Nicole Scherzinger in 2007
Background information Birth name Nicole Prescovia Elikolani Valiente Born Honolulu, Hawaii, United States Genres Pop, R&B Occupations Singer, songwriter, dancer, record producer, model, actress, showgirl Years active 1997–present Labels A&M, Interscope Associated acts Pussycat Dolls (2003–10), Eden's Crush (2001) Website nicolescherzingermusic.com
Previously, Scherzinger was a backing vocalist for the late-1990s rock group Days of the New, then she was part of reality TV girl group Eden's Crush. After the disbandment of the group, she joined the Pussycat Dolls and became the group's lead vocalist during their transition into a career in music. With the Pussycat Dolls, she released two albums PCD and Doll Domination and embarked on several concert tours. After leaving the group in December 2010, Scherzinger began a solo career with the release of her debut studio album Killer Love. The album's second single, "Don't Hold Your Breath" peaked at number one on the UK Singles Chart, in turn marking her first number one hit as a solo artist.
Scherzinger became the winner of the tenth season of Dancing with the Stars in early 2010, and was hailed by judge Carrie Ann Inaba, "by far the best dancer we've ever had on the show." She is a judge on the American version of The X Factor, which premiered in September 2011.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Music career
- 3 Other ventures
- 4 Personal life
- 5 Discography
- 6 Concert tours
- 7 Filmography
- 8 Awards and nominations
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Nicole Scherzinger was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, into a staunchly Catholic family. Her father, Alfonso Valiente, is Filipino, and her mother, Rosemary, is of BengaliBengali descent. Her mother was eighteen at the time of Scherzinger's birth and lived in an inner city neighborhood.
Nicole's parents separated when she was still a baby. When she was six years old, her maternal family moved to Louisville, Kentucky, with her sister, Keala, and her German American stepfather, Gary Scherzinger.
She first attended Bowen Elementary, and later attended Meyzeek Middle School as an adolescent. Scherzinger states that, growing up, her family did not have a lot of money, and she thanks her mother for all the support she gave her to become what she is today. Scherzinger began performing in Louisville, attending the Youth Performing Arts School at duPont Manual High School, and performing with Actors Theatre of Louisville. As a teenager, Scherzinger was the first runner-up at the 1996 Kentucky State Fair's Coca-Cola Talent Classic contest. Scherzinger majored in acting and musical theatre at Wright State University, where she played Velma Kelly in Chicago and Julie La Verne in Show Boat. She put her studies on hold in 1999 to sing backing vocals for the rock band, Days of the New.
2001–02: Career beginnings
In 2001 Scherzinger competed in the premiere season of The WB's television show, Popstars, on which she earned a spot in the all-girl pop group Eden's Crush alongside the other four chosen members Ivette Sosa, Maile Misajon, Ana Maria Lombo and Rosanna Tavarez . Eventually, she became one of the main vocalists for the group. The group's 2001 US single, "Get Over Yourself (Goodbye)", peaked at number one in sales and hit the top ten on Billboard Hot 100. At the time Eden's Crush was touring in support of both *NSync and Jessica Simpson. Scherzinger was approached to be the fourth member of The Black Eyed Peas, but was forced to decline because she was a member of Eden's Crush and was under contract. The position was given, instead, to Fergie. Later, however, Eden's Crush' record company, London-Sire Records, folded and the group eventually disbanded. In November 2007 Scherzinger spoke of her time in Eden's Crush:
It was hell... I was in a band with five other girls and every day was torture for me. We were on TV all the time and the atmosphere was awful... Every day I was in that band I cried my eyes out. The band was meant to be fun and frivolous but the reality was that it was miserable... I was too sensitive back then, but I got toughened up. I couldn't have gone into the Dolls without my experience in Crush.
After the disbanding of Eden's Crush, Scherzinger made a few promotional solo appearances under the stage name of Nicole Kea, including covering "Breakfast in Bed" for the soundtrack to 50 First Dates in 2003. Scherzinger later worked with Yoshiki of Japanese rock band X Japan on his Violet UK project. She sang the English version of "I'll Be Your Love" live with the Tokyo Symphonic Orchestra. The track also appeared on the 2003 Various Artists album Exposition of Global Harmony.
2003–10: The Pussycat Dolls
In May 2003, Scherzinger joined the Pussycat Dolls burlesque troupe, who were being re-cast as recording artists. She had first seen them performing on The Late Show with David Letterman in November 2002, where Carmen Electra sang "Big Spender" from the Bob Fosse musical Sweet Charity. In 2006, Scherzinger said "It caught my eye because I’d played Velma Kelly in [Fosse's] Chicago in college." In one interview she spoke of her role with the Pussycat dolls stating that it was a "challenge fronting the group" but that "every girl has something different to bring and add to the success".
The success of PCD brought Scherzinger into the media spotlight and she went on to record a series of duets/guest vocals with a wide array of male vocalists. In 2005, she appeared on recordings by Shaggy, Vittorio Grigolo and Will Smith. In 2006 she sang co-lead vocals with Avant on his single "Lie About Us", and Diddy's hit "Come to Me" (which she also co-wrote). Other appearances are listed in discography. In the biography section of her official website she says that everyone recognises her from the Pussycat Dolls's debut single "Dont Cha" which although amazing does not fulfill her musical desires. When asked what she intended to achieve with her solo career she commented "Some people only have their glasses half full, but there was never a limit to mine." The purpose of the album was to appeal to younger audiences, show them "the heart of Nicole" and show that she is "not always strong and fearless".
