Ground Components are an angular soul-punk-rock band formed and based in Melbourne, Australia. Formed December 2002, in East Brunswick, a suburb of Melbourne. Their first public performance were in 2002, playing with friends bands and at small house parties. The band then went on to sign with Melbourne Independent record label "Love&Mercy" the following year.
They went on to perform at Meredith Music Festival, The Big Day Out, Splendour in the Grass and Homebake. And played as support band for Hard Fi, Teenage Fanclub, Saul Williams, Spoon, My Morning Jacket, Muse band , M Ward, Microphones, J Mascis, The Liars, Suicide Girls, The Sleepy Jackson, Spiderbait, Powderfinger. Before touring USA and playing SXSW festival, and the UK in 2004.
Ground Components have collaborated with Melbourne based female MC Macromantics (Kill Rock Stars, USA). And played as backing band to both Microphones and M Ward. Dallas and Indra also played horns for My Morning Jacket on their most recent tour of Australia.
The band is currently on indefinite hiatus. Dallas Paxton and Indra Adams played on the latest recordings by Dan Kelly, of which Adams is also a member of the live band. Paxton has appeared as a guest member of Midnight Juggeranuts and Architecture In Helsinki at live shows. Adams is founder of Singhala music, a music bookings and online media business. Joe McGuigan is currently performing as Garage Joe, a trio consisting of McGuigan and members of Little Red.
Current Band members
- Indra Adams - Bass guitar, Backing vocals
- Joe McGuigan - Rhythm Guitar, Vocals
- Dallas Paxton - Electric Piano, Hammond Organ, Backing Vocals
- Ground Components - Ground Components - 6 track EP - Released October 2003, engineered and mixed by Casey Rice, produced by Casey Rice & Ground Components at Sing Sing Studios, Melbourne. Mastered at SAE Mastering, Chicago.
- Ground Components - It All Catches Up With You / One Step Back - 5 Track EP - Released July 2004, engineered and mixed by Casey Rice, produced by Casey Rice & Ground Components at Sing Sing Studios, Melbourne. Mastered a Moose Mastering, Melbourne
- Ground Components - On Your Living Room Floor - 4 Track Single - Release SEP 2006, Recorded by Steven Schram at Guruland, produced by Ground Components, mixed by Steve at martin street studios. Mastered at The Exchange (UK) by Mike Marsh.
- Ground Components - An Eye For A Brow, A Tooth For A Pick - 9 Track Album - Release SEP 2006, Recorded by Steven Schram at Guruland, produced by Ground Components, mixed by Steve at martin street studios. Mastered at The Exchange (UK) by Mike Marsh
- Ground Components - Hands In The Air - 3 Track Single - Released April 2007
- Official Ground Components Website
- Official Ground Components Myspace
- Ground Components at The Dwarf
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ground glass joint — Ground glass joints are used in laboratories to quickly and easily fit leak tight apparatus together from commonly available parts. For example, a round bottom flask, Liebig condenser, and oil bubbler with ground glass joints may be rapidly… … Wikipedia
Ground substance — is a term for the non collagenous components of extracellular matrix. Cells are surrounded by extracellular matrix in tissues, which acts as a support for the cells. Ground substance traditionally does not include collagen but does include all… … Wikipedia
Components of jet engines — Diagram of a typical gas turbine jet engine. Air is compressed by the fan blades as it enters the engine, and it is mixed and burned with fuel in the combustion section. The hot exhaust gases provide forward thrust and turn the turbines which… … Wikipedia
Ground speed — is the speed of an aircraft relative to the ground. It is the sum of the aircraft s true airspeed and the current wind and weather conditions; a headwind subtracts from the ground speed, while a tailwind adds to it. Winds at other angles to the… … Wikipedia
Ground (electricity) — In electrical engineering, ground or earth may be the reference point in an electrical circuit from which other voltages are measured, or a common return path for electric current, or a direct physical connection to the Earth. A typical earthing… … Wikipedia
Ground loop (electricity) — In an electrical system, a ground loop usually refers to a current, generally unwanted, in a conductor connecting two points that are supposed to be at the same potential, often ground, but are actually at different potentials. Ground loops… … Wikipedia
Ground and neutral — For uses of the term ground or earth in electricity but not in the context of mains wiring, see ground (electricity). Since the neutral point of an electrical supply system is often connected to earth ground, ground and neutral are closely… … Wikipedia
Ground bracelet — A ground bracelet or grounding strap is a device that helps prevent the build up of static electricity in a human body. The bracelet or strap is worn around one wrist (usually left for right handed individuals, right for left handed individuals) … Wikipedia
Ground mat — A ground mat or grounding mat is a flat, flexible pad used for working on electrostatic sensitive devices. It is generally made of a conductive plastic or metal mesh covered substrate which is electrically attached to ground. This helps discharge … Wikipedia
ground substance — Biol. 1. Also called matrix. the homogeneous substance in which the fibers and cells of connective tissue are embedded. 2. Also called hyaloplasm. the clear portion of the cell cytoplasm; cytosol. [1880 85] * * * ▪ biochemistry an amorphous … Universalium