Oaklyn Public School District
Oaklyn Public School District Superintendent: Dr. Diane DeGiacomo Business Administrator: Amy Capriotti Address: Kendall Boulevard
Oaklyn, NJ 08107
Grade Range: K-12 School facilities: 2 Enrollment: 418 (as of 2008-09) Faculty (in FTEs): 39.3 Student–teacher ratio: 10.6 District Factor Group: CD Web site: http://oaklyn.k12.nj.us Ind. Per Pupil District
1 Comparative Cost $11,728 12 $13,632 -14.0% 2 Classroom Instruction 7,174 22 8,035 -10.7% 6 Support Services 1,849 26 2,166 -14.6% 8 Administrative Cost 1,520 24 1,379 10.2% 10 Operations & Maintenance 1,007 1 1,674 -39.8% 13 Extracurricular Activities 162 1 258 -37.2% 16 Median Teacher Salary 44,379 1 57,597 Data from NJDoE 2009 Comparative Spending Guide.
*Of K-12 districts with 0-1800 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=45
Oaklyn Public School District is a community public school district that serves students in pre-kindergarten through ninth grade from Oaklyn, in Camden County, New Jersey, United States. Oaklyn is the only district in New Jersey that still keeps the pre-kindergarten through ninth grade format. The district consists of two separate schools within one building.
Students in tenth through twelfth grades attend Collingswood High School as part of a sending/receiving relationship. The relationships with Collingswood and Hi-Nella have been in place for over 40 years.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "CD", the sixth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
- Elementary School
- Oaklyn Elementary School educates students from kindergarten through sixth grades (321 students)
- Junior High School
- Oaklyn Junior High School educates students in grades seventh through ninth (129 students)
- Jennifer Boulden - Principal
- Dr. Diane DeGiacomo, Superintendent
- Amy Capriotti, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- ^ a b District information for the Oaklyn Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 16, 2011.
- ^ Comparative Spending Guide March 2009, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 28, 2009.
- ^ a b c Administration, Oaklyn Public School District. Accessed March 16, 2011.
- ^ 2010 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey School Report Card. Accessed March 16, 2011. "Right in the middle of Kendall Boulevard, you will find the Oaklyn Public School. Today, this historic little school building that was constructed in 1926 services 443 pre-kindergarten through ninth grade students. Students residing in Oaklyn and Hi-Nella attend this school."
- ^ 13 Non-Operating School Districts Eliminated, New Jersey Department of Education press release dated July 1, 2009. Accessed December 26, 2009.
- ^ Collingswood High School, South Jersey magazine. Accessed November 18, 2007. "Collingswood High School serves about 850 students in grades nine through twelve from the Collingswood, Oaklyn, and Woodlynne school districts"
- ^ NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- ^ Data for the Oaklyn Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 16, 2011.
- ^ Camden County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 6, 2010.
- Oaklyn Public School District
- Oaklyn Public School District's 2009–10 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Oaklyn Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics
School districts of Camden County, New Jersey K-6 K-8 K-12 9-12 NoneAtlantic · Bergen · Burlington · Camden · Cape May · Cumberland · Essex · Gloucester · Hudson · Hunterdon · Mercer · Middlesex · Monmouth · Morris · Ocean · Passaic · Salem · Somerset · Sussex · Union · Warren
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chesilhurst Borough School District — Superintendent: Abdi Gass Business Administrator: Frank Badessa Address: 511 Edwards Avenue Chesilhurst, NJ 08089 Grade Range … Wikipedia
Merchantville School District — Superintendent: Christian Swanson Business Administrator: William H. Thompson Address: 130 South Centre Street Merchantville, NJ 08109 … Wikipedia
Clementon School District — Superintendent: Michael Adams Business Administrator: Joanne Clement Address: Audubon Avenue Clementon, NJ 08021 Grade Range … Wikipedia
Magnolia School District — Superintendent: Dr. Warren Pross Business Administrator: Henry Bermann Address: 420 North Warwick Road Magnolia, NJ 08049 Grade Range … Wikipedia
Woodlynne School District — Infobox School District name = Woodlynne School District logo = motto = type = budget = established = region = grades = PreK 8 superintendent = Dr. Patricia T. Doloughty students = 497 (as of 2005 06 teachers = 30.6 (on FTE basis) location = 131… … Wikipedia
Shikellamy School District — is a public school district in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. It serves Northumberland Borough, Point Township, Rockefeller Township, Snydertown Borough, the City of Sunbury, and Upper Augusta Township with 4 elementary schools, two middle… … Wikipedia
Oaklyn, New Jersey — Borough Oaklyn highli … Wikipedia
Collingswood Public Schools — Superintendent: Dr. Scott A. Oswald Business Administrator: Beth Ann Coleman Address: 200 Lees Avenue Collingswood, NJ 08108 Grade Range … Wikipedia
Comparison of school districts in New Jersey — This page shows school districts in New Jersey. It shows the county and town of which the school district is located. Then, if available it will show the Grades covered, and the latest number of students and teachers. So far Camden County,… … Wikipedia
Collingswood High School — Location 424 Collings Avenue Collingswood, NJ 08108 Information Type … Wikipedia