Naela Chohan Naela Chohan, Pakistan Civil Service, 1982 Ambassador of Pakistan to Argentina, Uruguay, Peru and Ecuador Personal details Born 6 May 1958
Spouse(s) Musa Javed Chohan Children Usman Waqqas Chohan, Ibrahim Abubakr Chohan Alma mater Harvard, Centre d'Etudes Diplomatiques et Stratégiques, Quaid-e-Azam University, École du Louvre, École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts Occupation Pakistani Ambassador, Feminist Artist Religion Islam
Naela Chohan (Urdu: نائلہ چوہان, alternative spelling Naila Chohan) (born 6 May 1958 in Rawalpindi, Pakistan) is a Pakistani diplomat and feminist artist. She has been a member of the Board of Governors of the Pakistan Film Censor Board, and of the Board of Directors of the Overseas Employment Corporation of Pakistan, and Inter State Gas System (Pvt). Naela Chohan also has experience in Chemical Weapons Disarmament, being the first civilian and woman to head the National Authority on the Implementation of the Chemical Weapons Convention in Pakistan. She is an alumnus of Quaid-e-Azam University, the Centre d'Etudes Diplomatiques et Stratégiques, The École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts, École du Louvre, and the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. She is currently serving as the Ambassador of Pakistan to Argentina, Uruguay, Peru and Ecuador.
Naela Chohan holds a Masters Degree in International Relations from Quaid-e-Azam University, and a PhD session certificate in International Relations from Centre d'Etudes Diplomatiques et Stratégiques in Paris. She also received training at École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts and the École du Louvre in Paris. Naela Chohan also undertook the Executive Development Program (EDP) from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. As a polyglot, she has fluency in English, French, Persian, Punjabi, Urdu, and Bengali.
Naela Chohan's diplomatic assignments have included the High Commission of Pakistan in Ottawa, the Pakistan delegation to United Nations General Assembly 41st (1987) Session and 42nd (1988) Session, and the Embassy of Pakistan in Tehran (1989–1993), and Kuala Lumpur (1997–2001). She is currently serving as the Ambassador of Pakistan to Argentina, Uruguay, Peru and Ecuador.
Naela Chohan also has experience in Chemical Weapons Disarmament, being the first civilian and woman to head the National Authority on the Implementation of the Chemical Weapons Convention in Pakistan.
In addition to her service as a career diplomat, she has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Overseas Employment Corporation of Pakistan and the Inter State Gas System Limited (Pvt); and a member of the Pakistan Film Censor Board. She was also unanimously elected Chairperson of the Asia Pacific Development Center (APDC), Kuala Lumpur (1998–2000).
The Ecuadorian Investigation
In April 2011, The Pakistani embassy in Argentina unearthed a plan allegedly prepared by the United States and some other countries to arrest Pakistani immigrants and transfer them to the US. In a report submitted to the government, Pakistan’s Ambassador to Argentina Naila Chohan said that it seemed to be an effort to malign Pakistanis. According to the investigation carried out by the Embassy, the arrested Pakistanis were legal settlers living in Ecuador for decades. The investigation found that the arrested Pakistanis were maltreated, beaten and forced to sign some documents, agreeing to “voluntarily return” to their country. In her report, the Pakistani ambassador referred to a meeting with US Ambassador to Argentina and Special Agent of the Homeland at which she raised the issue of 32 Pakistanis detained during a joint operation conducted by the US government and Ecuador.
She is married to Musa Javed Chohan, and has two children, Usman Waqqas Chohan and Ibrahim Abubakr Chohan.
Chohan, Naela. Implementation: Asia – The National Authority of Pakistan. Chemical Disarmament Quarterly, Volume 5, No. 3, September 2007. 
Observer Status with ALADI
The Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Naela Chohan joined on 19 May, as observer, the Committee of Representatives of the Latin American Integration Association, ALADI. Pakistan, after China (1994), Korea (2004) and Japan (2004), is the fourth Asian country to be incorporated as an observer to the ALADI. Ambassador Carmen Pérez Zilia Mason, in his capacity as Chairperson of the Committee of Representatives, welcomed the arrival of Ambassador Chohan, while stressed "its strong interest in issues of integration and the important role (Pakistan) plays in these Latin American countries." In another passage of his speech, Ambassador Perez Mason expressed confidence that "through its presence in our Association as an observer, the Representative of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, ALADI closer relations with your country and the rest the of the Asian continent."
- Visión Siete Interview #1 Argentina Channel Vision 7 (Spanish)
- Trilateral Border Deal CTV Interview with Naela Chohan
- Visión Siete Interview #2 Argentina Channel Vision 7 (Spanish)
- Asesinaron a Bin Laden: habla la embajadora de Pakistán Entrevista with INTA (Spanish)
- CTV Interview Defending Pakistan's position in the wake of the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
- Diplomats to Watch Out For Embassy Magazine Review
- Galeria Borges Interview with Borges Gallery of Argentina
- Afghan Envoy Reassures – Pakistan's Fight Ottawa Citizen Interview with Naela Chohan
- Plan Unearthed to Arrest, Transfer Immigrants to U.S. Naela Chohan's Investigation into Ecuadorean-American Controversy
- Pakistan reaffirms cooperation with Peru Interview with Naela Chohan
- Naela Chohan tours Tacna Region Article in Correo Peru
- Los Embajadores Interview with Naela Chohan on Perfil.com (2010)
- Los Embajadores Interview with Naela Chohan on Perfil.com (2009)
- AUDIO COMPLETO del programa "COMERCIO EXTERIOR SIGLO XXI", 17 August 2010 Interview with Naela Chohan, Radio Palermo (Buenos Aires)
- Li, Argentine Women's Magazine Exclusive biography of Naela Chohan. (Pages 10–15, requires Adobe, Spanish Language)
- Binner con la embajadores de Pakistán Governor of Sante Fe Province
- Embajadora Naela Chohan, y la Pta. de A.C.A.D. Raquel Deluca M. Interview with Raquel Deluca of Amigos A.C.A.D.
