Charles H. Green
Charles H. Green, (born 1950) is a business speaker and best-selling business author best known for co-writing [http://trustedadvisor.com/books.trustedadvisor/ The Trusted Advisor] with
David Maisterand Robert Galford. Green specializes in issues of trust in business, and characterizes his work as bridging the cultural gap between high-end corporate strategy and the simple profundity of Dale Carnegie.
Green was born in Ithaca, NY and attended
Columbia University, graduating in 1972 with a BA in philosophy, and Harvard, from which he graduated in 1976 with an MBA. From 1976 to 1995 he worked with the MAC Group and its successor, Gemini Consulting, where his roles included strategy consulting (in Europe and the United States), VP HR, and VP Strategic Planning. In 1996 he became an independent consultant and the founder of Trusted Advisor Associates. He has been a best selling business author since 2000. He has also taught executive education programs at Kellogg Graduate School of Business, Northwestern University; and Columbia University Graduate School of Business. Green lives in Morristown, New Jersey. He is a registered professional speaker with the Leigh Speaker's Bureau.
* [http://trustedadvisor.com/books.trustedadvisor/ The Trusted Advisor] , with David Maister and Rob Galford, Free Press, 2000, ISBN0-7432-1234-7, makes the case that the best way to be successful in business is to win the trust of one’s clients and customers. The book has been translated into Arabic, Dutch, Finnish and Russian.
* [http://www.trustedadvisor.com/books.selling/ Trust Based Selling] McGraw-Hill, 2005, ISBN 0-07-146194-9, discusses how to win trust in a sales context.
elect Articles And Reviews
* [http://www.btobonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060213/FREE/602130710&SearchID=73285769611941/ Business To Business Online] , "The Trust Factor", Feb 13, 2006.
* [http://www.americanlawyer.com/contents0206.shtml/ American Lawyer] "Management: Selling by Doing", Feb 2006 Print Edition
* [http://www.raintoday.com/pages/431_green_charles_h_.cfm Rain Today Contributing Editor] Articles Archive
* [http://www.nysscpa.org/cpajournal/2001/0100/nv/nv5a.htm The CPA Journal, January 2001] "Book Review: The Trusted Advisor"
* [http://www.webcpa.com/article.cfm?articleid=20415&searchTerm=Trust-Based%20 WebCPA] "Book Review: Trust Based Selling"
* [http://www.gtms-inc.com/tip_sellingontrust.htm Go-To-Market Strategies] "Trust"
* [http://www.americanlawyer.com/contents0206.shtml American Lawyer, Print Edition] "Selling By Doing"
* [http://managementconsultingnews.com/2006/newsletter_feb_06.htm#second Management Consulting News] "Should Clients Trust Your Sales Pitch?"
* [http://www.managementconsultingnews.com/interviews/green_charles_interview.php Management Consulting News] "Meet the MasterMinds: Charles Green on Who and Why Clients Trust"]
* [http://windowsmedia.smartpros.com/fmn/606_seg3/606_seg3_hi.wmv Financial Management Network] Video Interview "Trust-based Selling: How to Change ‘Sell’ into ‘Help'"
* [http://www.nysscpa.org/cpajournal/2007/307/perspectives/p12.htm CPA Journal] “When Clients Don’t Buy What a CPA Firm is Selling"
* [http://www.commerciallendingreview.com/RecentIssues.htm#July2006 Commercial Lending Review]
* Harvard Business Review, print, “How CEOs Use Top Management Committees”, co-authored with Richard F. Vancil, January-February 1984, HBR reprint no. 84118
* Business Horizons, print, May/June 1985, no. 85302, “Legal Horizons: Building a Strong Legal Strategy”, co-authored with Frederick D. Sturdivant
* Article, Directorship Magazine, print, “Directors: How to Become Management’s Trusted Advisor”, co-authored with David Maister and Robert Galford, October 2000, Vol. XXVI, No. 9
* C2M, Consulting to Management, print, Vol. 11, Number 3, December 2000, “What is a Trusted Advisor”, co-authored with Maister, Galford
* C2M, Consulting to Management, print, “Create Trust, Gain a Client”, June 2006, Volume 17, No. 2, p. 27-29
* Official Site: [http://trustedadvisor.com http://trustedadvisor.com]
* Home Blog: [http://trustedadvisor.com/blog Trust Matters]
* Huffington Post: [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-h-green Author Archive]
* [http://trustedadvisor.com/articles/ Articles by Charles H. Green]
* [http://www.leighbureau.com/speaker.asp?id=238 Leigh Speaker's Bureau page]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Charles Leedham-Green — Born Peebles, Scotland … Wikipedia
Charles Hercules Green — Charles Green in Wirui, New Guinea 1945 Nickname Chu … Wikipedia
Charles C. Green — Charles Cameron Green (April 6, 1873 – after 1909) was a Republican politician in the U. S. State of Ohio appointed to fill the position of Ohio State Treasurer for a few weeks 1908 1909 after the incumbent died. Biography Charles Cameron Green… … Wikipedia
Charles Fiddian-Green — Personal information Batting style Right handed batsman Bowling style Right arm medium / occ. wicket keeper International information National side English Career statistics Competition … Wikipedia
Charles B. Green — For others of the same name, see Charles Green (disambiguation). Charles B. Green is a Lieutenant General in the United States Air Force and the current Surgeon General of the United States Air Force. Career Green joined the Air Force in 1978. … Wikipedia
Charles Green — may refer to: Charles Green (astronomer) (1735–1771), British astronomer, traveled with James Cook Charles Green (balloonist) (1785–1870), England s most famous balloonist of the 19th century Charles Green (bishop) (1864–1944), Archbishop of… … Wikipedia
Charles Robertson — Charles Robertson, Charlie Robertson or Chuck Robertson may refer to: Contents 1 Public officials 2 Others 3 Fictional characters 4 See also … Wikipedia
Green (name) — Family name name = Green imagesize= caption= pronunciation = meaning = region = origin = varied related names = Greene footnotes = [ [http://www.census.gov/genealogy/names/names files.html 1990 Census Name Files ] ] Green is common surname… … Wikipedia
Charles Green (bobsleigh) — Medal record Bobsleigh Olympic Games Bronze 1936 Garmisch Partenkirchen Four man World Championships Gold 1937 St. Moritz … Wikipedia
Charles River — This article is about the Massachusetts river. For other meanings, see Charles River (disambiguation). Coordinates: 42°22′14″N 71°3′13″W / 42.37056°N 71.05361°W … Wikipedia