Living as American Neighbors
Living as American Neighbors is a textbook designed for K-8 levels of American schools. Its primary objective is "to develop responsible citizens who appreciate the American way of life" by comparing and contrasting the history and geography of Canada and the whole of Latin America with the United States [i] .
Prudence Cutrightand Loyal Durand, Jr.
Prudence Cutrightand John Jarolimek
*Publisher: The MacMillan Company, New York
*Locations of use in schools: Seattle School District, starting September 7, 1967
First Edition 1958
An earlier edition was printed with the title Living Together as American Neighbors [iv] .
* Unit 1. Our Neighbors in the Americas;:
1. Our Neighbors North and South;:2. The Lands of the Americas;:3. Explorers and Claims;:4. A Glimpse of the Americas Today
* Unit 2. When Canada was Young;:1. The French in New France;:2. The Growth of New France;:3. Explorers for New France;:4. Life in New France;:5. How the British Took New France;:6. How the British Developed Canada
* Unit 3. Canada, and Independent Nation;:1. How Canada United;:2. How Canada Grew from Sea to Sea;:3. Life in Colonial Canada;:4. How Canada is Governed;:5. How the West Was Settled
* Unit 4. Living in Canada Today;:1. Living in the Atlantic Provinces;:2. Living in Ontario and Quebec;:3. Living in the Prairie Provinces;:4. Living in British Columbia;:5. Canada's Northland
* Unit 5. When Latin America Was Young;:1. Three Great Indian Nations;:2. Spaniards in the Americas;:3. Life in Spanish America;:4. The Portuguese in Brazil
* Unit 6. Latin America Gains Its Freedom;:1. Moving Towards Independence;:2. Independence in Mexico and the Caribbean Area;:3. The Freeing of Northern South America;:4. In Southern South America;:5. How Brazil Gained Independence
* Unit 7. Mexico and the Caribbean Lands;:1. The Republic of Mexico;:2. Central America Today;:3. The West Indies Islands;:4. Northern South America
* Unit 8. The Andean Lands;:
1. The Republic of Ecuador;:2. The Republic of Peru;:3. The Republic of Bolivia;:4. The Republic of Chile
* Unit 9. La Plata Countries;:1. The Republic of Argentina;:2. The Republic of Paraguay;:3. The Republic of Uruguay
* Unit 10. Brazil in Modern Times;:1. Brazil as an Empire;:2. Brazil Today;:3. The Amazon Basin and the Interior;:4. Brazil's Coastal Regions and Southland;:5. Brazil's Problems
* Unit 11. Working Together;:1. The Americas and the World;:2. Working Together in the Americas;:3. Sharing in Other Ways
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
American Beauty (film) — American Beauty Theatrical release poster Directed by Sam Mendes … Wikipedia
Living Things (band) — Living Things Background information Origin St. Louis, Missouri, USA Genres indie r … Wikipedia
American Coot — Note feet and red top of frontal shield Conservation status … Wikipedia
American Dad! (season 4) — American Dad! Season 4 … Wikipedia
Neighbors from Hell — Not to be confused with Neighbours from Hell. Neighbors from Hell Genre Sitcom Format Animated Satire Created by Pam Brady Developed by Mike Redman … Wikipedia
American Civil War — American Civil War … Wikipedia
American Legion — For other uses of American Legion, see American Legion (disambiguation) The American Legion was chartered by the U.S. Congress as a patriotic, mutual help, wartime veterans organization of the United States armed forces who served during a… … Wikipedia
American English — US English redirects here. For the political organization, see U.S. English (organization). For other uses, see American English (disambiguation). English language prevalence in the United States. Darker shades of blue indicate higher… … Wikipedia
American Colonization Society — The three founders of the … Wikipedia
Norwegian American — Norskamerikanere … Wikipedia