Bibliotheca Hertziana - Max Planck Institute of Art History

The Bibliotheca Hertziana - Max Planck Institute of Art History is located in Rome, Italy. It was founded by a donation of Henriette Hertz in 1913 as a Kaiser Wilhelm Institute. It is one of three institutes, of 80 institutes in the Max Planck Society (Max Planck Gesellschaft), not located in Germany.

Since 1990 the Bibliotheca Hertziana awards every two years the Hanno and Ilse Hahn Prize for outstanding merits in the field of Italian art and architectural history. [http://www.mpg.de/english/aboutTheSociety/aboutUs/scientificAwards/awardsOfMPS/hannoIlseHahnPrize/index.html] The prize is named after the only son and daughter-in-law of the late president of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft Otto Hahn, who were killed in an accident in France in 1960.

External links

* [http://www.biblhertz.it/ Homepage of the Bibliotheca Hertziana - Max Planck Institute of Art History]


Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.


Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.