- Pakistán – Sinfonía de sonidos y colores Article in A.C.A.D.
- En Pakistán no es difícil esconderse Article in El Argentino (Spanish)
- Macri junto a la embajadora de Pakistán Political Section of Buenos Aires Municipality
- Argentine/Pakistan Textile Trade International Herald Tribune article on Naela Chohan
- El Gobernador recibio en Santa Fe a la Embajadora de Pakistan Estacion Santa Fe
- Finalizó el Mundial de Polo en San Luis (Spanish)
- Comienza el Mundial de Polo 2011 en San Luis (Spanish)
- Ministerio de Gobierno de Buenos Aires
- Envoy to Argentina foresees bright future Instituto Nacional de Technologia Agropecuaria
- Pakistan should adopt strategic approach to grow exports Islamabad Chamber of Commerce News Release
- Troubled PHF finds upport from Argentina envoy Pakistan Hockey Federation Article
- José Mujica with Ambassador of Pakistán, Naela Chohan Uruguay Al Dia 
- La industria naval de argentina y de pakistan encuentran coincidencias Argentina Naval Industry
- Acercando Naciones en el Dia de Paquistán Interview, March 2010.
- Ottawa won't lift ban on arms – Globe and Mail Article
- Pakistani Ambassador Faces Challenges – Ottawa Citizen Article
- Pakistani Diplomat Takes Center Stage Naela Chohan's Art Exhibition in Ottawa.
- A talk with Pakistani Ambassador to Argentina Naela Chohan Business Recorder Interview
- The Typical Mistake Interview with Ambassador Naela Chohan
- Naela Chohan – Ambassador of Pakistan Interview with Silvina Orfali (Spanish)
- Argentina proposes twinning of Punjab-Salta provinces: Pak ambassador Bilateral Cooperation between Punjab and Salta provinces.
- UNESCO Siège Naela Chohan's Art Exhibition
- Democratic Humour at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Associated Press of Pakistan Statement on Indo-Pakistan cooperation in the wake of the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
- Naela Chohan, Director General Disarmament Meeting of the States Parties to the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological and Toxin Weapons and on their Destruction.
- The News International Pakistan, India should cooperate to fight terrorism
- Pak Ambassador praises conduct of team in Argentina Letter by Ambassador Chohan.
- Osama Bin Laden no está en las zonas tribales de Pakistán Interview in the El Comercio Journal of Peru.
- Pakistan Suitable Destination for Investment Interview with TISA.
- Murder in Mumbai CBC Documentary including CBC Interview with Naela Chohan.
- Seminar on ‘business opportunities in Pakistan’ held in Buenos Aires
- Ciencia y Técnica se reunió con embajadora de Pakistán Diario Digital de Bariloche (Spanish)
- ^ Dawn Article – 5 May 2011 Plan unearthed to arrest, transfer immigrants to US 
- ^ States Times Article – 5 May 2011 Plan unearthed to arrest, transfer immigrants to US 
- ^ Pakistan Daily Times Article – 5 May 2011 Plan unearthed to arrest, transfer immigrants to US 
- ^ Press Release from the Latin American Integration Association
- ^ Press Release from the Latin American Integration Association
- ^ Speech of the Chairperson of the Committee of Representatives of the Latin American Integration Association, Carmen Perez Zilia Mason 
- ^ Speech of the Secretary General of the Latin American Integration Association, Oscar Quina 
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Naela Chohan — Embajadora de Pakistan a … Wikipedia Español
Musa Javed Chohan — Musa Javed Chohan, Pakistan Civil Service 1984 Personal details Born May 30, 1948 (1948 05 30) (age 63) … Wikipedia
Chemical weapon proliferation — Nation CW Possession Signed CWC Ratified CWC Albania Known January 14, 1993 May 11, 1994 Burma (Myanmar) Possible January 13, 1993 No … Wikipedia
Endon Mahmood — This is a Malay name; the name Mahmood Ambak is a patronymic, not a family name, and the person should be referred to by the given name, Endon. Yang Amat Berbahagia Tun Endon Mahmood Ambak Spouse of the Prime Minister of Malaysia In office 31… … Wikipedia
Centre d'études diplomatiques et stratégiques — Centre d’études diplomatiques et stratégiques Paris CEDS Nom original CEDS organisme créé sous l égide de l École des hautes études internationales Informations Fondation 1986 à partir de l École des hautes études internationales Fondateur Pascal … Wikipédia en Français