Link Grammar Parser
The Link Grammar Parser or LinkParser is a parser for English which analyzes sentences using the
It was written by Davy Temperley, Daniel Sleator, and John Lafferty of
Carnegie Mellon University.
* Find the verb in the sentence "he is a big dog".en.sentence.verb.to_s => "is"
* Find the direct object of the sentence "he is a big dog".en.sentence.object.to_s => "dog"
[http://www.deveiate.org/projects/Linguistics/wiki/English More examples]
* Daniel Sleator and Davy Temperley, "Parsing English with a Link Grammar", "Third International Workshop on Parsing Technologies", 1993. [http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/link/pub/www/papers/ps/LG-IWPT93.pdf PDF]
* Dennis Grinberg, John Lafferty, and Daniel Sleator, "A robust parsing algorithm for link grammars", "Proceedings of the Fourth International Workshop on Parsing Technologies", Prague, September, 1995. [http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/link/pub/www/papers/ps/tr95-125.pdf PDF]
* [http://www.link.cs.cmu.edu/link/ Link Grammar Parser] home page
* [http://www.eturner.net/linkgrammar-wn/ LinkGrammar-WN] , lexicon expansion for the Link Grammar Parser
* [http://www.faeriemud.org/wiki/LinkParser Ruby port]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Link grammar — (LG) is a theory of syntax by Davy Temperley and Daniel Sleator which builds relations between pairs of words, rather than constructing constituents in a tree like hierarchy. There are two basic parameters: directionality and distance. Dependency … Wikipedia
Parser Grammar Engine — The Parser Grammar Engine (originally Parrot Grammar Engine) or PGE is a compiler and runtime for a Perl 6 rules for the Parrot virtual machine. [cite web | url=http://search.cpan.org/ ltoetsch/parrot 0.2.2/compilers/pge/README | title=Parrot… … Wikipedia
Dependency grammar — Hybrid constituency/dependency tree from the Quranic Arabic Corpus Dependency grammar (DG) is a class of syntactic theories developed by Lucien Tesnière. It is distinct from phrase structure grammars, as it lacks phrasal nodes. Structure is… … Wikipedia
Formal grammar — In formal semantics, computer science and linguistics, a formal grammar (also called formation rules) is a precise description of a formal language ndash; that is, of a set of strings over some alphabet. In other words, a grammar describes which… … Wikipedia
Operator-precedence parser — An operator precedence parser is a bottom up parser that interprets an operator precedence grammar. For example, most calculators use operator precedence parsers to convert from the human readable infix notation with order of operations format… … Wikipedia
Metamath — Developer(s) Norman Megill Written in C Operating system … Wikipedia
MediaWiki — namespace redirects here. For help regarding the MediaWiki namespace on Wikipedia, see Help:MediaWiki namespace. For general information about Wikipedia namespaces, see Wikipedia:Namespace. Talk page and MediaWiki talk page redirect here. For… … Wikipedia
List of algorithms — The following is a list of the algorithms described in Wikipedia. See also the list of data structures, list of algorithm general topics and list of terms relating to algorithms and data structures.If you intend to describe a new algorithm,… … Wikipedia
Lojban — la lojban. Pronunciation [la ˈloʒban] … Wikipedia
XML — Infobox file format name = Extensible Markup Language icon = logo = extension = .xml mime = application/xml, text/xml (deprecated) type code = uniform type = public.xml magic = owner = World Wide Web Consortium genre = Markup language container… … Wikipedia