Kattan at the 2008 Tribeca Film Festival
Born Christopher Lee Kattan
October 19, 1970
Sherman Oaks, California, U.S.
Occupation Actor/Comedian Years active 1993—present Spouse Sunshine Tutt (2008-2009; divorced) Website http://www.chriskattan.net/
Christopher Lee "Chris" Kattan (pronounced /kəˈtæn/; born October 19, 1970) is an American actor/comedian, best known for his work on Saturday Night Live.
Kattan was born in Sherman Oaks, California. His father, Kip King, was an actor and voice actor who appeared on the series Reno 911! as Larrie Plum. His mother, Hajnalka E. Biro, was once photographed for Playboy and worked as a model in '60s London. His father was of Iraqi Jewish descent and his mother, a native of Budapest, Hungary, is a Buddhist. Kattan lived on Bainbridge Island, Washington, where he attended Bainbridge High School, and graduated in 1989.
Early work and SNL
Kattan was a member of several improv/sketch comedy troupes one of them being The Groundlings in Los Angeles. His father was an original member of the troupe. Kattan also did some minor roles on TV, including the first episode of the second season of NewsRadio, "No, This Is Not Based Entirely on Julie's Life," as a photo shop employee.
He moved to New York City to work on Saturday Night Live from 1995 to 2003. His recurring characters included Mr. Peepers, Mango, Azrael Abyss, Kyle DeMarco from The DeMarco Brothers, Gay Hitler, Suel Forrester (known for the term "dagitybo") and, most notably, one half of the Butabi Brothers with fellow SNL (and Groundlings) cast member Will Ferrell, known for their trademark head-bobbing. Kattan and Ferrell continued the characters in 1998's A Night at the Roxbury.
SNL celebrity impersonations
- Clay Aiken
- Christiane Amanpour
- Antonio Banderas
- Andy Dick
- Larry Fine
- Bill Gates
- Ben Affleck
- David Gest
- Elian Gonzalez
- Anne Heche
- Julio Iglesias, Jr.
- Steve Irwin
- Chris Kirkpatrick
- Ricky Martin
- Alanis Morissette
- Al Pacino
- Kid Rock
- David Lee Roth
- Paul Shaffer
- David Spade
- Kerri Strug (also appeared in Weekend Update with Strug as her fictional brother, Kippi)
- Geraldo Rivera
- Robert Downey, Jr.
- Queen Elizabeth II
Kattan has made one appearance on Broadway, playing Xanthias in a production of Aristophanes' The Frogs until his replacement during previews by Roger Bart. Kattan was set to host the game show Gameshow In My Head and even filmed the pilot episode in Hollywood. However, he was replaced with Joe Rogan for the series.
Starting in fall of 2009, Kattan appeared in a supporting role in The Middle. Kattan plays Bob, a colleague of Frankie Heck's at Mr. Ehlert's car dealership.
Kattan appeared in the May 17th episode of How I Met Your Mother as a star in a fictional movie within the show. He played himself acting as Jed Mosely, a character based on the main character Ted with an arrogant personality.
Kattan married model Sunshine Tutt on June 28, 2008, in Oakhurst, California, after proposing to her on Christmas Eve 2006. The couple separated on August 10, 2008, and were officially divorced in February 2009.