Doubt was cast over the future of the album when the Pussycat Dolls released their second album Doll Domination which featured some of the songs which had initially been recorded for Scherzinger's own album. "Happily Never After" and "Who's Gonna Love You" were placed on the album with no changes whilst additional backing vocals were added to "When I Grow Up" before it was released as the album's lead single. In 2010 during an interview with X magazine she also revealed that "I Hate This Part", a song which became a top-ten hit in Europe for the Pussycat Dolls, was also intended for her own solo album. Christopher "Tricky Stewart" and The-Dream were also working with Scherzinger and produced, wrote and recorded at least two songs for the album. Both of the known recordings, "Punch You In Your Sleep" and "I'm a Cheat" were re-allocated to The-Dream's ex-wife Christina Milian who has recorded them for her fourth studio album Elope due in 2010.
Furthermore it was revealed that Keri Hilson (a writer who has been heavily involved in writing for the Pussycat Dolls) had written a song called "Alienated" for Scherzinger, however when the album was delayed and shelved Hilson reclaimed the song and instead recorded the song with producer Cory Bold for her own debut studio album In a Perfect World... Reviews later went on to give the song critical acclaim for its "electro-blips and whispery raps that are alluring." In September 2009 it was confirmed that the teary ballad, "Just Say Yes" was reclaimed by Gary Lightbody who has since re-tooled and reworked the song. It was released as the lead single from his band, Snow Patrol's compilation album Up to Now, on November 2, 2009. Addressing the delayed release of her solo album, in September 2008 Scherzinger said, "Despite what other people might write, it was my decision, ultimately. I actually put some of my solo songs on the Pussycat Dolls' new album Doll Domination. Everything is all about timing. I believe it will come out next year, and it will be able to coexist wonderfully with the Dolls' album. It's completely separate from what you've heard with "Baby Love" and "Whatever U Like," and I'm still working on it — that's what happens when you're a perfectionist." She was interviewed by Billboard magazine in April 2009 regarding her own career plans as well as what The Dolls were up to. She said "the current incarnation of the album is just in talks and in the writing process. I haven't started recording yet." She plans to enter the studio again after the Pussycat Dolls have finished their World Domination Tour. Speaking about the project Scherzinger said she will be working again with Will.i.am, Timbaland as well as with new associates Lady Gaga and A.R. Rahman. In April 2008, Scherzinger recorded a cover version of "Rio" by Duran Duran for an advertising campaign for Unilever's Caress brand of body wash. A commercial video was released, and the single was released via download only, after May 2008. In 2008, in support of Barack Obama, she was one of many musicians to contribute to a track by will.i.am called "Yes We Can". Also on September 5, 2008, Scherzinger joined an all-star cast to perform the charity song "Just Stand Up" on live TV. The Pussycat Dolls returned to the Music scene on May 27, 2008 with the new single "When I Grow Up" which reached number nine on the U.S. Hot 100 and number one on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play. The song topped several European charts and became a worldwide top ten hit. The follow-up single "Whatcha Think About That" with Missy Elliott failed to enter the U.S. charts but managed to reach top 20 in several other countries including the UK with a limited release.
After a slight delay and with two singles released the album, Doll Domination was finally released as a standard and deluxe edition. The latter featured a disc with a solo song by each of the girls. The album debuted at number four on the Billboard 200, with 79,000 copies sold in its first week beating their debut album by one chart position but selling 20,000 less copies. It only spent seven weeks in the top 100, compared with their debut album which sat in the top 100 for nearly one year. In January 2009 it re-entered the top 100 following several more successful singles. The album in original form spawned two other singles, worldwide top 20 hit "I Hate This Part" and the number-one club song "Bottle Pop" which only received a limited release in the US and Oceania. On January 2009 they embarked their second world tour called Doll Domination Tour to support Doll Domination. Lady Gaga opened for them in Europe and Australia, while Ne-Yo supported the Pussycat Dolls in the UK leg. In mid-2009 they opened for Britney Spears' tour The Circus Starring Britney Spears on the first leg in North America.
In April 2009 Scherzinger confirmed to Billboard that the album would be re-released to give more people a chance to get their music. In Europe the album was re-released with three or four new songs. In Australia a compilation called Doll Domination 2.0 was released with six songs from the original version plus four new songs whereas the UK received a six-song EP called Doll Domination: The Mini Collection released on April 27, 2009 featuring four of the original songs plus a remix and a new song. In August 2009 the album was repackaged once more, this time as Doll Domination 3.0 to include all of the previously released bonus songs on one CD with the original album. Its release was limited to Europe and the UK where the group's singles had all reached top 20. The repackaged versions spawned two more singles: the worldwide number one "Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)" (featured on the soundtrack for Slumdog Millionaire) and euro-pop remix of "Hush Hush" (retitled "Hush Hush; Hush Hush") which reached top 20 internationally. Following Scherzinger's over-emphasis in the release of these two singles there were several emotional outbursts to the media including one by Thornton during one of the group's appearances on tour. Scherzinger performed "America the Beautiful" at WWE's WrestleMania XXV in Houston, Texas at the Reliant Stadium on April 5, 2009. Nicole Scherzinger performed with guitarist Slash on October 2 in Las Vegas.
