Method Man (song)
"Method Man" Song by Wu-Tang Clan from the album Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) and Tical Released August 3, 1993 Recorded March 1993 Firehouse Studio in New York City Genre East Coast hip hop Length 5:50 Label Loud Records Writer Robert Diggs, Clifford Smith Composer Method Man, RZA Producer RZA Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) track listing "C.R.E.A.M."
"Protect Ya Neck"
"Method Man" is the B-side to the single "Protect Ya Neck" from critically acclaimed debut album by the Wu-Tang Clan titled Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). It was a solo track for the first successful solo star of the Wu-Tang Clan, Method Man. The song was chosen for The Source magazine 100 best rap singles . The refrain of the song (M-E-T-H-O-D) draws from the 1984 Hall & Oates hit "Method of Modern Love" from Big Bam Boom.
- The refrain of the song (M-E-T-H-O-D) draws from the 1984 Hall & Oates hit "Method of Modern Love" from Big Bam Boom.
- Pattycake - (Pattycake, pattycake, hey, the Method Man).
- Jif peanut butter, Skippy peanut butter, Peter Pan peanut butter - (Don't eat Skippy, Jif or Peter Pan, Peanut butter cuz I'm not butter).
- Green Eggs and Ham - (I be Sam, Sam-I-Am, and I don't eat green eggs and ham).
- Skunk, a strain of cannabis (I got fat bags of skunk).
- White Owl blunts. (I got white owl blunts).
- Method Man uses the term "Super Sperm" a reference to the song "Rapper's Delight" by The Sugarhill Gang.
- Tootsie Pops - (Now how many licks does it take, for me to hit the tootsie roll center of a break?)
- Get off of My Cloud - ("Hey, you, get off my cloud/You don't know me and you don't know my style") - a reference to the Rolling Stones song.
- "Hey, hey, hey, like Fat Albert; It's the Method Man, and there's no if, ands about it...".
- Tweety Bird: "Hold up, what; I tawt I taw a putty tat over there..."
- '"I am the one and only Method Man; rapper with the plan, wrapping shit like Saran..."
- "Chiminy chim chiminy" echoes the chimney sweep song from Mary Poppins.
- David Alan Grier's character Calhoun Tubbs from the TV series In Living Color: "Wrote a song about it; like to hear it? Here it go." This phrase was previously used in En Vogue's "Free Your Mind".
The introduction to the song includes a dialogue between Method Man and Raekwon detailing various methods of torture.
- Pre-song dialogue: Raekwon and Method Man
- Intro: GZA
- Verse one: Method Man
- Chorus: Method Man
- Verse two: Method Man
- Outro: RZA and Ghostface Killah
Wu-Tang Clan RZA · GZA · Method Man · Ghostface Killah · Raekwon · Inspectah Deck · Masta Killa · U-God ·
Ol' Dirty Bastard (deceased)
Studio albums Singles CompilationsThe Swarm · Wu-Chronicles · Wu-Chronicles, Chapter 2 · The Sting · Disciples of the 36 Chambers · Legend of the Wu-Tang Clan · Wu-Tang Meets the Indie Culture · Mathematics Presents Wu-Tang Clan & Friends Unreleased · Wu-Tang Chamber Music · Wu-Tang Meets the Indie Culture, Vol. 2: Enter the Dubstep · Legendary Weapons Related Book:Wu-Tang Clan · Category:Wu-Tang Clan · Portal:Hip-hop Method Man Studio albumsTical · Tical 2000: Judgement Day · Tical 0: The Prequel · 4:21... The Day After Other albums Singles Featured artist Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Judgement Day (Method Man song) — Infobox Single Name = Judgement Day Cover size = Caption = Artist = Method Man Album = A side = B side = Dangerous Grounds Big Dogs Released = October 20 1998 Format = 12 single Recorded = 1998 Genre = East Coast hip hop Length = 4:23 Label = Def … Wikipedia
Method Man — For the song, see Method Man (song). For the film, see Method Man (film). Method Man December 21, 2010 Background information Birth name … Wikipedia
Method Man videography — This is a detailed videography of rap performer Method Man. Contents 1 Method Man Videos 2 Wu Tang Videos 3 Featured Appearance Videos 4 Cameos … Wikipedia
Method Man (disambiguation) — Articles entitled Method Man include: Music: Method Man is a Grammy winning American rapper, record producer, actor, and member of the Wu Tang Clan hip hop collective Method Man (song), a Wu Tang Clan song from their debut album Enter the Wu Tang … Wikipedia
Method Man & Redman — Also known as Meth Red, Red Meth Origin Staten Island, New York City Newark, New Jersey Genres Hip hop Years active … Wikipedia
Method Man filmography — This is a filmography of famous Grammy award winning rap artist Method Man who is also an actor. Contents 1 Actor 1.1 Films 1.2 TV Series appearances 2 Other works … Wikipedia
Song Yingxing — (Traditional Chinese:宋應星; Simplified Chinese:宋应星; Wade Giles: Sung Ying Hsing; 1587 1666 AD) was a Chinese scientist and encyclopedist who lived during the late Ming Dynasty (1368 1644). He was the author of an encyclopedia that covered a wide… … Wikipedia
SONG OF SONGS — (Heb. שִׁיר הַשִּׁירִים), the book of the Hebrew Bible which normally follows Job in the Hagiographa and precedes the Book of Ruth. It thus stands first among the Five Scrolls. In Protestant and Roman Catholic Bibles, the book follows Proverbs… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Man v. Food Nation — Country of origin United States Broadcast Original channel Travel Channel Original run June 1, 2011 … Wikipedia
Man's Search for Meaning — Man s Search For Meaning: An Introduction to Logotherapy … Wikipedia