Die Mannequin Background information Origin Toronto, Ontario, Canada Genres Punk rock, alternative rock Years active 2005–present Labels EMI, How To Kill, Cordless Website diemannequin.ca Members Care Failure
Past members Ghostwolf
Die Mannequin is a punk rock band from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. They are fronted by 23-year-old guitar player and singer Care Failure (born Caroline Kawa). They played the "Next Big Thing" Stage at Edgefest 1 in 2006, have toured across Eastern Canada several times on their own as well as opening for Buckcherry on their Canadian tour. Die Mannequin also opened for Guns N' Roses on the Canadian dates of their 2006 North American Tour, and supported Sum 41 on their Strength in Numbers tour during the fall of 2007. They have toured Europe on several occasions, alone and as opening act for the European Danko Jones tour in 2008. They are also playing one of the legs of the Jägermeister tour with Bloodlights and Oceansize.
In the fall of 2009, Die Mannequin opened for Marilyn Manson on the full Canadian leg of his "The High End of Low" tour in addition to a cross Canada tour of their own featuring opening act Raggedy Angry.
Rising from the ashes of Care Failure's first four-piece band "The Bloody Mannequins", Die Mannequin started in the spring of 2006 when Failure recorded her first EP, How to Kill, on How To Kill Records/Cordless Recordings. She sang and played guitar and bass on this EP because she did not have a permanent backing band at that time. Death from Above 1979's Jesse F. Keeler took care of the drum duties as well as production. The E.P. featured four songs and was produced by Keeler and partner Al-P from MSTRKRFT and was mastered by Ryan Mills at Joao Carvalho Mastering. Care Failure was also a member of the supergroup The Big Dirty Band, which included members from the Canadian hardrock band Rush, amongst others. They have recorded a cover version and video of The Bobby Fuller Four song I Fought The Law. This video also featured Anthony Useless, even though he did not play on any of the recordings. It was featured as a soundtrack to the 2006 movie Trailer Park Boys: The Movie.
Failure later hired two of her longtime friends, Ethan Deth (of Toronto band Kill Cheerleader) and Pat M. (a.k.a. Ghostwolf), to play bass and drums. Deth was quickly replaced by Anthony "Useless" Bleed, also from Kill Cheerleader. He plays bass guitar and provides backing vocals. Managed by Shull Management, Die Mannequin signed with EMI Publishing in the summer of 2006, and began their own record label, How To Kill Records which is distributed by Warner Music Canada. They were booked as one of the opening bands for Guns N' Roses' eastern leg of their 2006 North-American tour.
During the 4th of July week in 2007, "DMage" was available on iTunes when "Autumn Cannibalist" was put up for free download.
Die Mannequin released a new EP in the fall of 2007 entitled Slaughter Daughter. Two tracks, "Do It Or Die" and "Saved By Strangers", were produced by Ian D'Sa of Billy Talent. The other two tracks, "Upside Down Cross" and "Lonely Of A Woman", were produced by Junior Sanchez. There was also a live recording (or bootleg) of "Open Season" included on this EP. The band released a video for the first single, "Do it or Die", which entered rotation on Much Music and Much Loud.
Both EPs have been collected on a single disc entitled Unicorn Steak which features two unreleased songs: an early demo of "Empty's Promise" and the cover of the Beatsteaks song Hand in Hand. A video was also recorded after the release of Unicorn Steak, for the song "Saved By Strangers", directed by Canadian director Bruce McDonald. He has also directed a documentary about Die Mannequin, entitled The Rawside of Die Mannequin, which premiered at Toronto's North By North East festival, June 15 of 2008.
Die Mannequin posted a video on their Myspace announcing a new album entitled FINO + BLEED. It was released on September 8, 2009 and was mixed by Mike Fraser.
- Current members
- Caroline "Care Failure" Kawa - vocals, guitar, bass (2005–present)
- Anthony "Useless" Bleed - bass, backing vocals (2006–present)
- Dazzer Scott - drums, percussion (2009–present)
- Stacy Stray - guitar, backing vocals (2009–present)
- Former members
- Session members
- Jesse F. Keeler - drums, percussion (on How To Kill EP)
- Jack Irons - drums, percussion (on Fino + Bleed)
Die Mannequin has released two recognized albums to date and two EPs.
Year Single Chart performance CAN 2006 Autumn Cannibalist - 2008 Do It Or Die - 2008 Saved By Strangers - 2009 Bad Medicine - 2009 Dead Honey - 2009 Miss Americvnt -
- FINO + BLEED (2009)
- Unicorn Steak (2008)
Die Mannequin gets darker and warns of Toronto rapist - From Torontomusicscene.ca
- Music of Canada
- Canadian rock
- List of Canadian musicians
- List of bands from Canada
- Category:Canadian musical groups
- ^ "Die Mannequin article in the McGill Daily". http://www.mcgilldaily.com/view.php?aid=5591.