2006-2008: Solo project
From 2006 until late 2008 Scherzinger had been working on her debut album which was titled Her Name Is Nicole. She recorded/wrote about 75–100 songs for the album which was supposed to be released in 2007 before being pushed to October 16, 2008 and later into 2009 before being shelved. She told MTV "I've always said that in the Pussycat Dolls, I kind of feel like Superwoman. But that's just one of my alter egos. I've got the vulnerable, lovesick side of me amongst others which all appear on my record." The album saw Scherzinger work with a wide roster of producers and song writers some of whom had worked with Scherzinger for albums with the Pussycat Dolls. Sean Garrett and Polow da Don worked on "Whatever U Like" (featuring T.I.) which was released as the album's lead single on July 24, 2007 but deemed unsuccessful reaching just 57 in Canada. "Baby Love" was the second single released on September 10, 2007. Although well received and compared to the Pussycat Dolls' song "Stickwitu" the track did not chart well in the United States. Internationally the single fared well reaching Top 15 in most countries including the UK, and mainland Europe. It was remixed to be included on Doll Domination as a bonus track. The third single "Supervillain" was described as having a "danceable jam with a catchy chorus" and featured a reggae–dancehall interlude. Written by Rock City and produced by Mad Scientist it was only released to US iTunes in November 2007. The song's synthy melodies and disco-motown feel with Scherzinger's 5-octave range were not enough to chart in the US. Fourth single "Puakenikeni" (a type of flower in Hawaii) also released to iTunes in November was produced by Akon to as a tribute to Scherzinger's heritage but failed to chart.
Other songs included the critically acclaimed "Just Say Yes", written by Gary Lightbody (of Snow Patrol) which was a soft and slow song with its pulsing, electronic beat. She told MTV of her excitement to record the song previously rejected by Gwen Stefani. "I'm such a huge fan of Snow Patrol's music, I felt like I was supposed to make it my own. "It's a very honest and truthful song." Ne-Yo gave Scherzinger two songs, "Happily Never After" a slow ballad of which Scherzinger said she felt it "important for young girls to have an empowering message that they deserve better". Interestingly the song was originally written for Britney Spears to record for her album Blackout in 2007. The other song has a tear jerking ballad called "Save Me from Myself" for which Scherzinger helped Ne-Yo in developing the hook before recording the song. When commenting on another song "March" Scherzinger said she wanted a powerful record. "It's about never giving up on your dreams and it’s about what I went through to get where I am today." Timbaland produced and featured on the song "Physical" on which his trademark vocals can be heard over the upbeat melody and thumping baseline. Part of the song was used in the film Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer(which she made a short cameo in). The album sessions also produced a number of other songs including "When Your Falling" (also co-written by Akon) "Power's Out" a riveting duet with English singer Sting (featured in Revlon adverts with Jessica Alba) and "I M.I.S.S You" written by Pharrell Williams & produced by The Neptunes.
2010–present: Killer Love
Scherzinger confirmed that she has done one song with Slash for his solo album Slash released in April 2010. On February 1, 2010 along with other artists Scherzinger had re-recorded "We Are the World", a charity single for the victims of the 2010 Haiti earthquake. The song debuted during NBC's coverage of the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics. It was released as a single on iTunes on February 12, 2010 accompanied by the music video.
Then in August 2010 Swedish-Moroccan electropop producer RedOne was interviewed by the BBC. In the interview he revealed he had been working on Scherzinger's album. "I just finished her album. Her last one never came out because it was collecting hamburgers, like fast food. One from McDonald's, one from Burger King, and so on. It tasted good, but it wasn't consistent. Her new record – people are really going to go crazy about it because it's the real her." Scherzinger confirmed these reports in a September 2010 interview with X magazine. In reference to Her Name is Nicole she said "It was actually my decision not to put it out, not the label's". Then she said "I've been working with RedOne, which is an honour. He's an unbelievable producer and musician. He had made some amazing songs with Lady Gaga. Now, there is someone with the 'x factor'. I can't touch GaGa or RedOne in that space, but I know that we've created something unique of our own." Scherzinger's new single, "Poison", premiered on her official website and YouTube account on October 14, 2010. It is due for release on November 29, 2010. A picture from the video shoot was revealed by MTV, showing Scherzinger dressed provocatively. "Poison" serves as the first single from the album and peaked at number three on the UK Singles Chart becoming Scherzinger's most successful single, until her #1 hit with "Don't Hold Your Breath" in Spring of 2011.
On November 18, 2010, she joined Prince on-stage during his concert in Abu Dhabi. While working with RedOne she has also recorded vocals for songs which will be included on Mohombi's debut album. Mohombi is the first signee to RedOne's record label. Scherzinger appeared at the Jingle Bell Ball at London's O2 Arena on December 4, 2010. The second single, "Don't Hold Your Breath", was released on March 13, 2011 and preceded the album, Killer Love, which was released March 21, 2011. The song debuted at #1 on the UK Singles Chart. "Right There" impacted UK radio in April 2011 as the third single in the United Kingdom. For it's release in the US, it was remixed to feature two new verses from American rapper 50 Cent, it serves as her first American lead single from her debut album, "Killer Love". "Right There" was released as a digital download in the US on May 17, 2011 and sent to US mainstream radio on May 24, 2011. On June 12, Sherzinger performed at Capital FM's Summertime Ball at Wembley Stadium in London.
On August 16, 2011, Scherzinger released "Don't Hold Your Breath" in the United States as her second US single. The singles,"Right There (feat. 50 Cent)" & "Don't Hold Your Breath" will precede her debut album, "Killer Love" which is set to be released in the US on December 6, 2011. Scherzinger also released a music video for "Wet", which was released as a single in the UK in August 2011. On November 14, 2011, Killer Love will be re-released in Europe. In October 2011, Scherzinger released a new song titled "Try With Me", it is the lead single from the European re-release. The music video for "Try with Me" premiered on 18 October 2011 on MSN.
