CNBC-TV18 Launched 7 December 1999 Owned by TV18
Picture format 480i (SDTV)
Slogan "First in Business Worldwide" Country India Language English Broadcast area India Headquarters Mumbai, India Formerly called CNBC India (1999-2004) Replaced CNBC-TV18 (2004-present) Website Official Website Internet television CNBC-TV18 LIVE Stream Click Here
CNBC-TV18 is a business news channel broadcast in India based in Mumbai. The channel was launched in India on December 7, 1999. It was the first business news channel launched in India and still the leads that genre. The channel has been an integral part of the Indian economic story, spearheading and mirroring India's enterprising times.
The channel's benchmark coverage extends from corporate news, financial markets coverage, expert perspective on investing and management to industry verticals and beyond. CNBC-TV18 has been constantly innovating with new genres of programming that helps make business more relevant to different constituencies across India. India’s most able business audience consumes CNBC-TV18 for their information & investing needs. This audience is highly diversified at one level comprising of key groups such as business leaders, professionals, retail investors, brokers and traders, intermediaries, self employed professionals, High Net Worth individuals, students and even homemakers but shares a distinct commonality in terms of their spirit of enterprise.CNBC-TV18 is available in over 35 million households in India.
Current on-air staff
Name Title Raghav Bahl Managing Director, Network18 Senthil Chengalvarayan Group Editorial President, TV18 Business Media Udayan Mukherjee Managing Editor Shereen Bhan Executive Editor Anuradha Sengupta Features Editor Maneka Doshi Corporate Editor Latha Venkatesh Banking Editor Mitali Mukherjee News Editor Anuj Singhal Research Editor
CNBC-TV18's Key Milestones
- CNBC-TV18 was the First 24 hr business news channel in the country – Launched in 1999 as CNBC India and was later re-christened CNBC-TV18
- CNBC-TV18 has maintained a dominant position in market share, despite the emergence of competition in recent years. The channel has consistently delivered more than 50% market share
- The channel has won Best Business News Channel awards at all major recognized industry events, apart from numerous other accolades across national & international platforms. These include the acclaimed Indian Telly Awards, Indian Television Academy & News Television Awards
- The Indian marketing & media decision makers have rated CNBC-TV18 India’s No.1 TV Brand in a market that has over 400 TV brands competing for eyeballs (Pitch Brandometer Survey 2009)
- CNBC-TV18 runs India's largest platform for recognizing & rewarding accomplishments of Indian SME's - The Emerging India Awards. The Awards are listed in the Limca book of records as they received the highest number of entries for any business awards in the country till date.
- CNBC-TV18 runs India’s most respected and sought after awards for recognizing business & entrepreneurial achievement, the CNBC-TV18 India Business Leader Awards (IBLA). The IBLA re-inforces the prestige of CNBC Asia’s “Asia Business Leader Awards” (ABLA) in the country.
- CNBC-TV18 was the first channel to deliver beam live INTERNATIONAL business news programming into the country and show live opening of global exchanges, across the world
- CNBC-TV18’s Storyboard is the longest-running show focused on Advertising and Marketing
- CNBC-TV18 was the 1st channel to have a dedicated show on corporate law in India, The Firm
- CNBC-TV18’s Young Turks is one of India’s first dedicated & longest-running shows focusing on young entrepreneurs
- "Profit From It" (2000—2008)
- "The World Leader in Business News" (2004—2008)
- "First in Business Worldwide" (2008—present)
CNBC-TV18 also publishes business and investing books and DVDs through Network18's division BestSellers18. The collection of books and DVDs range a broad spectrum of topics right from economics, stock markets, finance, entrepreneurship, management, business empowerment and philosophy.
Started 7 January 2008, CNBC-TV18 had patterned its graphics, some parts of the lower-thirds, title cards to the main network (CNBC) in the United States and unlike the regional channel, its graphics are in 3d. Although it has retained the old ticker (similar to the CNBC US 2002 graphics) and stock bar (similar to the CNBC US 2003 graphics), which is above the channel DOG, it has moved it to the top of the screen during CNBC Asia, NBC and CNBC US programmes.
Started March 29, 2010, CNBC-TV18 made another revamp, to make some of its lower-thirds look like CNBC US.
