Drop C tuning
Drop C tuning can be used to refer to two different alternative guitar tunings:
- CGCFAD - The most commonly intended meaning of Drop C, though the term is incorrect. This can be described as "standard D tuning with a dropped C", or "drop D tuning transposed down a whole step", where the entire guitar is transposed to the key of D, then the low D is moved down an additional whole step to C. For usage and benefits, see Drop D tuning.
- CADGBE - This is the technical definition of dropped C tuning - there is no other way to describe this tuning other than "dropped C", and it is achieved by taking standard tuning (EADGBE) and dropping the low E to a C. This tuning is used by the band Muse on the song "Map of the Problematique". John Mayer also implements this tuning on his song "Neon". Coldplay use this tuning for their song "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" on their album of the same name.
Bands who have used CGCFAD:
- 12 Stones
- A Day to Remember
- Adelitas Way
- The Agony Scene
- Alter Bridge - on some songs such as "Isolation"
- Arsonists Get All The Girls
- As I Lay Dying
- Asking Alexandria
- August Burns Red
- Between The Buried And Me
- Bullet For My Valentine
- Biffy Clyro
- The Black Dahlia Murder (only on the 'Unhallowed" album)
- Black Stone Cherry
- Breaking Benjamin - On most songs from We Are Not Alone, as well as Blow Me Away and 3 songs from Dear Agony.
- Children of Bodom
- Cradle of Filth
- Darkest Hour
- Decyfer Down - On Crash
- Deftones - On White Pony
- Demon Hunter - On their self-titled debut album.
- Dry Kill Logic
- Escape the Fate
- Evans Blue
- Go Radio
- I Set My Friends On Fire
- Ill Niño
- Killswitch Engage
- Lamb of God
- Metallica - On St. Anger
- Mudvayne - all albums since The End of All Things to Come and all live performances.
- Murderdolls - Since Women and Children Last.
- Papa Roach
- Poison The Well
- Protest The Hero (On most songs off their debut album Kezia)
- Rammstein - On Reise, Reise and Rosenrot
- RED - on some songs
- Savatage - on the songs "Power of the Night" and "Hall of the Mountain King"
- Saving Abel (on Miss America)
- Seasons After
- Shadows Fall
- Sick Puppies
- Slipknot - On Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat.
- Slo Burn
- Stone Sour - On some songs from Audio Secrecy. These songs are played live in Dropped B tuning.
- The Sword - On "Freya"
- System of a Down - On their self-titled album, Toxicity, Steal This Album!, Question! and Dreaming.
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- Theory of a Deadman - also on live performances of songs originally in Drop B.
- Three Days Grace
- Zakk Wylde - with Black Label Society and during his later career with Ozzy Osbourne
General Downtuned Dropped Open Others
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Drop D tuning — Drop D tuning. Drop D tuning, also known as DADGBE, is an alternate, or scordatura, form of guitar tuning specifically, a dropped tuning in which the lowest (sixth) string is tuned down ( dropped ) from the usual E of standard tuning by one whole … Wikipedia
Drop B♭ tuning — Drop B flat tuning. Drop B♭ tuning (also referred as Drop A♯ Tuning) is a guitar tuning that is one half step down from dropped B tuning and, essentially, 2 full steps down from Dropped D tuning. This tuning is often used on a Baritone guitar. It … Wikipedia
Drop D♭ tuning — Drop D flat tuning. Drop D♭ Tuning, also referred to as Drop C♯ Tuning, is an alternative guitar tuning. It is similar to Drop D tuning, having the lowest (sixth) string dropped down three semitones to Db, with the rest of the strings being tuned … Wikipedia
Drop-D-Tuning — Die Dropped D Stimmung ist eine Skordatur für Gitarren. Hierbei wird die erste Saite (E oder Bass Saite) gegenüber der Standardstimmung (E A d g h e1) um einen Ganzton tiefer gestimmt, d. h. D A d g h e1. Die erste Saite muss nach dem Umstimmen… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Double drop D tuning — Double drop D tuning: DADGBD, also known simply as double drop D, is an alternative guitar tuning: E strings are tuned down ( dropped ) one whole step (2 frets) to D rather than E as in standard tuning (EADGBE). Uses of double dropped D tuning… … Wikipedia
Double Drop D tuning — Double Dropped D tuning: DADGBd, also known simply as double drop D, is an alternate guitar tuning style E strings are tuned down ( dropped ) one whole step (2 frets) to D rather than E as in standard tuning (EADGBE or EADG). Uses of double… … Wikipedia
Drop Dead Diva — Inter title Genre Comedy drama Fantasy Legal Drama Created by … Wikipedia
Dropped A tuning — Drop A tuning. Dropped A tuning is an alternate tuning for a 7 string guitar where an A is placed over the original standard E tuning or on a 6 string guitar where the strings are tuned to AEADF♯B. This is a drop 1 tuning in the key of B (i.e … Wikipedia
Dropped B tuning — Drop B tuning. A Dropped B tuning is an alternate tuning for the guitar, where the strings are tuned to B F♯ B E G♯ C♯. It can also be put down as B G♭ B E A♭ D♭. It is a dropped tuning, with all strings tuned down a minor third (one and a… … Wikipedia
C tuning (guitar) — C tuning is a type of guitar tuning. The strings of the guitar are tuned two whole steps lower than standard tuning. The resulting notes can be described as either C F A# D# G C or more often C F Bb Eb G C.The tuning is commonly used by metal and … Wikipedia