List of North American natural gas pipelines
This is a list of pipelines used to transport
natural gasin the United States and Canada. The interstate pipelines are regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission(FERC) [ [http://www.ferc.gov/industries/gas/gen-info/fastr/htmlall/index.asp Ferc: Gas - Fastr ] ] in the US and the National Energy Board in Canada. [http://www.neb-one.gc.ca/index_e.htm] Intrastate pipelines are regulated by state, provincial or local jurisdictions.
United States interstate pipelines
FERC requires most interstate pipelines to maintain an interactive web site with standardized information regarding their operations under a heading of "Informational Postings." [ 18 C.F.R. 284.12] The exact legal name of each company appears below. Many of these companies are wholly owned subsidiaries of larger publicly-traded companies.
Major interstate pipelines
* Alliance Pipeline L.P.
ANR PipelineCompany — formerly Michican Wisconsin
CenterPoint Energy Gas TransmissionCompany
* Centerpoint Energy - Mississippi River — formerly,
Mississippi River Transmission
* Colorado Interstate Gas Company
Columbia Gas TransmissionCorporation
Columbia Gulf TransmissionCompany
Dominion Transmission, Inc. — formerly Consolidated Gas Transmission
* East Tennessee Natural Gas Company
El Paso Natural GasCompany
Florida Gas TransmissionCompany
Gas Transmission NorthwestCorporation [http://www.gastransmissionnw.com/aboutus/company_facts.html] — formerly Pacific Gas Transmission
* Great Lakes Gas Transmission Limited Partnership
* Gulf South Pipeline Company L P — formerly, United Gas Pipeline Company
* Kinder Morgan Interstate Gas Transmission LLC — owned by
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, formerly Kansas Nebraska and KN Energy
* Kern River Gas Transmission Company
* Maritimes & Northeast Pipeline, L.L.C. [http://www.mnp-usa.com/]
Midwestern Gas TransmissionCompany *
* National Fuel Gas Supply Corporation [http://www.nationalfuelgas.com/Supply/default.htm]
* Natural Gas Pipeline Company Of America
Northern Border PipelineCompany
* Northern Natural Gas Company
Panhandle EasternPipe Line Company, LP
* Questar Pipeline Company
Rockies Express Pipeline
* Questar Southern Trails Pipeline Company
Southern Natural Gas Company
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline, Inc[http://www.sscgp.com/]
Tennessee Gas PipelineCompany
* Texas Eastern Transmission, L P [http://www.duke-energy.com/companies/degt/us/facilities/texas%5Feastern/]
* Texas Gas Pipe Line Corporation
Texas Gas Transmission, LLC [http://www.txgt.com/]
* Texas-Ohio Pipeline, Inc.
* Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line Corporation
Transwestern PipelineCompany, LLC
* Trunkline Gas Company, LLC
Viking Gas TransmissionCompany
* Williston Basin Interstate Pipeline Co.
Minor interstate pipelines
* ANR Storage Company
* Arkansas Western Pipeline, L. L. C
* Black Marlin Pipeline Company
* Blue Dolphin Pipe Line Company
* Blue Lake Gas Storage Company
* Boundary Gas, Incorporated
* B-R Pipeline Company
* Canyon Creek Compression Company
* Caprock Pipeline Company
* Central Kentucky Transmission Company
* Central New York Oil And Gas Company, LLC
* Chandeleur Pipe Line Company
* [http://www.elpaso.com/cheyenne/default.asp Cheyenne Plains Gas Pipeline Company, L.L.C.]
* [http://cottonvalleycompression.com/ Cotton Valley Compression LLC]
* Clear Creek Storage Company, LLC
* [http://www.crossroadspipeline.com/ Crossroads Pipeline Company]
* Discovery Gas Transmission LLC
* Dauphin Island Gathering Partners
* Destin Pipeline Company, L.L.C.
* Distrigas Corporation
* Dominion South Pipeline Co., LP
* Eastern Shore Natural Gas Company
* Egan Hub Storage, LLC
* Enbridge Pipelines (Alatenn) L.L.C. (formerly, Alabama-Tennessee)
* Enbridge Pipelines (Midla) L.L.C. (formerly, Mid-Louisiana)
* Enbridge Pipelines (Kpc)
* Equitrans, L. P.
