- 1993 NBA Playoffs
NBA Playoffswas the postseason tournament of the National Basketball Association's 1992-1993 season. The tournament concluded with the Eastern Conference champion Chicago Bullswinning their third consecutive championship by defeating the Western Conference champion Phoenix Sunsfour games to two in the Finals. For the third consecutive year, the Bulls' Michael Jordanwas named NBA Finals MVP.
This was the Suns' second Western Conference championship; they made their first NBA Finals appearance in 1976, losing to the
Charlotte Hornetsmade their postseason debut in the 1993 playoffs, and became the first of the 1988 and 1989 expansion teams (Charlotte, Orlando, Minnesota and Miami) to win a playoff series, stunning the Boston Celticsin four games.
* Down zero games to two against the #8 seeded Los Angeles Lakers, #1 seed Phoenix came back to win their first round series 3-2.
* Both #5 seeds Charlotte and San Antonio beat their #4 seeded opponent in the first round.
New York Knickstake a 2-0 series lead over the Chicago Bullsin the Conference Finals. However, headlines in New York papers and tabloids anger and energize Bulls superstar Michael Jordan, who torched the Knicks in games 3 and 4 to even up the series. The Bulls went to Madison Square Gardento take Game 5 and cliched the series at home in Game 6.
* The Boston Celtics star Reggie Lewis faints on the court during the playoff series with the Hornets. He passes away less than three months later.
* After the Suns defeated the Sonics in game 7 of the Western Conference Finals, there were complaints about the free throw comparison between the two teams.
Drazen Petrovicplayed his last game in game 5 of the Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals. He died in a car accident 5 weeks later.
* [http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1993.html Basketball-Reference.com's 1993 NBA Playoffs page]
* [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl6V9XKMoTs&feature=PlayList&p=76FA4EEC98F21E34&index=0&playnext=1 Eastern Conf. Semifinals Game 4 "Chicago Bulls vs. Cleveland Cavs" on Youtube.com]
* [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntI_o8Dx3yY&feature=PlayList&p=811B11BBDBC94D6E&index=0&playnext=1 Eastern Conf. Finals Game 5 "Chicago Bulls vs. New York Knicks" on Youtube.com]
* [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B97mOqJp-Eo&feature=PlayList&p=C67C58C59717CAC6&index=0&playnext=1 Eastern Conf. Finals Game 6 "Chicago Bulls vs. New York Knicks" on Youtube.com]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
1993 NBA Finals — NBA Finals summary caption = year = 1993 runnerup = Phoenix Suns runnerup coach = Paul Westphal runnerup games = 2 champion = Chicago Bulls champion coach = Phil Jackson champion games = 4 date= June 9 June 20 MVP = Michael Jordan (Chicago Bulls) … Wikipedia
NBA Playoffs — 2007 NBA Playoff logo The National Basketball Association (NBA) Playoffs is a best of seven elimination tournament among sixteen teams in the Eastern Conference and Western Conference (called Divisions, pre 1970), ultimately deciding the final… … Wikipedia
2007 NBA Playoffs — The 2007 NBA Playoffs was the postseason to the National Basketball Association s 2006–2007 season. There were four rounds of postseason action, all of them in a best of seven format, with teams seeded on a bracket. The team with the better… … Wikipedia
2005 NBA Playoffs — The 2005 NBA Playoffs was the postseason of the National Basketball Association s 2004–05 season. The San Antonio Spurs, the number two ranked team in the Western Conference, won the 2005 NBA Playoffs by defeating the defending champions, the… … Wikipedia
2008 NBA Playoffs — The 2008 NBA Playoffs was the postseason for the National Basketball Association s 2007–08 season which ended with the Eastern Conference champion Boston Celtics defeating the Western Conference champion Los Angeles Lakers 4–2. There were four… … Wikipedia
2009 NBA Playoffs — The 2009 NBA Playoffs was the postseason for the National Basketball Association s 2008–09 season. The playoffs started on April 18, 2009 with ABC, ESPN, TNT, and NBA TV broadcasting the games in the United States. Eight teams from each of the… … Wikipedia
2010 NBA Playoffs — The 2010 NBA Playoffs was the postseason for the National Basketball Association s 2009–10 season. The playoffs started on April 17, 2010 with ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, and NBA TV broadcasting the games in the United States. Eight… … Wikipedia
1976 NBA Playoffs — The 1976 NBA Playoffs was the postseason tournament of the National Basketball Association s 1975 1976 season. The tournament concluded with the Eastern Conference champion Boston Celtics defeating the Western Conference champion Phoenix Suns,… … Wikipedia
2006 NBA Playoffs — The 2006 NBA Playoffs was the postseason of the National Basketball Association s 2005 06 season. The 2006 NBA Champions were the Miami Heat who won the first championship in the history of the franchise. The team defeated the Dallas Mavericks 4… … Wikipedia
1994 NBA Playoffs — The 1994 NBA Playoffs was the postseason tournament of the National Basketball Association s 1993 1994 season. The tournament concluded with the Western Conference champion Houston Rockets defeating the Eastern Conference champion New York Knicks … Wikipedia