Certified International Investment Analyst
Certified International Investment Analyst (CIIA) is a global finance designation offered by the Association of Certified International Investment Analysts (ACIIA) to financial professionals; candidates may be financial analysts, portfolio managers or investment advisors. (The CIIA is sometimes described as "the European Version of CFA" having a global recognition; it is also seen as a successor to the earlier CEFA qualification.)
The ACIIA is recognised and promoted by both ASIF and EFFAS representing financial analyst federations in Asia and Europe. ACIIA is the international umbrella organisation for national and regional associations of investment professionals representing over 60,000 portfolio managers, analysts, investment advisers, asset managers and fund managers etc. worldwide.
The uniqueness of the CIIA designation is that it tests members both at the local level from the countries they are appearing and having cleared those country specific exams can only appear for ACIIA common international level exams. This way it maintains standards both at the national and international levels.
ACIIA was formed in year 2000 by two large and world's leading federations "EFFAS" and "ASIF". The third federation "APIMEC" of Brazil joined with ACIIA to offer CIIA program to member countries bringing in a common platform of Knowledge and uniform standards to Investment professionals worldwide. For the constituent analyst societies see under EFFAS and ASIF.
To be awarded the CIIA, candidates must pass two "Common Knowledge" Exams and a third National/Regional Exam (examining knowledge of specific markets), and have 3 years relevant experience  and has to be a member from of ACIIA as well as their local regional society. The exams are taken twice per year and are written at a postgraduate level.
CIIA Code of Professional Ethics
A. Fundamental Principles
- Honesty, Integrity, and Fairness
- Reasonable Care and Diligence
- Interests of Clients First
- Independence and Objectivity
- Professional Competence
- Required Knowledge and Compliance
B. Specific Key Principles
- Reasonable Basis and Fair Representation
- Prohibition Against Misrepresentation
- Prevention and Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
- Fair Dealing with Clients
- Prohibition Against Use of Material, Non-Public Information
- Proper Use of Professional Qualifications
- Preservation of Client Confidentiality
Legal and Other Recognitions
- The CIIA qualification is recognised as a key 2 qualification in the UK by the Financial Services Skills Council.
- Membership of Securities & Investment Institute (SII) with 3 years of Professional experience for CIIA diploma holders for full membership (MSI). SII is also a part of the ACIIA network.
- The ACIIA has an awarding body status in the UK and CIIA qualification to be included on the appropriate examinations list for seven relevant activities that are regulated by the FSA (Financial Services Authority) in the UK.
- The Securities Analysts Association of Japan (SAAJ) offering the prestigious Japanese qualification CMA has given exemptions to common exams and CIIA holders have to give only regional or local exams covering only national topics.
- Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong the equivalent of SEC for USA recognises CIIA holders for Test of Competence and for fulfilling regulatory requirements.
- Hong Kong Securities Institute (HKSI) is a part of ACIIA network offering the CIIA qualification and also membership to CIIA holders.
- The CIIA fulfils the regulatory requirements of the Polish Securities and Exchange Commission for registration as a licensed securities broker or investment adviser.
- In the US the CIIA holders are recognized by PRMIA (Professional Risk Managers' International Association) as the equivalent of passing first two required exams.
- LOMA which is an international association of Insurance and Financial services companies headquartered in the US, has recognised the CIIA designation for Professional Achievement Credits (PACs) in its Fellow, Financial Services Institute (FFSI) Programme.
- IFBL (Institut De Formation Bancaire Luxembourg) in association of PWC (Price Waterhouse Coopers) recognises CIIA diploma holders for their IFBL Certified Private Banker program giving exemptions from attending tuition blocks Legal and Regulatory Framework and Portfolio Management, as well as passing specific examinations.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Certified International Investment Analyst — (CIIA) est un diplôme international délivré en France par la SFAF (Société française des analystes financiers). Comme le Certified International Wealth Management, le CIIA intègre les spécificités propres au contexte financier national tout en… … Wikipédia en Français
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst — CAIA redirects here. For other uses, see Caia (disambiguation). Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) (pronounced KAI ah ) is a professional designation offered by the CAIA Association to investment professionals who complete a course… … Wikipedia
Certified Financial Planner — The Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation is a professional certification mark for financial planners conferred by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) in the United States, Financial Planning Standards… … Wikipedia
Investment management — is the professional management of various securities (shares, bonds etc.) and assets (e.g., real estate), to meet specified investment goals for the benefit of the investors. Investors may be institutions (insurance companies, pension funds,… … Wikipedia
Certified Valuation Analyst — Der Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA®) ist ein eigenständiger Qualifikationsnachweis für Berufsgruppen, die sich mit der Unternehmensbewertung beschäftigen. Unternehmensbewertungen spielen vor allem bei Unternehmenstransaktionen, Bilanzierung von … Deutsch Wikipedia
Chartered Financial Analyst — Chartered Financial Analyst(CFA) Type Professional Organization Location Charlottesville, Virginia, United States Website www.cfainstitute.org … Wikipedia
Financial analyst — A financial analyst (or securities analyst, research analyst, equity analyst, investment analyst) is a person who works with financial analysis.JobAn analyst will write reports on the companies they are supposed to cover, trying to describe the… … Wikipedia
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants — Infobox Company company name = The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) company company type = British chartered accountancy body foundation = flagicon|UK [England, UK] (1904) company slogan = ACCA Accountancy s uncommon… … Wikipedia
Finance — For the Slovenian newspaper, see Finance (newspaper). Finance Financial markets … Wikipedia
Professional certification (Business) — A professional certification, trade certification, or professional designation (often called simply certification or qualification ) is a designation earned by a person to assure that he/she is qualified to perform a job or task. Certifications,… … Wikipedia