- International Textbook Company
The International Textbook Company was a
book publisherin Scranton, PAin the early 1900s. The company published a number of textbooks, most notably the International Library of Technologyvolumes that provided technical instruction on topics ranging from masonry to hydrostatics. They published nearly 1000 titles from 1902 to 1969. Many of ITC's books were compilations of subjects taught through their International Correspondence Schools.
* Volume #5B (1921): Applied Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Machine Design
* Volume #11D (1922): Geometry and Mensuration Electric Wiring and Bellwork Design of Beams Design of Columns Design of Roof Trusses Design of Plate Girders
* Volume #51 (1905): Materials, Beams, Girders, Columns, Graphic Analysis
* Volume #76 (1906): Cotton, Pickers, Cotton Cards, Drawing Rolls, Railway Heads And Drawing Frames, Combers, Fly Frames.
* Volume #77 (1906): Ring Frames, Cotton Mules, Twisters, Spoolers, Beam Warpers, Slashers, Chain Warping.
* Volume #78 (1906): Yarns, Cloth Rooms, Mill Engineering, Reeling And Baling, Winding.
* Volume #107 (1909): Reinforced Concrete Design and Practice, Specifications, Failures
* Volume #108 (1909): Cements, Concrete, Stone, Brick, Foundations
* Volume #109 (1909): Mechanics, Soils, Masonry, Retaining Walls, Arches
* Volume #171 (1921): Drawing
* Volume #175D (1928 & 1947) Measuring Instruments
* Volume #176 (1927) Drilling Machines and Practice
* Volume #177C (1926, 1942 & 1943) Lathe Work I
* Volume #178C (1926 & 1942) Lathe Work II
* Volume #179C (1943 & 1944) Lathe Work III
* Volume #180 (1927) Planers and Planer Practice
* Volume #181C (1927 & 1943) Shapers, Slotters, and Boring Mills
* Volume #182 (1927 & 1944) Milling Machines and Equipment
* Volume #183 (1927 & 1942) Milling Machine Practice and Work
* Volume #184C (1941 & 1942) Grinding Equipment and Practice
* Volume #185B (1928 & 1942) Gear Calculations and Making
* Volume #186B (1946 & 1947) Bench Work
* Volume #187 (1915 & 1928) Erecting
* Volume #205C (1935, 1936 & 1940) Shop Equipment - Hand Forging - Tool Dressing
* Volume #206C (1915, 1940 & 1947) Tempering and Heat Treatement of Steel
* Volume #209B (1927) Elements of Blueprint Reading
* Volume #211c (1942): Chemistry, And Materials Of Construction.
* Volume #235b (????): Formulas, Cube Root, Logarithms.
* Volume #236 (1923):Geometry And Mensuration.
* Volume #237 (1921 & 1929) Geometry and trigonometry
* Volume #244 (1939):Preliminarries, Excavating, Piling, Mortars.
* volume #247b (1940):Concrete Construction.
* Volume #274 (1921): Elements of Algebra, Geometry and Mensuration, Reading Working Drawings, Measuring Instruments, Precision Measuring Instruments, General Appliances and Processes, Elementary Mechanics, Hydrostatics, Pneumatics, Geometry and Trigonometry, Natural Sines, Cosines, Tangents and Cotangents, Table of Powers and Roots
* Volume #334 (1907): Graphic Statics, Bridge Trusses
* Volume #336 (1907): Truss and Wooden Bridges, Trusses, Piers, Drawings
* Volume #363 (1913): Gasoline Automobiles, Engines, Auxiliaries
* Volume #364 (1916): Electric Ignition
* Volume #365 (1924): Automobile Transmission, Mechanism, Lubrication, Tires
* Volume #367 (1924): Automobile Electric Starting and Lighting
* Volume #532 (1932): Marine Engine Mechanism ~ Slide Valve Gears ~ Paddle Wheel Engines
* Volume #? (1923): Fireproofing of Buildings, Stair Building, Ornamental Metal Work, Builders' Hardware, Roofing, Sheet-Metal Work, Mill Design
* Volume #41 (1928): Pen and Brush Lettering
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Textbook — For other uses, see Textbook (disambiguation). Textbook A textbook or coursebook is a manual of instruction in any branch of study. Textbooks are produced according to the demands of educational institutions. Although most textbooks are only… … Wikipedia
textbook — [[t]te̱kstbʊk[/t]] textbooks also text book 1) N COUNT A textbook is a book containing facts about a particular subject that is used by people studying that subject. She wrote a textbook on international law. ...a chemistry textbook. 2) ADJ: ADJ… … English dictionary
Japanese history textbook controversies — refers to controversial content in government approved history textbooks used in the secondary education (junior high schools and high schools) of Japan. The controversies primarily concern what some international observers perceive to be… … Wikipedia
American Book Company — (ABC) was an educational book publisher that published textbooks at the elementary school, secondary school and collegiate levels. It is most famous for publishing the McGuffey Readers, which sold 120 million copies between 1836 and 1960. [cite… … Wikipedia
SAE International — SAE Type Professional Organization. Location Warrendale, Pennsylvania Key people Andrew L. Riker, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Glenn Martin, Orville Wright, Charles Kettering … Wikipedia
Biofeedback Certification International Alliance — Motto More than qualified, BCIA Board certified! Formation 1981 Type non profit Headquarters Wheat Ridge, CO Membership 1500 … Wikipedia
Dual-listed company — Dual listed companies should not be confused with cross listed companies, where the stock of one company is listed on more than one stock exchange. A dual listed company or DLC is a corporate structure in which two corporations function as a… … Wikipedia
Metalloid — 13 14 15 16 17 2 B Boron … Wikipedia
Coal breaker — A coal breaking plant, depicted on a postcard in 1907. A coal breaker was a coal processing plant which broke coal into various useful sizes. Coal breakers also removed impurities from the coal (typically slate) and deposited them into a culm… … Wikipedia
Martin Grossack — Dr. Martin Meyer Grossack (June 11, 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts September 28, 2000) was an American psychologist and author. Grossack was the son of Albert and Rose Grossack, immigrants from Bobruisk, Byelorussia. Albert and his mother, Hannah … Wikipedia