Scherzinger has made minor appearances as an actress. She appeared in the TV comedy, Half & Half, My Wife and Kids and the 2003 film, Love Don't Cost a Thing. She also had a role in 2001 as one of the "Pop Stars" in the episode, "Finally!", of the show Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, in Wanda at Large, Chasing Papi, Be Cool and Cane. Scherzinger was intended to be cast in one of the lead roles in the upcoming movie with the Filipino Boxing Champion, Manny Pacquiao, together with professional wrestler, Dave Batista. She was about to play the leading lady of the Filipino Champ, but her audition was cancelled and the role went to the Filipina actress, Ruffa Mae Quinto. She also made an appearance in the Nickelodeon show, Big Time Rush, as herself. In 2010 Scherzinger appeared in the How I Met Your Mother episode "Glitter", as Robin Scherbatsky's former best friend, Jessica Glitter. She has also recorded a version of "GoldenEye" — the theme song of the 1995 Bond film GoldenEye — for the 2010 video game GoldenEye 007. Scherzinger is currently slated to play Lilly in the upcoming film Men in Black III, to be released May 25, 2012.
In 2006 she made a "Bench Body" brand underwear commercial in the Philippines, and in October 2008 she promoted Clear Shampoo and Conditioner. Both commercials were reportedly aired throughout Southeast Asia. She appeared in a Nike shoe commercial with basketball player LeBron James. In 2010 she made a commercial for the C&A campaign. She appeared on the covers of numerous Cosmopolitan editions (British, Bulgarian, Croatian, Estonian, Italian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mexican, Mongolian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish and others). Scherzinger frequently has appeared in FHM Magazine's 100 Sexiest Women poll, ranking #49 in 2006, #22 in 2007, #49 in 2008, #60 in 2009, and #73 in 2010. In 2011 she jumped 64 places to rank #9.
The Sing Off
In December 2009 Scherzinger served as a celebrity judge on NBC's reality singing competition, The Sing-Off, along with singer-songwriter Ben Folds and Boyz II Men bandmember Shawn Stockman. The show was hosted by singer Nick Lachey. Scherzinger's role was to critique performances of the competitors and vote on eliminations in all but the final round, which was determined by audience vote. In the show finale, Scherzinger performed "You Don't Own Me" with competition finalists the Beelzebubs of Tufts University. She returned to her role as judge for a second season of The Sing-Off in December 2010.
Dancing with the Stars
On March 1, 2010, it was announced that Scherzinger would be a celebrity contestant on Dancing with the Stars for the tenth season and would be partnered with Season 7 champion Derek Hough. On May 25, 2010 Nicole won Dancing with the Stars season 10. On June 4, 2010, it was announced that Nicole would take on the role of Maureen in the Hollywood Bowl production of the rock musical Rent, directed by Neil Patrick Harris. She played the role from August 6–8, 2010.
X Factor (UK)
On July 1, 2010, MTV reported the media mogul, Simon Cowell, had hired Scherzinger as a guest judge for season seven of the UK reality TV series The X Factor after regular judge, Dannii Minogue, went on maternity leave. According to The Daily Mail she is one of several celebrities being considered for a role on the U.S. version of The X Factor, and so the role on the UK version served as an important screen test and opportunity to impress the producers. Following praise from the show's producers, Scherzinger was asked to return as a guest judge after it was discovered that Cole had contracted malaria and was unable to film the 'bootcamp' stages of the competition. Fellow judge and permanent panel member Louis Walsh praised Scherzinger, saying "My favourite though was Nicole who I had never met before. This girl has the X Factor in every way. She just got it, was incredibly impressive and ticked every box." The host of the show, Dermot O'Leary, also praised Scherzinger, saying she was his favourite guest judge. "She was brilliant, tailor-made for it and hilarious too. We were all stunned by her beauty." Scherzinger left her mark on the competition after she persuaded producers to change the ages of the judging categories. An X Factor spokesman told the media that "At Nicole's suggestion, and agreed by Simon and Louis, the boys' and girls' category age limit has been increased to 28. The judges believe this will strengthen the competition and talent." Additionally, it was reported that Scherzinger would be asked to help Cowell or Walsh during the "judges' houses" stages of the competition where each judge is given a category of acts to mentor and then, with the help of other celebrities and musicians, they choose three acts to take through the live finals.
X Factor (US)
On May 5, 2011, Scherzinger was announced as one of two co-hosts of the first season of the American version of Simon Cowell's The X Factor alongside Steve Jones, set to premiere on FOX in September 2011. On June 6, 2011, a Fox press release announced Scherzinger would replace Cheryl Cole, whose contract Fox had terminated, following the third show. Scherzinger will serve as judge alongside Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid, leaving Jones to host by himself. The show premiered on Fox on September 21, 2011.
Scherzinger considers herself to be a devout Catholic. After a three-year relationship and engagement to 311 singer, Nick Hexum, as well as a brief relationship with reality TV star, Talan Torriero, Scherzinger began dating 2008 Formula One World Champion, Lewis Hamilton in 2008. It was reported on Friday 21 October 2011, that the couple had split.
Over the past five years Scherzinger has been ranked in Maxim's Hot 100 at 22 and 21 in 2006 and 2007 respectively. In 2008 she ranked at number 19 along with the Pussycat Dolls. In 2009 she ranked at number 49 and in 2010 at number 24.
