The Oddball Couple
show_name = The Oddball Couple
caption = Title card for DePatie-Freleng’s "The Oddball Couple", featuring Fleabag (left) and Spiffy (right).
Gerry Chiniquy Robert McKimson
Frank Nelson(Spiffy) Paul Winchell(Fleabag) Joan Gerber(Goldie) Joe Besser Robert Holt Sarah Kennedy Don Messick Ginny Tyler Frank Welker
theme_music_composer = Joe Siracusa
composer = Doug Goodwin
country = USA
num_seasons = 1
num_episodes = 16
David H. DePatie Friz Freleng
runtime = 30 min.
network = ABC
September 6, 1975
December 20, 1975
imdb_id = 0175399
tv_com_id = 30765
"The Oddball Couple" was an animated half hour Saturday morning show that ran on the ABC TV network from
September 6, 1975to September 3, 1977. The show was a production of DePatie-Freleng Enterprisesand was an animated homage to the Neil Simonplay-turned movie-turned hit TV series "The Odd Couple", which was ironic because this series premiered the very same year that the show to which it paid homage was cancelled by ABC. The show initially aired at 11:30am ET the first season and was switched to 12 Noon ET the following season.
Overview of series
"The Oddball Couple" featured the misadventures of a dog and cat who lived together under the same roof. The cat's name was Spiffy and the dog's name was Fleabag. Spiffy was a very orderly and polite cat who believed in cleanliness and organization while his roommate Fleabag the dog was the exact opposite who was always rude, obnoxious, lazy and was always very disorganized and unorthodox. This relationship even extended to their house, which was one-half mansion and one-half dilapidated shack- and even their car, which was half-pristine, half junker. They had a secretary named Goldie who worked in the office they shared. The show always had two segments lasting ten minutes.
Frank Nelsonand Paul Winchellwere the voices of Spiffy and Fleabag respectively. Joan Gerberwas the voice of Goldie.
* Story Editor: Bob Ogle
* Writers: Bob Ogle, Joel Kane, David Detiege, Earl Kress, John W. Dunn
* Supervising Director: Lew Marshall
* Animation Directors: Gerry Chiniquy, Robert McKimson
* Storyboard Directors: Bill Perez, Art Leonardi, Jan Green, Gary Hoffman
* Graphic Design: Ric Gonzales, Gary Hoffman, Dick Ung, Al Wilson, Ken Landau, Coral Kerr, Adam Szwejkowski, Susan Scholefield
* Animation: Norm McCabe, Bob Matz, Virgil Ross, Bob Bemiller, Bob Richardson, Jim Davis, Nelson Shin, Bill Numes, Don Williams, Joel Seibel, Bob Bransford, John Freeman, Bill Carney, Warren Batchelder, George Jorgensen, John Gibbs, Bob Goe
* Background Supervised by Richard H. Thomas
* Backgrounds: Mary O'Loughlin, Don Watson
* Ink and Paint Supervisor: Gertrude Timmins
* Xerography: Greg Marshall
* Film Editors Supervised by Bob Gillis
* Film Editors: Joe Siracusa, Rick Steward, Allan Potter
* Voices: Paul Winchell, Frank Nelson, Joan Gerber, Frank Welker, Sarah Kennedy, Don Messick, Joe Besser, Ginny Tyler, Bob Holt
* Music by Doug Goodwin
* Main Title Music Arranged by Joe Siracusa
* Conducted by Eric Rodgers
* In Charge of Production: Lee Gunther
* Camera: Ray Lee, Larry Hogan, John Burton, Jr.
* Production Mixer: Steve Orr
* Sound by Producer's Sound Service, Inc.
* Based Upon the Play "The Odd Couple" by Neil Simon
* Produced by David H. DePatie & Friz Freleng
* [http://www.bcdb.com/cartoons/Other_Studios/D/DePatie-Freleng_Enterprises/The_Oddball_Couple/index.html Episode list] at the
Big Cartoon DataBase
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The Odd Couple — was a 1965 Broadway play by Neil Simon, followed by a successful film and television series, as well as other derivative works and spin offs, many featuring one or more of the same actors. The plot concerns two mismatched room mates, one uptight… … Wikipedia
The Odd Couple (TV series) — The Odd Couple Title card from the first season (note the Neil Simon credit in the title) Format Sitcom Starring … Wikipedia
The Osmonds — performing in Hamburg; 1970s (l r): Alan, Merrill, Donny, Jay and Wayne Background information Origin Utah, United States … Wikipedia
The Ant and the Aardvark — is a series of 17 theatrical short cartoons produced at DePatie Freleng Enterprises and released by United Artists from 1969 to 1971. Contents 1 Production 2 Plot 3 The German Version 4 … Wikipedia
The New Casper Cartoon Show — was a 1963 to 1969 animated television series that appeared on ABC s saturday morning schedule. The show featured older 1959 62 Famous Studios cartoons, mostly Noveltoons and Modern Madcaps which were shown as Harveytoons , and 26 new Casper the… … Wikipedia
The Krofft Supershow — Format Children s television series Starring Jay Robinson Billy Barty Michael Lembeck Deidre Hall Lennie Weinrib Country of origin USA … Wikipedia
The Mumbly Cartoon Show — The title card for The Mumbly Cartoon Show Genre Animation … Wikipedia
The Inspector — This article is about the DePatie Freleng animated character. For other uses, see Inspector (disambiguation). For the 1962 feature film starring Stephen Boyd and Dolores Hart, see The Inspector (1962 film). The Inspector The s … Wikipedia
The Pink Panther — For other uses, see The Pink Panther (disambiguation). The Pink Panther is a series of comedy films featuring the bungling French police detective Jacques Clouseau that began in 1963 with the release of the film of the same name. The role was… … Wikipedia
The Lorax — This article is about the children s book by Dr. Seuss. For the animated television special, see The Lorax (TV special). For the animated feature film, see The Lorax (film). For the robotics project, see LORAX (robot). The Lorax … Wikipedia