* [http://www.ewst.com/ Energy West Development, Inc.]
* Freebird Gas Storage, L.L.C.
* Garden Banks Gas Pipeline, LLC
* Gas Gathering Corporation
* Gasdel Pipeline System, Inc.
* Gulf States Transmission Corporation
* Great Lakes Gas Transport, L.L.C.
* Guardian Pipeline, L.L.C.
* Granite State Gas Transmission, Inc.
* Honeoye Storage Corporation
* Horizon Pipeline Company, L.L.C.
* Iroquois Gas Transmission System, L.P.
* The Inland Gas Company
* Centra Pipelines Minnesota Inc.
* Jupiter Energy Corporation
* Kentucky West Virginia Gas Company
* Louisiana-Nevada Transit Company
* Markwest New Mexico L.P. (Pinnacle)
* Millennium Pipeline Company, L.P.
* MIGC, Inc.
* Michigan Consolidated Gas Company
* Michigan Gas Storage Company
* Midwest Gas Storage, Inc.
* Mississippi Canyon Gas Pipeline, LLC
* Missouri Interstate Gas, LLC
* Mobile Bay Pipeline Company
* Ngo Transmission, Inc.
* Nora Transmission Company
* Norteño Pipeline Company
North Baja Pipeline, LLC
* North Penn Gas Company
* Oktex Pipeline Company
* Overthrust Pipeline Company
* Ozark Gas Transmission, L. L. C.
* Penn-York Energy Corporation
* Gas Transmission Northwest Corp.
* Pacific Interstate Transmission Company
* Paiute Pipeline Company
* Petal Gas Storage, L. L. C.
* Pine Needle LNG Company, LLC (peak shaving storage — not an import terminal)
* Portland Natural Gas Transmission System
Puget Sound Energy, Inc.
* Richfield Gas Storage System
* Riverside Pipeline Company, L. P.
* Sabine Pipe Line Company LLC
* Saltville Gas Storage Company L.L.C.
* SCG Pipeline Inc. — merger pending with South Carolina Pipeline Corp
Sea Robin Pipeline Company, LLC
* Southwest Gas Storage Company
* Steuben Gas Storage Company
* T C P Gathering Co.
* Total Peaking Services, L. L. C.
* Tuscarora Gas Transmission Company
* Trans-Union Interstate Pipeline, L.P.
* TransColorado Gas Transmission Company
* Vector Pipeline L.P.
* Venice Gathering System, L. L. C.
* Washington Natural Gas Company
* West Texas Gas, Inc.
* Western Gas Interstate Company
* Western Transmission Corporation
* Westgas Interstate, Inc.
* Young Gas Storage Company, Ltd.
* Wyoming Interstate Company, Ltd.
Portland General ElectricCompany
* Nornew Energy Supply, Inc.
* Phillips Gas Pipeline Company
* U S G Pipeline Company
Predominantly Offshore Pipelines
* [http://www.blackmarlin.williamsenergy.com/ Black Marlin Pipeline Co.]
* [http://www.chandeleur.com/ Chandeleur Pipeline Co.]
* [http://www.destinpipeline.com Destin Pipeline Co., LLC]
* [http://gmsreg.defs.com/DIGPIP/index.htm Dauphin Island Gathering Partners]
* [http://www.discovery.williamsenergy.com/ Discovery Gas Transmission LLC]
* [http://www.enbridge.com/ Enbridge Pipelines (UTOS) LLC]
* [http://www.offshore-gt.com/gbanks/index.htm Garden Banks Gas Pipeline, LLC]
* Gulfstream Natural Gas System, L.L.C.
* High Island Offshore System, LLC [http://www.epplp.com/bs_op_ongp.html]
* [http://www.offshore-gt.com/misscan/index.htm Mississippi Gas Canyon Pipeline, LLC]
* [http://www.offshore-gt.com/nautilus/index.htm Nautilus Pipeline Co., LLC]
* [http://www.panthercompanies.com/panther_html/panther_interstate.htm Panther Interstate Pipeline Energy, LLC]
* Pacific Interstate Offshore Company
* Pacific Offshore Pipeline Company
Sea Robin Pipeline Co.