- Killer Love (2011)
- Trust Me I Lie Tour (2012)
Year Title Role Notes 2001 Popstars Herself Contestant, Season 1 2003 Half & Half Jasmine My Wife & Kids Veronica The Kyles Go to Hawaii: Part 1,2 2008 Gossip Girl Performer (with The Pussycat Dolls) uncredited 2009–2010 The Sing-Off Judge Seasons 1–2; 9 episodes 2010 Dancing with the Stars Herself Contestant & Winner How I Met Your Mother Jessica Glitter 1 episode, "Glitter", The X Factor (UK) Herself Guest Judge, 3 episodes 2011 Danse avec les stars Guest Season 1 Final of Dancing with the Stars (France) Big Time Rush Herself 2 Episodes The X Factor (US) Herself Judge, Season 1 – Present (2011–Present)
Year Title Role Notes 2003 Love Don't Cost a Thing Champagne Girl (uncredited) Chasing Papi Miss Puerto Rico Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle Dancer (with the The Pussycat Dolls) 2005 Be Cool Herself (with the The Pussycat Dolls) 2007 Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer Performer 2012 Men in Black III Lily Post-production
Awards and nominations
Year Nominated work Event Award Result 2010 Nicole Scherzinger Virgin Media Music Awards Hottest Female Nominated 2011 Nicole Scherzinger Italian TRL Awards Best Look Nominated
- ^ Nicole Scherzinger's entry on the Singers of Filipino Heritage Page (See "Biography" section) Accessed 1-17-2010.
- ^ Andrew Williams (November 5, 2007). "60 Seconds: Nicole Scherzinger". metro.co.uk. http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/interviews/74435-60-seconds-nicole-scherzinger. Retrieved December 25, 2010.
- ^ Apar, Corey. "Nicole Scherzinger > Biography". Allmusic.Macrovision. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p485251. Retrieved June 14, 2010.
- ^ a b Copsey, Robert (March 2, 2010). "Nicole Scherzinger Unveils Album Details". Digital Spy (Hachette Fillapaachi Medias). http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a306680/nicole-scherzinger-unveils-album-details.html. Retrieved date=2010-03-02.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger's family hate her raunchy stage outfits". Saturday Post Online. December 08, 2010. http://www.postzambia.com/post-read_article.php?articleId=16501. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger of The Pussycat Dolls Tells PR.com, “I Would Challenge Anyone to a Sing-Off,” ... and Other Musings from the Road". PR.com. April 22, 2009. http://www.pr.com/article/1123. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger interview (Chelsea lately)". Dailymotion.com. 2008-02-20. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4fqga_nicole-scherzinger-interview-chelse_music/. Retrieved 2011-11-19.
- ^ Smith, Neil (November 12, 2007). "Talking Shop: Nicole Scherzinger". BBC News. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7073774.stm. Retrieved July 14, 2007. In an interview, Scherzinger said: "I’m Filipino-Russian-Hawaiian, but people think I’m from Pakistan".
- ^ "‘People think I’m from Pakistan’". Asian News Network. October 6, 2009. http://www.asianewsnet.net/news.php?id=6213&sec=8. Retrieved January 7, 2010.
- ^ Sam-Daliri, Nadia (May 18, 2010). "Groovy baby! Nicole Scherzinger in Powers-ful show". The Sun (London: News Group Newspapers). http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2977828/Groovy-baby-Nicole-Scherzinger-in-Powers-ful-show.html. Retrieved June 14, 2010.
- ^ J. Ko, Nalea (March 22, 2010). "Nicole Scherzinger: Dancing With Two Indian Feet". Pacific Citizen. http://www.pacificcitizen.org/site/details/tabid/55/selectmoduleid/373/ArticleID/561/reftab/0/Default.aspx?title=Nicole_Scherzinger:_Dancing_With_Two_Hawaiian_Feet. Retrieved October 30, 2010. [dead link]
- ^ a b Bridge, Sarah (November 27, 2007accessdate=2010-01-07). "Stray Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger goes solo". Daily Mail (London: Associated Newspapers). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/live/live.html?in_article_id=492661&in_page_id=1889.
- ^ a b c d Harvey, Oliver (August 29, 2008). "Pussycat Dolls Nicole She says she's 'only a 5 out of 10 for looks'". The Sun (London: News Group Newspapers). http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article1626064.ece. Retrieved August 30, 2008.
- ^ a b Harrington, Richard (May 6, 2006). "Pussycat Dolls jump from Strip to charts". The Columbus Dispatch (John F. Wolfe). http://www.dispatch.com/live/contentbe/dispatch/2006/05/02/20060502-F3-01.html. Retrieved June 15, 2010. [dead link]
- ^ DX Staff (March 21, 2008). "Days Of The New Singer Reveals Past On Nicole Scherzinger". HipHopDX.comm. http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.6599/title.days-of-the-new-singer-reveals-past-on-nicole-scherzinger. Retrieved August 17, 2009.
- ^ D'Angelo, Joe (July 1, 2001). "Jessica Simpson Plans Trek With Eden's Crush, Youngstown". MTV. MTV Networks. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1445057/20010710/simpson_jessica.jhtml. Retrieved November 12, 2010.
- ^ "Eden's Crush on TV.com". TV.com. http://www.tv.com/edens-crush/person/107582/summary.html. Retrieved November 12, 2010.
- ^ "Various Artists – 50 First Dates: Love Songs from the Soundtrack – CD". Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/50-First-Dates-Songs-Soundtrack/dp/B00018D60C. Retrieved June 15, 2010.
- ^ a b c Ezugwu, Emmanuel (December 3, 2007). "Alternatives : Nicole Scherzinger: Remember the Name". Allhiphop.com. http://allhiphop.com/stories/alternatives/archive/2007/12/03/18924146.aspx. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
- ^ a b c d e f g h "Official Her Name Is Nicole Community: Nicole's Biography". Her Name Is Nicole. http://www.hernameisnicole.com/-/Main.aspx?pbt_name=Bio. Retrieved September 21, 2009. [dead link]
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger PCD Interview". MTV Networks. August 18, 2008. http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/440822-nicole-scherzinger-pussycat-dolls-interview-lewis-hamilton-will-i-am. Retrieved July 10, 2009. [dead link]
- ^ a b Copsey, Robert (September 22, 2010). "Scherzinger – Solo Album Will Surprise". Digital Spy (Hachette Fillapaachi Medias). http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a278242/scherzinger-solo-lp-will-surprise.html. Retrieved September 22, 2010.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger chooses Christina Milian". Musiqueradio.com. June 3, 2009. http://www.musiqueradio.com/article_news7493_nicole-scherzinger-choie-christina-milian.php. Retrieved June 30, 2010.
