BLUF (Breeches and Leather Uniform Fanclub) is an international fraternal organization of
gaymen and MSM sharing a fetishistic interest in leather breechesand uniforms. The leather breeches are worn inside tall leather bootsknown as jackboots. BLUF is a part of a larger leather subcultureand the sexual aesthetic is similar to the exaggerated masculinity seen in the work of Tom of Finland. Members share interest in leather fetishism, boot fetishism, and uniform fetishism. Some wear leatheruniforms reminiscent of German World War IIera uniforms, but without the Naziregalia or embracement of NSDAP politics. The other common uniforms worn are those of American style police motorcyclepatrol and German police.
Membership is open to men of all races and nationalities above the age of consent in members' home countries. BLUF began as an
Internetsite in 1997but has evolved to a series of in-person meets and events regularly scheduled in European and North American cities. Members frequently plan vacation time around, and travel to, international meetings. A majority of members live in northern Europe, primarily Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdomand Sweden; and North America, but members are also found in Asia, Central America, South Americaand Africa.
* Hooven, F, Valentine. "Tom of Finland, His Life and Times." St. Martin's Griffin, Stonewall Inn Editions: 1994. ISBN 978-0-312-11365-0.
* Ramakers, Micha. "Tom of Finland: The Art of Pleasure." Taschen: 2002. ISBN 978-3-8228-8598-7.
* [http://www.bluf.com/ The BLUF website]
* [http://www.tomoffinlandfoundation.org/ Tom of Finland Foundation's website]
* [http://www.vk79.com/english/ vk79 authentic WWII era breeches website]
* [http://www.leatherarchives.org/home.htm The Leather Archives and Museum website]
* [http://www.imrl.com/index.asp International Mister Leather website]
* [http://www.vansonleathers.com VANSON - American manufacturer of leathers often favoured for their heavy duty quality]
* [http://www.langlitz.com/ LANGLITZ - Leathers which are highly prized by their owners]
* [http://www.colors-of-leather.com Colors of Leather website]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
BLUF — may refer to: * BLUF (fetishism) Breeches and Leather Uniform Fanclub, a fraternal homosexual leather organization * An acronym for Bottom Line Up Frontee also* bluff … Wikipedia
Boot fetishism — is very closely related to shoe fetishism. Many of the same sexual appeals regarded high heeled shoes apply to boots. In most cases the fetish of the boot is accompanied by a fetish for the material which it is made from. Examples could be… … Wikipedia
Leather subculture — The leather pride flag, which has become a symbol of BDSM and fetish subcultures … Wikipedia