Ohio State Route 220
Route information Maintained by ODOT Length: 15.06 mi (24.24 km) Existed: 1924 – present Major junctions West end: SR 772 near Waverly US 23 in Waverly East end: SR 32 / SR 124 near Piketon Location Counties: Pike Highway system ← SR 219 SR 221 →
State Route 220 is an east–west state highway in the south central portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. Its western terminus is at State Route 772 about 8¼ miles west of Waverly, and its eastern terminus is at the State Route 32/State Route 124 concurrency 3 miles (4.8 km) east of Piketon.
- 1924 – Original route established; originally routed from Waverly to Zahns Corners.
- 1950 – Extended to its current western terminus via the former alignment of State Route 550.
- 1997 – Extended 1-mile (1.6 km) east to its current eastern terminus following a modernization of Corridor D.
The entire route is in Pike County.
Location Mile Destinations Notes Pebble Township 0.00 SR 772 Western terminus at T-intersection Pee Pee Township 4.07 SR 551 east T-intersection serving as western terminus of SR 551 5.37 SR 552 east T-intersection marking western terminus of SR 552 Waverly 8.28 US 23
SR 335 south
Signalized intersection marking northern terminus of SR 335, which enters from northeast;
US 23/SR 104 duplex crosses southeast-to-northeast
Seal Township 15.06 SR 32
Eastern terminus 1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Truck SR 220
Recently, a Truck SR 220 has been added near Waverly so that trucks can bypass several turns in the downtown area while heading to and from U.S. Route 23. The route has two forks, one following Pride Drive for traffic heading to and from the north, and one following West 2nd Street for traffic heading to and from the south.
- ^ a b Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams". http://www.odotonline.org/techservapps/SLD/default.htm. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- ^ Explanation of the Ohio State Highway System (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson
- ^ a b Route 220 (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson
- ^ "Street View: US 23 and Pride Drive, Waverly, Ohio". Google Maps. Google. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=waverly,+oh&sll=39.656786,-79.978387&sspn=0.012159,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Waverly,+Pike,+Ohio&ll=39.115344,-82.996173&spn=0.02464,0.038581&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=39.115347,-82.996159&panoid=iNYnOF7YkRlHkVKf5rPIpw&cbp=12,161.69,,0,6.9. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ohio State Route 551 — State Route 551 Route information Maintained by ODOT Length: 2.87 mi[1 … Wikipedia
Ohio State Route 552 — State Route 552 Route information Maintained by ODOT Length: 1.75 mi[1 … Wikipedia
Ohio State Route 32 — State Route 32 Route information Maintained by ODOT Length: 182.69 mi[1 … Wikipedia
Ohio State Route 335 — State Route 335 Route information Maintained by ODOT Length: 42.41 mi[1 … Wikipedia
Ohio State Route 219 — State Route 219 Route information Maintained by ODOT Length: 37.22 mi[1 … Wikipedia
Ohio State Route 221 — State Route 221 Route information Maintained by ODOT Length: 8.04 mi[1 … Wikipedia
Ohio State Route 369 — State Route 369 Route information … Wikipedia
New York State Route 365 — This article is about the current alignment of NY 365. For the former alignment of NY 365 in Chemung County, see New York State Route 365 (1930 – early 1930s). NYS Route 365 Route information Maintained by NYSDOT and the city of … Wikipedia
New York State Route 17 — NY 17 redirects here. NY 17 may also refer to New York s 17th congressional district. NYS Route 17 Map of New York with NY 17 highlighted in red … Wikipedia
Ohio and Erie Canal — Historic District U.S. National Register of Historic Places U.S. National Historic Landmark District … Wikipedia