- In theoretical physics, the term minimal model usually refers to a special class of conformal field theories that generalize the Ising model, or to some closely related representations of the Virasoro algebra. It is a simple CFT model with finite primary fields and hence is completely solvable.
- In birational geometry, a minimal model of an algebraic variety is one for which the canonical line bundle is numerically effective, in particular as much has been blown-down as possible. It can also mean the Néron minimal model of an abelian variety or elliptic curve.
- In algebraic topology, the (Sullivan) minimal model of a differential graded algebra is used in rational homotopy theory.
- In endocrinology and diabetology, the term minimal model denotes a mathematical model of metabolic control of glucose homeostasis via insulin.
- In set theory, the minimal model of ZFC is part of the Constructible universe.
This disambiguation page lists mathematics articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Minimal model (set theory) — In set theory, a minimal model is a minimal standard model of ZFC. Minimal models were introduced by (Shepherdson 1951, 1952, 1953). The existence of a minimal model cannot be proved in ZFC, even assuming that ZFC is consistent, but follows… … Wikipedia
Minimal model program — In algebraic geometry, the minimal model program is part of the birational classification of algebraic varieties. Its goal is to construct a birational model of any complex projective variety which is as simple as possible. The subject has its… … Wikipedia
Minimal model (birational geometry) — In algebraic geometry, more specifically in the field of birational geometry, the theory of minimal models is part of the birational classification of algebraic varieties. Its goal is to construct, given a variety satisying certain restrictions,… … Wikipedia
Minimal surface — For minimal surfaces in algebraic geometry see Minimal model (birational geometry). Verrill Minimal Surface … Wikipedia
Minimal logic — Minimal logic, or minimal calculus, is a symbolic logic system originally developed by Ingebrigt Johansson. It is a variant of intuitionistic logic that rejects not only the classical law of excluded middle (as intuitionistic logic does), but… … Wikipedia
Model robot — Model robots is an area of modeling with its origin in the Japanese anime genre of mecha. The majority of model robots are produced by Bandai and are based on the Mobile Suit Gundam anime metaseries. This has given rise to the hobby s common name … Wikipedia
Model horse showing — is a hobby built around the collection of scale model horses, with equal focus on honoring the (live) horse show industry as well as the artistic merit of the miniatures. Contents 1 Classes Divisions 1.1 Halter Division 1.2 Collectibility… … Wikipedia
Minimal Supersymmetric Standard Model — Beyond the Standard Model Standard Model … Wikipedia
Minimal models — In theoretical physics, the minimal models are a very concrete well defined type of rational conformal field theory. The individual minimal models are parameterized by two integers p,q that are moreover related for the unitary minimal models. The … Wikipedia
Model organism — Escherichia coli is a gram negative prokaryotic model organism … Wikipedia