Code 13 Origin Minneapolis, Minnesota Genres Hardcore punk
Years active 1995 - 2000 Labels Havoc Records Members Tattoo Shane
Josh "BLAST" Wiss
Formation and History
In the words of member Felix Havoc:
- After Destroy broke up I hooked up with Tattoo Shane and Trevor Trend and began jamming with a series of drummers. We put up an ad at Extreme Noise and attracted Criminal Shane on drums. Code 13 was an attempt on my part to move past the grind and metal influence on Destroy back to a more old school hardcore sound. Still, Code 13 is not a retro-80's band by any respect, although the 80's influence is there, many of our songs clock in at speeds undreamed of in '82.
- Code 13's music is hard for me to describe because we mix several different styles. I'm not saying we're particularly original or groundbreaking, but our music was far from generic as well. Simply put, we didn't all listen to just one style of music so our playing wasn't rigidly influenced by one style either. We mixed sing-a-long 80's hardcore like early 7 Seconds and Youth Brigade with fast-core like Dropdead and a touch of early DRI, straight edge hardcore, Swedish HC/ Japanese Thrash, 80's anarcho-punk and some grind/power violence for a fast and powerful punk sound. Lyrically I'd have to say the individual versus society and issues of social control predominate.
- The name Code 13 comes from the police radio code for "officer down" and as you can guess our lyrics were heavily anti-police and authority. For a while four out of five of our shows were broken up by the man, but hardcore survives on the underground and so did we. At the time I felt like the hardcore/punk scene was too complacent and needed some really radical thrashing punk to bring band the anger and energy. I went out of my way to write radical, aggressive lyrics to go with the music. We stirred up no small controversy, posing with automatic weapons and singing about shooting cops. One anarchist squat in Paris actually wouldn't let us play because we were "too militant", I knew we were doing something right then.
All of the group's albums to date have been on the Havoc Records label.
- "Doomed Society" - 1995, Havoc Records
- "They Made a Wasteland and Called It Peace" - 1995, Havoc Records
- "A Part of America Died Today" - 1998, Havoc Records
- "Code 13/DS 13" - 2000, Havoc Records
- "Complete Discography 1994-2000" - 2000, Havoc Records
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
code — code … Dictionnaire des rimes
code — [ kɔd ] n. m. • 1220; lat. jurid. codex « planchette, recueil » 1 ♦ Recueil de lois. Le code de Justinien, et absolt le Code. Ensemble des lois et dispositions légales relatives à une matière spéciale. Livre, article d un code. Le C ODE CIVIL ou… … Encyclopédie Universelle
code — [kəʊd ǁ koʊd] noun 1. [countable] LAW a complete set of written rules or laws: • Each state in the US has a different criminal and civil code. ˈbuilding code [countable] LAW a set of rules that states what features a new building, bridge etc… … Financial and business terms
Code — redirects here. CODE may also refer to Cultural Olympiad Digital Edition. Decoded redirects here. For the television show, see Brad Meltzer s Decoded. For code (computer programming), see source code. For other uses, see Code (disambiguation).… … Wikipedia
code — n [Old French, from Medieval Latin codex, from Latin caudex codex tree trunk, set of wood writing tablets, book] 1: a systematic compilation or revision of law or legal principles that is arranged esp. by subject: as a: one that contains the law… … Law dictionary
Code-2 — (Computador Didáctico Elemental, versión 2), y su predecesor ODE son dos procesadores ideados por los profesores Alberto Prieto y Antonio Lloris, de la Universidad de Granada, para facilitar la compresión del funcionamiento y el diseño hardware… … Wikipedia Español
Codé — Code Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différents sujets et articles partageant un même nom … Wikipédia en Français
Code QR — Pour les articles homonymes, voir QR. Un exemple de code QR Le code QR ou QR Code (en anglais) est un code barres en 2 dimensions (code matrice) pouvant stocker jusqu à 7089 c … Wikipédia en Français
Code 46 — film poster Directed by Michael Winterbottom Produced by … Wikipedia
code — code; code·less; en·code·ment; iden·ta·code; man·u·code; re·code; sar·code; mi·cro·code; post·code; zip·code; de·code; en·code; os·tra·code; … English syllables
code — CODE. s. m. Recueil, compilation des Loix, Constitutions, Rescrits, &c. des Empereurs Romains. Le Code Theodosien, ou de Theodose. le Code de Justinien. On l appelle aussi absolument. le Code. dans un tel titre du Code. le Code & le Digeste. On… … Dictionnaire de l'Académie française