia — For other uses, see Macedonia. Republic of Macedonia Република Македонија Republika Makedonija … Wikipedia
National Bank of Greece — This article is about the largest commercial bank in Greece. For the central bank of Greece, see Bank of Greece. National Bank of Greece S.A. Εθνική Τράπεζα της Ελλάδος Α.Ε. Type Anonymi Etairia … Wikipedia