* Shell Offshore, Inc.
* [http://www.offshore-gt.com/stingray/index.htm Stingray Pipeline Co., LLC]
* [http://www.venicegathering.com Venice Gathering System, LLC]
LNG Importation/Export Terminals
* Distrigas Of Massachusetts LLC
Dominion Cove Point LNG, LP
Gulf Gateway Deepwater Port[http://www.excelerateenergy.com/gulf_gateway.php]
* Keyspan LNG, LP (Alng)
* [http://www.ferc.gov/industries/gas/indus-act/angtp/doe1473.pdf Phillips Alaska Natural Gas Corporation and Marathon Oil Company]
Southern LNG Inc.
* Trunkline LNG Company, LLC
Although these pipelines flow gas in interstate commerce, they are subject to state regulation. [15 U.S.C. § 717(c)]
Atlanta Gas Light Company
* Cobra Pipeline Company, Ltd [FERC Docket CP06-438]
East Ohio Gas Company
* Empire State Pipeline
* Michigan Consolidated Gas Company [FERC Docket CP80-340]
* Nornew Energy Supply, Inc [FERC Docket CP06-393]
Northern Illinois Gas Company(Nicor Gas)
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
* Alliance Pipeline Limited Partnership
* Foothills Pipeline Ltd.
Maritimes & Northeast Pipeline[http://www.mnpp.com/canada/index.html]
* TransCanada PipeLines, LP
* TransQuebec & Maritimes Pipeline
* Sable Offshore Energy Inc. (SOEI)
* WestCoast Energy Inc.
* [http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/natural_gas/feature_articles/2006/ngpipeline/ngpipeline.pdf DOE Report on Additions to Capacity on the U.S. Natural Gas Pipeline Network: 2005]
Cleveland East Ohio Gas Explosion
Texas Eastern Transmission Corporation Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion and Fire
Plains All American Pipeline- U.S. oil pipeline transmission and storage business
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Natural gas storage — Natural gas, like many other commodities, can be stored for an indefinite period of time in natural gas storage facilities for later consumption. Contents 1 Usage 2 Measures and definitions 3 Types 3.1 … Wikipedia
Natural gas prices — at the Henry Hub in US Dollars per MBtu for the 2000 2010 decade. Natural gas prices, as with other commodity prices, are mainly driven by supply and demand fundamentals. However, natural gas prices may also be linked to the price of crude oil… … Wikipedia
Natural gas vehicle — NGV redirects here. For the art gallery in Melbourne, Australia, see National Gallery of Victoria. Fueling (Fiat Multipla) … Wikipedia
Gas Transmission Northwest — is a natural gas pipeline that brings gas from western Canada through Washington and Oregon into California, connecting to the Pacific Gas and Electric system. Prior to being purchased by TransCanada Corporation, it was named Pacific Gas… … Wikipedia
North Baja Pipeline — The North Baja Pipeline is an overall 220 mile (350 km), bidirectional natural gas pipeline that can deliver gas from Arizona, through California, and into Mexico or from Mexico into the United States. The 80 mile (130 km) U.S. portion… … Wikipedia
List of pipeline accidents — The following is a list of pipeline accidents: This is an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it with reliably sourced entries. Contents 1 Bel … Wikipedia
List of Chinese inventions — A bronze Chinese crossbow mechanism with a buttplate (the wooden components have … Wikipedia
List of companies in the nuclear sector — Here is a list of all large companies which are active along the nuclear chain, from uranium mining, processing and enrichment, to the actual operating of nuclear power plant and waste processing. Company name Country of origin Category Brief… … Wikipedia
List of company name etymologies — This is a list of company names with their name origins explained. Some origins are disputed. NOTOC #*20th Century Fox – Film studio; formed in 1935 through the merger of William Fox s Fox Film, and Twentieth Century Pictures. [… … Wikipedia
Natural environment — This article is about the environment. For other uses, see Environment (disambiguation). See also: Nature Land management policies have been developed to preserve the natural characteristics of Hopetoun Falls, Australia while allowing ample… … Wikipedia