neurocalcin delta Identifiers Symbol NCALD Entrez 83988 HUGO 7655 OMIM 606722 RefSeq NM_001040628 UniProt P61601 Other data Locus Chr. 8 q22-q23
The subclass of neurocalcins are brain-specific proteins that fit in to the EF-hand superfamily of calcium binding proteins. The NCS family were defined by the photoreceptor cell-specific protein, recoverin. Neurocalcin was purified from the bovine brain by using calcium-dependant drug affinity chromatography. The amino acid sequence showed that neurocalcin has three functional calcium binding sites. It is expressed in the central nervous system, retina, and adrenal gland. With this unique pattern of expression it is thought that neurcalcin offers a different physiological role than similar proteins visinin and recoverin.
- ^ Burgoyne RD (2007). "Neuronal calcium sensor proteins: generating diversity in neuronal Ca2+ signalling". Nat. Rev. Neurosci. 8 (3): 182–193. doi:10.1038/nrn2093. PMC 1887812. PMID 17311005. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&artid=1887812.
- ^ Burgoyne RD, O'Callaghan DW, Hasdemir B, Haynes LP, Tepikin AV (2004). "Neuronal Ca2+-sensor proteins: multitalented regulators of neuronal function". Trends Neurosci. 27 (4): 203–9. doi:10.1016/j.tins.2004.01.010. PMID 15046879.
- Terasawa, M; Nakano, A; Kobayashi, R; Hidaka, H (1992). "Neurocalcin: a novel calcium-binding protein from bovine brain" (PDF). The Journal of biological chemistry 267 (27): 19596–9. PMID 1527077. http://www.jbc.org/content/267/27/19596.full.pdf.
- Hidaka, H; Okazaki, K (1993). "Neurocalcin family: a novel calcium-binding protein abundant in bovine central nervous system". Neuroscience research 16 (2): 73–7. doi:10.1016/0168-0102(93)90074-Z. PMID 8387172.
- Ladant, D (1995). "Calcium and membrane binding properties of bovine neurocalcin delta expressed in Escherichia coli". The Journal of biological chemistry 270 (7): 3179–85. PMID 7852401.
Cell signaling: calcium signaling / calcium metabolism Cell membraneIon pumpsAdhesion moleculesOther Intracellular signaling
& calc. regulationSecond messengersChelators and calcium sensorsCytoskeleton remodeling proteinsOther
Extracellular ligands Calcium-binding proteins
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
neurocalcin — Calcium binding protein (23 kD) related to recoverin. Abundant in CNS … Dictionary of molecular biology
Neuronal calcium sensor — is a large family of proteins which work as calcium dependent molecular switches and includes members like Frequenin (NCS1), recoverin, GCAP, neurocalcin, visinin etc . All the members carry 4 EF hand motifs (out of which only 2 or 3 bind… … Wikipedia
Intracellular calcium-sensing proteins — are proteins that act in the second messenger system. Examples include: calmodulin calnexin calreticulin gelsolin External links MeSH Intracellular+Calcium Sensing+Proteins … Wikipedia
HPCAL1 — Hippocalcin like 1, also known as HPCAL1, is a human gene.cite web | title = Entrez Gene: HPCAL1 hippocalcin like 1| url = http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=gene Cmd=ShowDetailView TermToSearch=3241| accessdate = ] PBB Summary section… … Wikipedia
Calreticulin — PDB rendering based on 1hhn … Wikipedia
Actin-binding protein — Actin binding proteins (also known as ABP) are proteins that bind to actin. This may mean ability to bind actin monomers, or polymers, or both.Many actin binding proteins, including α actinin, β spectrin, dystrophin, utrophin and fimbrin, do this … Wikipedia
S-100 protein — S 100/ICaBP type calcium binding domain Identifiers Symbol S 100 Pfam PF01023 InterPro … Wikipedia
Osteocalcin — Bone gamma carboxyglutamate (gla) protein PDB rendering based on 1q8h … Wikipedia
Purine nucleoside phosphorylase — Not to be confused with polynucleotide phosphorylase. purine nucleoside phosphorylase Identifiers EC number 188.8.131.52 CAS number … Wikipedia
Oncomodulin — is a calcium binding protein and a macrophage derived growth factor, which can promote axon regeneration in retinal ganglion cells. v … Wikipedia