- ^ The Chronicle Herald (November 20th 2006) Fan Loses Patience with Axl's Late Start
- ^ http://www.chartattack.com/news/44698/deryck-whibleys-weak-back-ends-strength-in-numbers-tour-early Singerman, Michelle, "Deryck Whibley's Weak Back Ends Strength In Numbers Tour Early", ChartAttack, Oct 23, 2007
- ^ Die Mannequin to support Danko Jones on upcoming tour (Wednesday, January 05, 2008)
- ^ Die Mannequin, Vancouver BC, Friday, November 06, 2009, Venue
- ^ "DIE MANNEQUIN". Ottawa Start. http://ottawastart.com/story/5118.php. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- ^ a b "Die Mannequin Bio on the EMI Publishing website". http://www.emimusicpub.com/worldwide/artist_profile/die-mannequin-care-failure_profile.html.
- ^ "Die Mannequin showcase in Canadian Musician March/April 2006". http://www.canadianmusician.com/cmshowmar06.htm.
- ^ Le Soleil (November 19th 2006) Axl Rose fidèle au poste... malgré tout
- ^ "Guns N' Roses Will Play 2 Hours Tonight in Toronto, Despite Curfew Rules". http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=5108.
- ^ Exclaim!'s review of Slaughter Daughter
- ^ Interview with Care Failure by Mike Bax for FAZOR Online Music Magazine
- ^ http://www.citysonic.tv/films/Care-Failure-Die-Mannequin-at-1021-The-Edge.php
- Official website
- Die Mannequin on Myspace
- Care Failure Interview – Truth Mag
- "Do It Or Die" Music Video on MuchMusic.com
- "Saved by Strangers" Music Video on MuchMusic.com
- City Sonic: Die Mannequin Film
Die Mannequin Care Failure • Anthony "Useless" Bleed • Dazzer Scott • Stacy Stray
Jesse F. Keeler • Ethan Deth • Pat Ghostwolf •Jack Irons
Studio AlbumsUnicorn Steak • FINO + BLEED EPs Singles"Autumn Cannibalist" • "Do It Or Die" • "Saved By Strangers" • "Bad Medicine" • "Dead Honey" • "Miss Americvnt" Record LabelsHow To Kill Records • Cordless Recordings Related articlesThe Raw Side of…Die Mannequin • Hard Core Logo 2
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Die Mannequin — Allgemeine Informationen Genre(s) Alternative Rock Gründung 2006 Website http://www.myspac … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mannequin — Mannequin: Das seit dem 18. Jh. bezeugte Fremdwort war wie frz. mannequin, aus dem es entlehnt ist, zunächst nur im Bereich der bildenden Künste in der Bedeutung »Modellpuppe, Gliederpuppe« gebräuchlich. Über »Schneiderpuppe« und… … Das Herkunftswörterbuch
Mannequin — Sn std. (18. Jh.) Entlehnung. Entlehnt aus frz. mannequin m. Modepuppe , dieses aus mndl. mannekijn Männchen , einem Diminutivum zu mndl. man m. Mann . Zunächst Bezeichnung für Puppen, die man zum Nähen und Ausstellen von Kleidung verwendet; dann … Etymologisches Wörterbuch der deutschen sprache
Mannequin — (fr., spr. Mannekäng), 1) Gliederpuppe; 2) eine Puppe, welche, um die Moden deutlicher zu machen, sonst angezogen von Paris kam, auch jetzt bisweilen noch vor den Schaufenstern größerer Modenhandlungen ausgestellt wird; 3) ähnliche Puppe, für den … Pierer's Universal-Lexikon
Die Another Day (Chanson) — Die Another Day Single par Madonna extrait de l’album American Life Photo: Mert Alas Marcus Piggot Sortie 22 octobre 2002 Durée 04:38 … Wikipédia en Français
Die Another Day (Madonna) — Die Another Day (chanson) Die Another Day Single par Madonna extrait de l’album American Life Photo: Mert Alas Marcus Piggot Sortie 22 octobre 2002 Durée 04:38 … Wikipédia en Français
Die Another Day (chanson) — Die Another Day Single par Madonna extrait de l’album American Life Photo: Mert Alas Marcus Piggot Sortie 22 octobre 2002 Durée 04:38 Genre … Wikipédia en Français
Mannequin (1937) — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel: Mannequin Originaltitel: Mannequin Produktionsland: USA Erscheinungsjahr: 1937 Länge: 95 Minuten Originalsprache: Englisch … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mannequin (1938) — Filmdaten Originaltitel Mannequin Produktionsland USA … Deutsch Wikipedia
Mannequin (1987) — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel Mannequin Produktionsland USA … Deutsch Wikipedia