- Craig T. Nelson
Craig T. Nelson
Nelson at the June 2009 premiere for The Proposal
Born Craig Richard Nelson
April 4, 1944
Spokane, Washington, U.S.
Occupation Actor Years active 1971–present Spouse Doria Cook (1987–present)
Robin Nelson (div. 1978)
Craig Theodore Nelson (born Craig Richard Nelson; April 4, 1944) is an American actor. He is probably best known for his Emmy-winning roles as Hayden Fox on the TV series Coach, and as Steve Freeling in the 1982 film Poltergeist. He also starred in The Incredibles in 2004 as Mr. Incredible.
Nelson was born in Spokane, Washington, the son of Vera Margaret (née Spindler), a dancer, and Armand Gilbert Nelson, a businessman who was once a drummer in Bing Crosby's high school band. Nelson has a brown belt in karate and attended the University of Arizona and Central Washington University.
He has appeared in numerous motion pictures (most notably the Poltergeist series) and had featured roles in five television shows (Coach, Call to Glory, The District, My Name Is Earl, and Parenthood). Coach ran from 1989 to 1997, with Nelson starring as college football coach Hayden Fox.
During the early 1990s, he made a guest appearance in the music video for country singer Garth Brooks's song "We Shall Be Free". Nelson made a three-episode guest appearance on CSI: NY as a "nemesis" to Gary Sinise’s Taylor.
His most recent films include 2009's The Proposal as Ryan Reynolds' skeptical father and 2010's The Company Men as a greedy CEO. He currently stars in the 2010 television show Parenthood as Zeek Braverman, the family patriarch.
Nelson is a motorsports fan and an avid racer. He first participated in the 1991 Toyota Celebrity Long Beach Grand Prix and finished third. He founded Screaming Eagles Racing in 1994 with John Christie and entered and drove a Toyota-engined Spice SE90 in the IMSA WSC in 1994, a Lexus-engined Spice SE90 in 1995 and a Ford-engined Riley & Scott MkIII in 1996 and 1997.
In May 2009, Nelson appeared on Glenn Beck, where he spoke about his dislike of the current state of government, and highlighted the importance of funding for education and teachers. He also announced he would no longer pay taxes, and went on to state: "I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No. No." despite these being government assistance programs.
Craig is also a golf enthusiast and is a member at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, CA.
In popular culture
He is mentioned in the South Park episode "Over Logging" as being the next person to use the internet at the Red Cross camp.
In United States of Tara, Marshall references him while discussing extremely manly men.
On the American version of Whose Line Is It Anyway, Colin Mochrie would usually do an impression of Nelson during a game like Questionable Impressions (where an impression is required), because Mochrie's skill at impressions is amazing and Nelson doesn't have a strong accent or other trait to impersonate.
In episode 903 of the television series Mystery Science Theater 3000, as an on-screen character sits down in front of a large monitor screen, Tom Servo uses the riff "Alright, Craig T. Nelson, make me laugh."
- The Return of Count Yorga (1971) - Sgt. O'Connor
- Flesh Gordon (1974) - The Monster (voice, uncredited)
- ...And Justice for All (1979) - Frank Bowers
- Stir Crazy (1980) - Deputy Ward Wilson
- Where the Buffalo Roam (1980) - Cop on stand
- Private Benjamin (1980) - Capt. William Woodbridge
- Poltergeist (1982) - Steve Freeling
- Silkwood (1983) - Winston
- All the Right Moves (1983) - Nickerson
- The Osterman Weekend (1983) - Bernard Osterman
- Call to Glory (1984) - Col. Raynor Sarnac
- The Killing Fields (1984) - Major Reeves, Military Attache
- Poltergeist II: The Other Side (1986) - Steve Freeling
- Red Riding Hood (1989) - double role of the evil Sir Godfrey and his good twin brother Percival
- Action Jackson (1988) - Peter Dellaplane
- Born on the Fourth of July (1989) - Marine officer
- Coach (TV) (1989–1997) Coach Hayden Fox
- Turner & Hooch (1989) - Chief Howard Hyde
- Troop Beverly Hills (1989) - Fred Nefler
- The Josephine Baker Story (1991) - Walter Winchell