- Saturday Night Live (TV) (1996–2003)
- Grace Under Fire (TV) (1996)
- A Night at the Roxbury (1998)
- House on Haunted Hill (1999)
- Any Given Wednesday (2000)
- Corky Romano (2001)
- Monkeybone (2001)
- Undercover Brother (2002)
- Enough About Me (TV) (2005)
- Adam & Steve (2005)
- Santa's Slay (2005)
- Inked (TV) (2005)
- Totally Awesome (TV) (2006)
- Two Dreadful Children (voice) (2007)
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters (voice) (2007)
- Christmas in Wonderland (2007)
- Sunset Tan (2007)
- Superbad (deleted scene) (2007)
- Nancy Drew (2007)
- Undead or Alive (2007)
- Delgo (voice) (2008)
- Foodfight! (voice) (unreleased)
- Tanner Hall (2008)
- Hollywood & Wine (2009)
- Bollywood Hero (TV) (2009)
- The Middle (TV) (2009-present)
- How I Met Your Mother (TV) (2009)
- The Last Film Festival (2010)
- "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (2011)
- ^ a b Parsi, Novid (2009-08-05). "Kattan can…". Time Out Chicago. http://chicago.timeout.com/articles/tv/77237/chris-kattan-interview. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- ^ j. - Celebrity Jews
- ^ After 30 years, the Groundlings still dig up yuks
- ^ Internet Broadway Database: Chris Kattan Credits on Broadway
- ^ TVWeek - Special Reports - Print Edition
- ^ *Bollywood Hero at the Internet Movie Database
- ^ "How I Met Your Mother Taps Malin Akerman, Jason Lewis, Chris Kattan". TVGuide.com. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mother-Akerman-Lewis-1016864.aspx.
- ^ Chris Kattan Engaged to Sunshine Tutt - Celebrific
- ^ "Chris Kattan Divorced After 2-Month Marriage". People Magazine. 2008-10-15. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20233408,00.html. Retrieved 2010-12-15.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chris Kattan — Chris Kattan. Christopher Lee Kattan (19 de octubre de 1970) es un comediante más conocido por su trabajo en Saturday Night Live. Kattan nació en Sherman Oaks, California. Su padre, Kip Kong (nacido como Jerome Kattan) es un actor norteamericano… … Wikipedia Español
Chris Kattan — Chris Kattan. Chris Kattan est un acteur, humoriste, producteur et scénariste américain né le 19 octobre 1970 à Los Angeles, Californie (États Unis). Sommaire … Wikipédia en Français
Chris Kattan — Christopher Lee „Chris“ Kattan (* 19. Oktober 1970 in Sherman Oaks, Kalifornien, USA) ist ein US amerikanischer Comedian, bekannt aus der Fernsehsendung Saturday Night Live, in der er von 1996 bis 2003 auftrat. Kattan wirkte im Jahr 1998 in der… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Kattan — ist der Name folgender Personen: Assaad Elias Kattan (* 1967), orthodoxer libanesischer Theologe Chris Kattan (* 1970), US amerikanischer Comedian Siehe auch: Katan, Catan, Kathan … Deutsch Wikipedia
Chris Julian — with Emmy Award. Background information Birth name Chris Julian Irwin Born November 12, 1957 … Wikipedia
Chris Rock — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Rock. Chris Rock … Wikipédia en Français
Recurring Saturday Night Live characters and sketches — See also: Listed chronologically, Listed by cast member, Saturday Night Live TV show sketches of the 2000s A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q to R S T U to V W X to Z Listed alphabetically … Wikipedia
Recurring Saturday Night Live characters and sketches (listed chronologically) — NOTOC * See also Listed Alphabetically, Listed by cast memberAll listings indicate the first appearance of the character or sketch.1975 1976* Weekend Update (Chevy Chase, Jane Curtin, et al.) (see Weekend Update for names of all anchors) October… … Wikipedia
History of Saturday Night Live (1995–2000) — The late nineties1995 1996 seasonThe 1995 1996 season is a milestone for SNL , marking the last season for David Spade, but also the debuts of a strong batch of new recruits: Jim Breuer, Will Ferrell, Darrell Hammond, David Koechner, Cheri Oteri … Wikipedia
History of Saturday Night Live (2000–2005) — TOC Early 21st century The 2000 2001 season of Saturday Night Live began yet another transitional phase. Old faces like Colin Quinn, Tim Meadows and Cheri Oteri were gone. Molly Shannon left mid season (she stayed as long as she did six and a… … Wikipedia