- ET Now
- NDTV Profit
- Zee Business
- CNBC Awaaz
- Bloomberg UTV
- NDTV 24x7
- Times Now
- Headlines Today
- Network 18 Official website
- In.com - Latest Online venture from Network 18 Group
NBCUniversal LLC Company OfficialsBoard of DirectorsSenior Corporate Executives Universal Studios Universal Parks & Resorts Broadcast TV assets NBCUniversal
Television NetworksComcast Networks
CNBC global channels CNBC Europe branches CNBC Asia branches Universal Networks
Syfy global channels NBCUniversal Television Group NBC O&Os Telemundo O&Os ShopNBC O&Os Internet ventures: Other assets: Defunct properties: See also:
- ^ Co-owned with Dentsu.
- ^ 50%, with Viacom's Paramount Pictures.
- ^ Combined operation with InterMedia Partners.
- ^ a b c Co-owned with Blackstone Group and Bain Capital.
- ^ Co-owned with Corus Entertainment and Cookie Jar Group.
- ^ Co-owned with Mediaset.
- ^ a b The stations are co-owned with LIN TV in a joint venture (76% owned by NBC, 24% owned by LIN).
- ^ a b c The stations are owned by NBCUniversal, but are controlled by ZGS Broadcast Holdings.
- ^ Co-owned with News Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
- ^ Co-owned with Microsoft in a joint venture (82% owned by NBC, 18% owned by Microsoft).
- ^ Co-owned with Corus Entertainment, Classic Media, Nelvana, Scholastic Books and ION Media Networks.
Television news in India Hindi News Channels English News Channels Regional News ChannelsMahuaa Khobor • TV9 (Kannada) • TV9 (Telugu) • Tara Newz • Akhon Khobor • PTC News • Mh1 News • Indiavision • Asianet • Kairali People • JaiHind TV • News Live • 24 Ghanta • NE TV • IBN Lokmat • Sun News • Manorama News • STAR Ananda • STAR Majha • Punjab Today • R-Plus • Kolkata TV • Zee 24 Taas • Ne Bangla • ETV News • News Time • Channel 10 • DY 365 • Frontier TV • News Time Assam • Sakshi TV • NTV • News5 • Kalaignar Seithigal • Raj News 24*7 Business News Channels
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
TV18 (India) — TV18 or Television Eighteen India Limited is India s #1 Business News Medium. It broadcasts two news channels across India: [http://cnbc tv18.moneycontrol.com/cnbctv18/ CNBC TV18 (English)] Business Markets NewsCNBC Awaaz (Hindi) Consumer Markets … Wikipedia
CNBC Europe — Launched March 1996 Owned by NBC Universal Picture format 4:3 (576i, SDTV) Audience share 2.8 million (estimated weekly reach) (Fe … Wikipedia
CNBC — Senderlogo Allgemeine Informationen Empfang: Kabel, Satellit … Deutsch Wikipedia
CNBC Asia — ist ein asiatischer Wirtschafts und Finanznachrichtensender, der von NBC Universal betrieben wird und seinen Sitz in Singapur hat. CNBC Asia ist der asiatische Ableger des US amerikanischen Senders CNBC (Consumer News and Business Channel).… … Deutsch Wikipedia
CNBC Europe — est une chaîne de télévision d information économique et financière, et est l équivalent européen de la chaîne de télévision d information en continu américaine CNBC. Lancée en mars 1996, elle appartient au groupe NBC Universal. Son siège social… … Wikipédia en Français
CNBC (disambiguation) — CNBC has several meanings: *CNBC, until 1991 the Consumer News and Business Channel, or one of its sister channels: **CNBC Europe **CNBC Arabiya **CNBC Asia ***CNBC TV18, an Indian business channel, formerly CNBC India ***Nikkei CNBC, a Japanese… … Wikipedia
CNBC — Coordinates: 40°53′55″N 73°56′21″W / 40.89861°N 73.93917°W / 40.89861; 73.93917 This article is about the business news chan … Wikipedia
CNBC — Coordenadas: 40°53′55″N 73°56′21″O / 40.89861, 73.93917 CNBC … Wikipedia Español
CNBC Awaaz — Infobox TV channel name = CNBC TV18 logofile = logosize = logoalt = launch = closed date = share = share as of = share source = owner = CNBC Asia TV18 slogan = country = IND broadcast area = IND headquarters = former names = replaced names =… … Wikipedia
CNBC Asia — Infobox TV channel name = CNBC Asia logofile = CNBC Asia logo 2006.jpg logosize = 300px logoalt = launch = June 20, 1995 closed date = share = share as of = share source = owner = NBC Universal slogan = First in Business Worldwide (Since… … Wikipedia