RoboCop versus The Terminator
Infobox VG| title = Robocop versus The Terminator
caption = Cover art of Sega Mega Drive version
Interplay Entertainment, Virgin Games
Timothy Williams(lead designer), Noah Tool(assistant designer), John Botti(programming)
genre = Action
Game Boy, Sega Game Gear, Sega Master System, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, NES(cancelled), SNES
media = 16-
"RoboCop versus The Terminator" is a
video gamereleased for a number of platforms and is based on the RoboCopand Terminator franchises, more notably the 1992 four-issue comic book mini-series of the same name.
In 1995 a film version was almost put into production, but was scrapped after a director couldn't be found.
In the future, human soldiers of
John Connor's resistance force against the machines are fighting a losing war against Skynet and its robot forces. Discovering that one of the foundation technologies for Skynet is the cybernetics technology used in the creation of cyborg police officer RoboCop, Flo, a resistance soldier, is sent back in time to destroy RoboCop and stop Skynet from being built. However Skynet learns of the time travel attempt and sends Terminators to stop Flo.
In the game, the player controls RoboCop, who may move across the screen, jump, fire and exchange weapons. RoboCop starts with the Auto-9 which has unlimited ammunition. Other weapons may be more powerful and carry unlimited ammunition as well. Beginning the game on a mission of law enforcement, RoboCop soon meets up with Flo and must engage in battle against Terminators, the forces of OCP and several obstacles. Upon discovering one of the Terminators has infiltrated the OCP building, RoboCop plugs himself into a console to reprogram the security, only to fall into a trap and be digitized. After his body is disassembled and used for building Skynet, RoboCop watches Skynet come to power before using his digitized mind to seize control of an abandoned robotics factory, rebuild himself, and begin to destroy Skynet in the future.
Differences between the Super NES and Mega Drive/Genesis versions
* In the Sega version, RoboCop has a larger arsenal of weapons and can carry two types of weapons. In the Super NES version, RoboCop equips the Auto 9 handgun and can only carry one other weapon.
* The Auto 9 handgun and laser guns were two different items in the Sega version. In the Super NES version, the laser gun was an upgrade for the Auto 9 handgun, and it becomes standard issue in the Future Detroit levels.
* In the Sega version, RoboCop fights RoboCop 2 and ED-209. In the SNES version, RoboCop fights an ED-209 unit reprogrammed by the Terminators.
* The Super NES version has actual story narrative cutscenes while the Sega version only tells the story in the introduction to the game.
* The Sega version has blood and gore, rendering the game MA-13 at the time. However, a cheat code was included by the developers which included fire-related attacks (like Molotov cocktails and fire traps) setting RoboCop on fire, RoboCop's body partially disassembled upon death, a new game-over message, and leather leotard-clad female human enemies.
* The Super Nintendo version has female enemies without the use of cheats.
* The Sega version purely has the side-scrolling action game while the SNES version has the side-scrolling and one first-person-shooter sequence.
* Enemies constantly respawn in the Super NES version.
* In the Sega version, RoboCop loses the weapon he carries when he loses a life, and continues on from where he died, with the Auto 9 and the other weapon he didn't equip himself with. In the Super NES version, RoboCop starts over from the beginning of the level armed with only his Auto 9.
* The overall look of the Sega version is borrowed from the respective movies featuring the central characters while the look of the Super NES version is based strictly on the comic book upon which is based.
* The box art of the European PAL Sega version features a photo montage of RoboCop with
Arnold Schwarzeneggeras The Terminator, while the American Sega and Super NES versions simply feature the logo of the game's title.
* [http://www.cheatingdome.com/snes/1771.htm Cheats codes]
* [http://faqs.ign.com/articles/610/610688p1.html GameFaqs script]
* [http://www.mobygames.com/game/robocop-versus-the-terminator RoboCop versus The Terminator at MobyGames]
* [http://robocoparchive.com/games/sega1.htm "Robocop versus the Terminator" review]
*imdb title|0268583|RoboCop versus The Terminator
*allgame|id=1:2587|name=RoboCop versus The Terminator
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
RoboCop Versus The Terminator (jeu vidéo) — RoboCop versus The Terminator Éditeur Virgin Games Développeur Interplay Entertainment, Virgin Games Date de sortie 1993 Genre Action, plates formes … Wikipédia en Français
RoboCop versus The Terminator (jeu vidéo) — RoboCop versus The Terminator Éditeur Virgin Games Développeur Interplay Entertainment, Virgin Games Date de sortie 1993 Genre Action, plates formes Mode de jeu … Wikipédia en Français
RoboCop versus The Terminator (comics) — Supercbbox| title = RoboCop versus The Terminator comic color = background:#80ffff caption = RoboCop versus The Terminator vol. #1 Art by Walter Simonson. schedule = format = Limited Series publisher = Dark Horse Comics date = May 1, 1992 issues … Wikipedia
RoboCop vs. The Terminator — RoboCop versus The Terminator (jeu vidéo) RoboCop versus The Terminator Éditeur Virgin Games Développeur Interplay Entertainment, Virgin Games Date de sortie 1993 Genre Action, plates formes … Wikipédia en Français
Terminator (franchise) — Terminator franchise Creator James Cameron Original work The Terminator (1984) … Wikipedia
Terminator video games — The games are either based directly on the movies or are heavily involved in the film s Expanded Universe.The Terminator (DOS)A DOS computer Action adventure game based on the first movie. Developed and published by Bethesda Softworks in 1990, it … Wikipedia
RoboCop computer and video games — RoboCop is a 1987 action movie set in a crime ridden Detroit, Michigan in the near future. RoboCop centres a police officer that is brutally murdered and subsequently re created as a super human cyborg, otherwise known as a RoboCop . Two sequels… … Wikipedia
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles — Intertitle Also known as Terminator: TSCC Genre Science fiction … Wikipedia
Terminator 2: Judgment Day — Terminator 2 redirects here. For the video games, see Terminator 2: Judgment Day (video game). For the unofficial Terminator II film, see Terminator II (1990 film). Terminator 2: Judgment Day Theatrical release poster … Wikipedia
Robocop 3 (игра) — RoboCop 3 Обложка игры Robocop 3 для Commodore 64 Разработчик Digital Image Design … Википедия