Methods of Mayhem
Methods of Mayhem
The band's vocalist and founding member, Tommy Lee
Background information Origin Los Angeles, California, United States Genres Rock music, rap rock, nu metal Years active 1999–2000, 2009–present Labels Roadrunner, MCA Associated acts Mötley Crüe, Rock Star Supernova, Econoline Crush, Jane's Addiction, The Panic Channel, Porno for Pyros, Banyan, Infectious Grooves, Beastie Boys, Sevendust Members Tommy Lee
Past members TiLo
Mix Master Mike
Lee formed Methods of Mayhem on the eve of his divorce from Pamela Anderson. Lee has said he wrote most of the songs while he was in jail. Their first self-titled album was released in late 1999 and went on to be certified platinum.
The band was infamous for its appearance at the Italian Gods of Metal festival where their appearance and execution style prompted a thrown-objects riot from the metalhead audience resulting in a forced cancellation of their set. They played Ozzfest 2000 which was more receptive. They disbanded in September 2000.
Tommy Lee announced that he is reforming Methods of Mayhem, and would start recording in March 2009. Rumors of new members such as drummer Will Hunt, guitarist J3, guitarist Phil X (who had contributed to the first album), and the return of touring bassist Marty O'brien circulated. While an official touring line-up still has yet to be confirmed, it is known that each of these members have contributed to the latest album. A live performance on Jay Leno's Tonight Show saw Morgan Rose (of Sevendust) playing drums, with DJ Aero on Turntables, J3 on guitar and vocals, and Tommy Lee on vocals and guitar. There was no bass player present. Methods of Mayhem recently have been signed to Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records.
- Tommy Lee - vocals, rhythm guitar, drums, percussion (1999–2000, 2009–present)
- John "J3" Allen III - guitar, vocals (2009–present)
- DJ Aero - turntables, electronics (1999–2000, 2009–present)
- Marty O'Brien - bass, vocals (2000, 2009–present)
- Morgan Rose - drums, percussion (2010–present)
- Stephen Perkins - drums, percussion (1999–2000)
- Will Hunt – drums, percussion (2009–2010)
- TiLo - vocals (1999–2000)
- Chris Chaney - bass (1999–2000)
- Mix Master Mike - turntables (1999)
- Kai Marcus - guitar, vocals (1999–2000)
Singles and EPs
- ^ Huey, Steve (1999-12-07). "Methods of Mayhem - Methods of Mayhem". AllMusic. http://www.allmusic.com/album/methods-of-mayhem-r431472/review. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- ^ a b c Heaney, Gregory (2010-09-21). "A Public Disservice Announcement - Methods of Mayhem". AllMusic. http://www.allmusic.com/album/a-public-disservice-announcement-r1948745/review. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- ^ "TOMMY LEE's METHODS OF MAYHEM: 'A Public Disservice Announcement' Artwork Unveiled". Roadrunnerrecords.com. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141462.aspx. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.