- Christmas Crackers (Only Fools and Horses)
Only Fools and Horses episode "Christmas Crackers" Series Christmas Special Writer John Sullivan Director Bernard Thompson Producer Bernard Thompson Duration 35 minutes
- 33:35 (DVD)
- 33:34 (iTunes)
Airdate 28 December 1981 Audience 7.5 million
It's Christmas in Peckham, and Grandad is cooking the dinner while Rodney is reading the "Dark Arts" book, which Mickey Pearce gave him. Del returns and gives Grandad money for Christmas, and Grandad annoys Del by saying "I never got you nuthin, as I don't believe in it". Rodney is worried about Grandad's cooking, and suggests to Del going on Hunger Strike, but Del refuses, saying that it is Grandad's role to cook the dinner, it makes him feel although he is needed in the family.
That night, Del Boy, Rodney and Grandad have dinner, a turkey, which they believe to be fairly cooked, that is until it is revealed Grandad forgot to take the giblets out. Christmas Pudding is no better, as Grandad burns it, Del and Rodders decide that dinner is over.
With Del asleep on the sofa, Rodney is watching television when he tells Del he hates the Circus. Del awakens, and Rodney asks him if he wants to go to the local Monte Carlo Club in Newcross. They argue and Rodney falls out with him, and Del explains to him that Grandad would be hurt if they left. However, Grandad comes in and announces he is going out, as he is sick of the Brothers fighting. With this, they head out.
Later at the nightclub, Rodney spots two woman, one of whom he fancies. He reads his book before he goes, to which Del teases him, and Rodney ignores him and goes. Del embarrasses him by shouting at him halfway across the dancefloor, and Rodney gets annoyed with Del's embarrassment towards him. Rodney and Del eventually go to talk to the woman, but find that two guys have already beat them to it and the woman dance with them, much to Del and Rodder's horror.
Actor Role David Jason Del Boy Nicholas Lyndhurst Rodney Lennard Pearce Grandad Desmond McNamara Earl Nora Connolly Anita
- This was the sole episode of Only Fools and Horses between 1981 and 1987 not to be produced by Ray Butt, who after the first series of the show, was re-assigned to Seconds Out by the BBC. The initial plan was for Martin Shardlow, who had directed the first series, to also take on the producer's role for this episode and the second full series. However, Shardlow and John Sullivan could not agree on a future direction for the show, which eventually resulted in Shardlow deciding not to take the producer's role and leaving the show altogether. With this episode in danger of not being filmed in time for Christmas 1981, Ray Butt arranged for his close friend and fellow BBC producer Bernard Thompson to produce and direct the episode, and Butt would subsequently return as producer (and this time director) for the second series.
- Brotherhood Of Man : Three Times A Lady
- Cliff Richard : "Daddy's Home"
- Cliff Richard : Shakin' All Over
- Tom Tom Club : Wordy Rappinghood
- The Waitresses : Christmas Wrapping
- Brotherhood Of Man : Bright Eyes
- ^ Only Fools and Horses: The Bible of Peckham Volume One, BBC Books
The Russians Are Coming
Only Fools and Horses
28 December 1981
The Long Legs of the Law
1980s 1990s 2000s
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Only Fools and Horses — Title screen Genre Sitcom Created by John Sullivan … Wikipedia
Only Fools and Horses DVDs — have been sold in Regions 1, 2 and 4. Only Fools and Horses started in 1981 and ended in 2003. 64 episodes were broadcast in total. Six shorts were made, four of which were broadcast commercially but none of them have been released on official… … Wikipedia
Modern Men (Only Fools and Horses) — Only Fools and Horses episode Modern Men Series Christmas Special Writer John Sullivan Director Tony Dow Producer Gareth Gwenlan Duration 60 minutes 58:29 (DVD) 58:34 (iTunes) … Wikipedia
Mother Nature's Son (Only Fools and Horses) — Only Fools and Horses episode Mother Nature s Son Series Christmas Special Writer John Sullivan … Wikipedia
Comic Relief special (Only Fools and Horses) — Only Fools and Horses episode Comic Relief special Series Special edition Writer John Sullivan Director Producer Duration 6mins and 30seconds Airdate 14 … Wikipedia
Dates (Only Fools and Horses) — Only Fools and Horses episode Dates Series Christmas Special Writer John Sullivan Director Tony Dow Producer Gareth Gwenlan Duration 80 minutes 1:19:47 (DVD) 1:19:53 (iTunes) … Wikipedia
The Only Fools and Horses DVD Collection — The Only Fools DVD Collection Editor Laura Eagleton Hillary Steadman Staff writers Anna Moore Rachel Nash Lucy Hatherall Liz Holland Jen Banks Richard Mead Sarah Ellis Categories Television Frequency Fortnightly Company … Wikipedia
Christmas cracker — This article is about the holiday item. For the episode of Only Fools and Horses, see Christmas Crackers (Only Fools and Horses). For the animated short, see Christmas Cracker (film). Two Christmas crackers Christmas crackers or bon bons are an… … Wikipedia
Christmas by medium — Christmas themes have long been an inspiration to artists, writers, and weavers of folklore.[neutrality is disputed]Moviemakers have picked up on this wealth of material, with both adaptations of literary classics and new stories. Contents 1… … Wikipedia
List of Christmas television specials — The following is a list of Christmas television episodes=Examples of American Christmas television= * Amahl and the Night Visitors (1951) * The Bell Telephone Hour Christmas specials (1959 1968) * ChalkZone: When Santas Collide (2004) * George… … Wikipedia