- ^ Parks, Tim (June 24, 2009). "Music – News – Hilson: 'Scherzinger forced to stay in PCD'". Digital Spy. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a161843/hilson-scherzinger-forced-to-stay-in-pcd.html. Retrieved September 3, 2009.
- ^ Balls, David (May 4, 2009). "Music – Album Review – Keri Hilson: 'In A Perfect World...'". Digital Spy. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a154977/keri-hilson-in-a-perfect-world.html. Retrieved September 3, 2009.
- ^ Burmy. "Keri Hilson – Alienated -Review". Djbooth.net. http://www.djbooth.net/index/tracks/review/keri-hilson-alienated/. Retrieved September 3, 2009.
- ^ Lanham, Tom (October 8, 2009). "Gary Lightbody quite busy on patrol". The San Francisco Examiner (John Wilcox). http://www.sfexaminer.com/entertainment/63717812.html. Retrieved June 30, 2010. [dead link]
- ^ Balls, David (September 11, 2009). "Snow Patrol to release greatest hits". Digital Spy. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a176894/snow-patrol-to-release-greatest-hits.html. Retrieved September 11, 2010.
- ^ "New England Blade and HX New England // Nightlife // Nicole Scherzinger Steers the Pussycat Dolls to Total Gaydom Domination". Innewsweekly.com. http://www.innewsweekly.com/innews/?class_code=Cu&article_code=6116. Retrieved July 10, 2009.
- ^ Graff, Gary (April 1, 2009). "Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger Talks Solo Album, 'Domination 2.0'". Billboard (Nielsen Business Media, Inc). http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/pussycat-doll-nicole-scherzinger-talks-solo-1003957556.story. Retrieved August 17, 2009.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger Covers Duran Duran's 'Rio' For Bath Products". Starpulse.com. April 28, 2008. http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/04/08/nicole_scherzinger_covers_duran_duran_s_. Retrieved July 30, 2010.
- ^ Kaufman, Gil (February 4, 2008). "Will.I.Am Gathers Common, Nick Cannon, Scarlett Johansson For Barack Obama Video". MTV. MTV Networks. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1580884/20080204/will_i_am.jhtml. Retrieved July 30, 2010.
- ^ Smith, Lizzie (September 6, 2008). "Wigging out: Beyonce dons old lady hairpiece for golden Fashion Rocks performance". Daily Mail (London: Associated Newspapers). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1052933/Wigging-Beyonce-dons-blonde-hairpiece-golden-Fashion-Rocks-performance.html. Retrieved July 1, 2010.
- ^ "Purr-fect Pussycat Dolls hit Aberdeen". Evening Express (Aberdeen Journals). January 19, 2009. http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1035517?UserKey=. Retrieved June 7, 2010.
- ^ Montgomery, James (May 3, 2009). "Lady Gaga Gears Up For Pussycat Dolls Tour". MTV. MTV Networks. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1602622/20090113/lady_gaga.jhtml. Retrieved June 6, 2010.
- ^ "Music News: Pussycat Dolls announce Australian tour dates; special guest Lady Gaga". Accessallareas.net.au. October 12, 2006. http://www.accessallareas.net.au/music_news/EkkZlkyAlZwwwDPaqn.php. Retrieved June 16, 2010. [dead link]
- ^ "Pussycat Dolls And Special Guest Ne-Yo To Tour The Uk". Contactmusic.com. October 7, 2008. http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/pussycat-dolls-and-special-guest-ne-yo-to-tour-the-uk_1082789. Retrieved June 16, 2010.
- ^ Montgomery, James (January 13, 2009). "Pussycat Dolls Warm Up New Orleans Crowd For Britney Spears". MTV. MTV Networks. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1606240/20090303/the_pussycat_dolls.jhtml. Retrieved June 16, 2010.
- ^ Graff, Gary (April 1, 2009). "Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger Talks Solo Album, 'Domination 2.0'". Billboard (Nielsen Business Media, Inc). http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/pussycat-doll-nicole-scherzinger-talks-solo-1003957556.story. Retrieved August 15, 2009.
- ^ "The Pussycat Dolls – Doll Domination (Re-release) – CD". Amazon.fr. http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B001YIJOMW. Retrieved September 3, 2009.
- ^ a b "Dolls to release mini album". Capitalradio.co.uk. March 29, 2009. http://www.capitalradio.co.uk/music-showbiz/music/music-news/dolls-release-mini-album/. Retrieved September 3, 2009.
- ^ "Pussycat Dolls Fight, Danity Kane Split: Bad Week for Girl Groups". Rolling Stone (Jann Wenner). April 27, 2009. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/14475/81433. Retrieved June 7, 2010.
- ^ Laudadio, Marisa (March 23, 2009). "Nicole Scherzinger, Kid Rock to Perform at Wrestlemania". People (Time Warner). http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20267404,00.html. Retrieved July 1, 2010.
- ^ "Slash invites Nicole Scherzinger to perform, Myspace, September 28th 2009". Blogs.myspace.com. http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=420167906&blogId=512097797. Retrieved February 28, 2010.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger Sets Release Date For ‘Her Name Is Nicole’ Solo Debut". popdirt.com. August 3, 2007. http://popdirt.com/nicole-scherzinger-sets-release-date-for-her-name-is-nicole-solo-debut/63320/. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
- ^ "Music – Interview – Nicole Scherzinger". DigitalSpy. November 2, 2007. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/interviews/a78975/nicole-scherzinger.html. Retrieved June 30, 2010.