- Fire Next Time (1993) - Fisherman, Drew Morgan - Environmental/Ecological Drama
- Ride with the Wind, (1994) - Frank Shelby, Motorcyclyst
- Ghosts of Mississippi (1996) - Ed Peters, District Attorney
- I'm Not Rappaport (1996) - The Cowboy
- Devil's Advocate (1997) - Alexander Cullen
- Wag The Dog (1997) - Senator John Neal (uncredited)
- Peter Benchley's 'Creature"(1998) - Scientist
- Family Guy (1999) - Himself
- The Skulls (2000) - Litten Mandrake
- Dirty Pictures (2000) - Simon Leis
- The District (TV) (2000–2004) - Chief Jack Mannion
- The Incredibles (2004) - Bob Parr/Mr. Incredible
- The Family Stone (2005) - Kelly Stone
- Blades of Glory (2007) - Coach
- My Name is Earl (TV) (2007) - Warden
- The Proposal (2009) - Joe Paxton
- CSI: NY (TV) (2008–2009) - Robert Dunbrook
- Monk (TV) (2009) - Judge Ethan Rickover
- Parenthood (TV) (2010–present) - Zeek
- The Company Men (2010)
- Soul Surfer (2011) - Dr. Rovinsky
- ^ Knutzen, Eirik (2000-10-01). "CRAIG T. NELSON IS D.C.'S TOP COP". Morning Call. http://sjol.com/articles/?articleID=1807. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- ^ http://www.lidarheim.com/craig.htm
- ^ Craig T. Nelson - Biography
- ^ http://www.tvguide.com/News/Craig-Nelson-Guest-1000515.aspx Craig T. Nelson to Guest on CSI: NY" TV Guide. December 3, 2008. Retrieved on December 5, 2008.
- ^ Huffington Post article: "Glenn Beck And Craig T. Nelson Talk About Not Paying Taxes Ever Again, For Some Reason".
- ^ Glenn Beck And Craig T. Nelson Talk About Not Paying Taxes Ever Again, For Some Reason".
Mary Tyler Moore Show (1973) Monica
- Craig T. Nelson at the Internet Movie Database
- Craig T. Nelson at the Internet Broadway Database
- Craig T. Nelson at Internet Off-Broadway Database
Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor – Comedy Series (1976–2000)
Jack Albertson (1976) · Carroll O'Connor (1977) · Carroll O'Connor (1978) · Carroll O'Connor (1979) · Richard Mulligan (1980) · Judd Hirsch (1981) · Alan Alda (1982) · Judd Hirsch (1983) · John Ritter (1984) · Robert Guillaume (1985) · Michael J. Fox (1986) · Michael J. Fox (1987) · Michael J. Fox (1988) · Richard Mulligan (1989) · Ted Danson (1990) · Burt Reynolds (1991) · Craig T. Nelson (1992) · Ted Danson (1993) · Kelsey Grammer (1994) · Kelsey Grammer (1995) · John Lithgow (1996) · John Lithgow (1997) · Kelsey Grammer (1998) · John Lithgow (1999) · Michael J. Fox (2000)
Complete List · (1950–1975) · (1976–2000) · (2001–2025)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Craig T. Nelson — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Craig T. Nelson Craig T. Nelson en 2004 Nombre real Craig Richard Nelson Nacimiento … Wikipedia Español
Craig T. Nelson — (2009) Craig T. Nelson (2004) … Deutsch Wikipedia
Craig Richard Nelson — For another actor named Craig Nelson, see Craig T. Nelson. Craig Richard Nelson Nelson at Mountain Con III in 2007. Born September 17, 1947 ( … Wikipedia
Craig T. Nelson — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Nelson. Craig T. Nelson … Wikipédia en Français
Nelson (Familienname) — Nelson ist ein patronymisch gebildeter englischer Familienname mit der Bedeutung „Sohn des Neil“. Bekannte Namensträger Inhaltsverzeichnis A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P … Deutsch Wikipedia
Craig (given name) — For other uses, see Craig. Craig Gender Masculine Language(s) English Origin Language(s) Scottish Gaelic Derivation … Wikipedia
Nelson (surname) — This article is about the surname Nelson. For other uses, see Nelson (disambiguation). Nelson is a family name. Within the United States, it is ranked as the 39th most common surname of 88799 listed. It is in origin a patronymic meaning son of … Wikipedia
Nelson — Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différents sujets et articles partageant un même nom. Nelson peut désigner plusieurs patronymes ou toponymes, ainsi qu un prénom : Sommaire 1 Patronymes 2 … Wikipédia en Français
Craig Wood (golfer) — Craig Wood Personal information Full name Craig Ralph Wood Born November 18, 1901(1901 11 18) Lake Placid, New York … Wikipedia
Craig Stadler — Stadler at the 2009 JELD WEN Tradition. Personal information Full name Craig Robert Stadler … Wikipedia