Daniel J. Burling Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 147th district
Incumbent Assumed office
Preceded by Thomas M. Reynolds Personal details Born January 11, 1947 
Batavia, New York
Political party Republican Spouse(s) Jean Children two Residence Alexander, New York Alma mater University of Buffalo Profession pharmacist, politician Religion Protestant Website Official website
Daniel J. "Dan" Burling (born January 11, 1947) is a Republican member of the New York State Assembly representing Assembly District 147, which comprises a number of communities located in Upstate New York, including Allegany County, Genesee County, Livingston County, and Wyoming County. He is the current Minority Whip in the Assembly.
Early life and career
Burling was born in Batavia, New York. He graduated from Ilion High School, after which he enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps (1965–1969), including a tour in Vietnam. A licensed pilot and aircraft mechanic, he was the airport manager at Nellis Airport in Fort Plain in 1972. He graduated from the Empire State Military Academy, receiving a commission as a Second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserve in 1976.
Burling graduated from Herkimer County Community College in 1977, then received a B.S. degree from the University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy in 1980. A registered pharmacist, he owns Burling Drug, Inc., which had a location in Attica (1987–1996) and another in Corfu (1991–present). He also was an intern and staff pharmacist at Genesee Memorial Hospital and a consulting pharmacist at the Genesee County Nursing Home in Batavia.
Burling was a member of the Genesee County Legislature from 1993 until 1998. He was first elected to the New York State Assembly in 1998. He won the November 2008 general election with 71 percent of the vote and ran uncontested in the November 2010 general election.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k "Assembly District 147, Daniel J. Burling: Biography". New York State Assembly. http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/?ad=147&sh=bio. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- ^ a b "Assembly Member Daniel J. 'Dan' Burling (NY)". Project Vote Smart. http://www.votesmart.org/bio.php?can_id=22873. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- ^ "Election Results 2008: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2008. http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/results/states/legislature/new-york.html.
- ^ "Assembly Election Returns: November 4, 2008" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2008. http://www.elections.state.ny.us/NYSBOE/elections/2008/General/NYSAssembly08.pdf.
- ^ "Election Results 2010: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2010. http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/results/new-york/state-legislature.
- ^ "Assembly Election Returns: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2010. http://www.elections.state.ny.us/NYSBOE/elections/2010/general/2010Assembly.pdf.
New York Assembly Preceded by
Thomas M. Reynolds
New York State Assembly, 147th District
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Burling — is a surname and may refer to:* Carroll Burling (b.1934), American politician from Nebraska * Daniel Burling (b. 1947), American politician from New York * Robbins Burling (b.1926), American professor *… … Wikipedia
Daniel Losquadro — Member of the New York State Assembly from the 1st district Incumbent Assumed office January 1, 2011 Preceded by Marc Alessi Personal detail … Wikipedia
Daniel J. O'Donnell — For other people named Daniel O Donnell, see Daniel O Donnell (disambiguation). Daniel J. O Donnell O Donnell in 2006. Member of the New York State Assembly from the 69th district … Wikipedia
Daniel Sickles — Daniel Edgar Sickles Major General Sickles circa 1862 Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from New York s 10th district In office … Wikipedia
New York state elections, 2008 — Elections in New York Federal offices Presidential elections 1996 · 2000 · 2004 … Wikipedia
New York State Assembly — New York State Legislature Type Type … Wikipedia
Matthew Titone — Member of the New York State Assembly from the 61st district Incumbent Assumed office March 2007 … Wikipedia
Deborah Glick — Member of the New York State Assembly from the 66th district Incumbent Assumed office January 1991 … Wikipedia
Micah Kellner — PFLAG Awards Luncheon, February 2010 Member of the New York State Assembly from the 65th district Incumbent … Wikipedia
New York State Legislature — Type Type Bicameral Houses … Wikipedia