- ^ a b Montgomery, James (August 23, 2007). "Nicole Scherzinger Nabs Kanye West For LP, Makes Snow Patrol Singer's Mom Cry". MTV. MTV Networks. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1567662/20070822/scherzinger__nicole.jhtml. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
- ^ a b c d e "Nicole Scherzinger Album Preview". Rap-UP. Devin Lazerine. http://www.rap-up.com/2007/07/02/nicole-scherzinger-album-preview/. Retrieved September 21, 2009.
- ^ "Blabbermouth, Nicole Scherzinger on Slash's album, October 13, 2009". Roadrunnerrecords.com. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=128624. Retrieved February 28, 2010.
- ^ Burch, Jacob (February 1, 2010). "Music superstars unite to re-record ‘We Are the World'". OnTheRedCarpet.com. http://ontheredcarpet.typepad.com/ontheredcarpet/2010/02/music-superstars-unite-to-rerecord-we-are-the-world.html. Retrieved February 1, 2010. [dead link]
- ^ Aswad, Jem; Rich (February 12, 2019). "'We Are the World: 25 for Haiti' Video Premieres During Olympics Opening Ceremony". MTV (MTV Networks). http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1631894/20100212/bieber_justin.jhtml. Retrieved July 30, 2010.
- ^ "iTunes Store – Artists of Haiti – We are the World 25 for Haiti". iTunes. http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/we-are-world-25-for-haiti/id355808800. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- ^ Savage, Mark (August 9, 2010). "Talking Shop: RedOne – As producer and co-writer for Lady Gaga, RedOne is responsible for some of the most ubiquitous radio hits of the last 18 months". BBC News. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-10884451. Retrieved August 12, 2010.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger | Official Site". Nicolescherzingermusic.com. http://www.nicolescherzingermusic.com/. Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- ^ "New Music: Nicole Scherzinger – ‘Poison’". Rap-Up.com. October 14, 2010. http://www.rap-up.com/2010/10/14/new-music-nicole-scherzinger-poison/#more-61161. Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger Poses In Sexy Pic For New Single | Nicole Scherzinger | News | MTV UK". Mtv.co.uk. October 21, 2010. http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/nicole-scherzinger/news/243115-nicole-scherzinger-sexy-poison-pic. Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- ^ "Mohombi: Life, Loss and Lady Gaga". BBC News. October 26, 2010. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11477421.
- ^ Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 10:15 BST (October 26, 2010). "Music – News – The Wanted, Derulo for Jingle Bell Ball". Digital Spy. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a284226/the-wanted-derulo-for-jingle-bell-ball.html. Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- ^ "Top 40 Official UK Singles Archive". Official Charts. 2011-03-26. http://www.theofficialcharts.com/archive-chart/_/1/2011-03-26. Retrieved 2011-11-19.
- ^ Copsey, Robert. "Single Release Diary". Digital Spy (Hachette Filipacchi UK). http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/singlereviews/. Retrieved April 19, 2011.
- ^ "Top 40/M Future Releases | Mainstream Hit Songs Being Released and Their Release Dates". Allaccess.com. http://www.allaccess.com/top40-mainstream/future-releases. Retrieved 2011-11-19.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger's 'Killer Love' Album Pushed Back to December". The Hollywood Reporter. 2011-10-13. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nicole-scherzingers-killer-love-album-x-factor-248395. Retrieved 2011-11-19.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger confirms new single Try With Me". 4Music. 2011-10-17. http://www.4music.com/news/news/1713/Nicole-Scherzinger-confirms-new-single-Try-With-Me. Retrieved 2011-11-19.
- ^ Germain Lussier (November 5, 2010). "Cameos: Judi Dench in ‘On Stranger Tides,’ Nicole Scherzinger In ‘Men In Black 3,’ Betty White Out". /Film. http://www.slashfilm.com/cameos-judi-dench-on-stranger-tides-nicole-scherzinger-men-black-3-betty-white/. Retrieved November 14, 2010.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger looks hot in new CA ad campaign". London: The Sun. April 12, 2010. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/usa/2929374/Nicole-Scherzinger-looks-hot-in-new-CA-ad-campaign.html. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger at FHM.com". http://www.fhm.com/girls/covergirls/nicole-scherzinger. Retrieved January 29, 2010.
- ^ Vena, Jocelyn (October 8, 2009). "Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger To Join Andrew Lloyd Webber Musical". MTV (MTV Networks). http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1640053/20100526/scherzinger__nicole.jhtml. Retrieved June 30, 2010.
- ^ "The Sing Off – NBC Site". Nbc.com. http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/about/nicole.shtml. Retrieved February 28, 2010.
- ^ Carroll, Larry (April 1, 2010). "'Dancing With The Stars' 2010 Lineup Revealed". MTV (MTV Networks). http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1632937/20100301/scherzinger__nicole.jhtml. Retrieved June 30, 2010.
- ^ Vena, Jocelyn (May 26, 2010). "Nicole Scherzinger Calls 'Dancing With The Stars' Win 'Surreal'". MTV (MTV Networks). http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1640053/20100526/scherzinger__nicole.jhtml. Retrieved June 30, 2010.
- ^ Wada, Karen (June 4, 2010). "'DWTS' champ and Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger joins cast of 'Rent' at the Hollywood Bowl". Los Angeles Times (Tribune Company). http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1632937/20100301/scherzinger__nicole.jhtml. Retrieved June 30, 2010.
- ^ "The X Factor show goes on without Cheryl Cole as Nicole Scherzinger provides the glamour". The Daily Mirror (London: Associated Newspapers Ltd). July 9, 2010. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1293406/X-Factor-goes-Cheryl-Cole-Nicole-Scherzinger-provides-glamour.html. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
- ^ Sherridan, Emily (July 17, 2010). "Nicole Scherzinger returns to X Factor judging panel for boot camp as Cheryl Cole recovers from malaria". The Daily Mirror (London: Associated Newspapers Ltd). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1295332/Nicole-Scherzinger-returns-X-Factor-judging-panel-boot-camp-Cheryl-Cole-recovers-malaria.html. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
- ^ "X Factor’s Simon, Louis and Cheryl give the guest judges the thumbs-up". STV. August 18, 2010. http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/192577-x-factors-simon-louis-and-cheryl-give-the-guest-judges-the-thumbs-up/. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
- ^ Daniels, Colin (August 15, 2010). "O'Leary: 'Nicole perfect for X Factor'". Digital Spy. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a261755/oleary-nicole-perfect-for-x-factor.html. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
- ^ Tobin, Christian (July 26, 2010). "X Factor Changes Age Group Boundaries". Digital Spy. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a250495/x-factor-changes-age-group-boundaries.html. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
- ^ Tobin, Christian (August 16, 2010). "Cowell, Walsh 'clash over Scherzinger'". Digital Spy. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a262170/cowell-walsh-clash-over-scherzinger.html. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger to Replace Cheryl Cole on 'X Factor': Who's the Hottest Female Judge in Reality TV History?". Fox News. June 7, 2011. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/06/07/nicole-scherzinger-to-replace-cheryl-cole-on-x-factor-whos-hottest-female-judge/.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger is a devout catholic". Raidió Teilifís Éireann. August 16, 2011. http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0816/scherzingern.html. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- ^ "Nicole Scherzinger & Lewis Hamiilton splits". Tabby, Ram. October 21, 2011. http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/nicole-scherzinger-ends-romance-010000473.html. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- ^ Vena, Jocelyn (May 12, 2009). "'The Hills,' 'Twilight' Ladies Make Maxim's Hot 100 List". MTV (MTV Networks). http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1611160/20090512/the_pussycat_dolls.jhtml. Retrieved June 30, 2010.
- ^ "Most beautiful women listed". Toronto Sun (Sun Media). May 23, 2010. http://www.torontosun.com/life/2010/05/14/14036236.html. Retrieved June 30, 2010. [dead link]
- ^ Name: (November 22, 2010). "Music Awards: Hottest Female – Awards – Music". Virgin Media. http://www.virginmedia.com/music/awards/hottest-female.php. Retrieved January 1, 2011.
- ^ Name: (April 20, 2011). "TRL Awards Live from Florence (MTV Italy)". MTV. http://www.mtv.it/trlawards/vota-web.asp.
Awards and achievements Preceded by
Donny Osmond & Kym Johnson
Dancing with the Stars (US) winner
Season 10 (Spring 2010 with Derek Hough)
Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough
Nicole Scherzinger Studio albumsKiller Love Singles Featured singles Promotional singles"Whatever U Like" • "Wet" Concert toursTrust Me I Lie Tour Filmography Related articles Pussycat Dolls Studio albums Live albumsLive from London Singles Promotional singles"Sway" • "Right Now" • "Top of the World" Concert tours Related topics The X Factor (UK) Series Main CelebrityBattle of the Stars Presenters Current Former Judges Current Former Guest Winners Main series Celebrity series Related singles Winner's singles Charity singles Related articles The X Factor (U.S.) Seasons Hosts Judges Related articles Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 10)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nicole Scherzinger — en concierto Datos generales Nombre real Nicole Prescovia Elikolan … Wikipedia Español
Nicole Scherzinger — (2007) Unterschrift vo … Deutsch Wikipedia
Nicole Scherzinger — 2007 Nom Nicole Prescovia Elikolani Valiente Scherzinger Naissance … Wikipédia en Français
Nicole Scherzinger — … Википедия
Nicole Scherzinger discography — Nicole Scherzinger discography Nicole Scherzinger at the Tacoma Dome in Washington. Releases ↙Studio albums 1 … Wikipedia
Baby Love (Nicole Scherzinger song) — Infobox Single Name = Baby Love Artist = Nicole Scherzinger featuring will.i.am Album = Her Name Is Nicole and Doll Domination B side = Whatever U Like Released = September 10 2007 (U.S.) November 5 2007 (UK) November 30 2007 (Japan) Format = CD… … Wikipedia
Scherzinger — ist der Name von: Mara Scherzinger (* 1989), deutsche Schauspielerin Nicole Scherzinger (* 1978), US amerikanische Tänzerin, Sängerin und Schauspielerin russischer, hawaiischer und philippinischer Herkunft Wolfgang Scherzinger (* 1944),… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Nicole — es un nombre de pila femenino y variante francesa de Nicolás. Significa que lleva al pueblo a la victoria Contenido 1 Geografía 2 Personas 2.1 Cantantes 2.2 Por nombre … Wikipedia Español
Nicole (given name) — This article is about the given name and surname Nicole. For other uses, see Nicole (disambiguation). Nicole Pronunciation English: /nɨˈkoʊl/ ni kohl Gender Feminine … Wikipedia
Nicole (name) — Infobox Given Name Revised name = Nicole imagesize= caption= pronunciation= ni KOHL gender =Feminine meaning = victorious people region = origin = Greek related names =Colette, Necole, Niccole, Nichol, Nichole, Nicholle, Nickol, Nickole, Nicol,… … Wikipedia