The Topper Book
The Topper Book was the name of the book that had been published every year since
1954, to tie in with the children's comic The Topper. 40 were made over the years. Since they were traditionally published in the autumnand in time for Christmas, since 1966they had the date of the following year on the cover, unlike other annuals made by D. C. Thomson & Co. Ltdduring this period where the year was added in 1965. Before then no date was given.
Originally called 'The Topper Book' with no year at the end, it was horizontally shaped (landscape) instead of vertically shaped (portrait) like
The Beano Annualand The Dandy Annual. It became vertically shaped as of the 1960annual. Although The Topper merged with The Beezerin 1990, the annual continued for a few years afterwards. The 1994annual, published in 1993, was the last one.
This information is necessary to identify the annuals before they were dated. Annuals were published the autumn before with the 1955 annual publishede Autumn 1954. Price in shillings and (old) pence with onme shilling equal to 5p.
* 1955. 23 different characters in five strips with the last being a giant panda. Price 7/-
* 1956. Dartboard design with Topper characters in middle circle and birds, cars, etc in outer circle. Price 7/-
* 1957. Twenty five squares, each containing a different character or object. Prtice 7/-
* 1958. Diamond like diagonal shapes, each containing a character or object. Price 7/-
* 1959. Captain Bungle pointing rifle at four animals in distance. Elephant, giraffe, hippo and zebra. Monkey sitting on rifle about to fire catapult at him. Price 7/-
* 1960. Title is diagonal with heads of Topper characters above and below it. Price 7/-
* 1961. Bandit Figaro (Mexican) leaning against cactus tree and laughing while reading Topper book. Horse laughing with him. Price 7/6
* 1962. A number of heads of characters with names below them. Beryl the Peril top right and Foxy bottom right. Price 7/6
* 1963. Julius Cheeser sitting in deck chair amidst drawing pins. Tom Cat clutching his foot which has four drawing pins sticking in it. Heads of five Topper characters above title. Price 7/6
* 1964. Foxy with hands above his head. Rifle pointed at his back held by chicken and balloon. Price 7/6
* 1965. Two pictures. Figaro holding up a cowboy while another cowboy is hiding behind a rock and lighting a firework. Price 7/6
* 1966. Four pictures showing Tom Cat and Julius Cheeser and a fire-cracker. Price 7/6
List of DC Thomson publications
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Human races from the Malazan Book of the Fallen series — In the fantasy series The Malazan Book of the Fallen, there are many different races. In the Malazan World, the human races are divided by geographical and political boundaries. As well as this, there is a race (the Thelomen Toblakai descendants… … Wikipedia
The Dandy — Click on to enlarge Publication information Publisher D. C. Thomson Co. Ltd … Wikipedia
The Dandy Annual — is the current name of the book that has been published every year since 1938, to tie in with the children s comic The Dandy. As of 2011[update] there have been 74 editions, with another (The Dandy Annual 2013) presumably to follow in 2012. The… … Wikipedia
The Desperate Dan Book — The Desperate Dan books, featuring the comic book character Desperate Dan, were published in 1954, 1978, 1990, 1991 and 1992. Since they were traditionally released in the autumn and in time for Christmas, all bar the first (which had no date)… … Wikipedia
The Beano — The current logo Publication information Publisher D.C. Thomson Co Schedule Weekly … Wikipedia
The Magic Comic — was the ill fated third comic to The Beano and The Dandy. It was aimed at a younger audience, with more emphasis on picture stories. The first issue was published on 22 July 1939. The comic ran for only 80 issues until 25 January 1941. Paper… … Wikipedia
The Numskulls — Not to be confused with The Numbskulls. For other uses, see Numbskull (disambiguation). The Numskulls is a comic strip in The Beano, a UK comic. The strip is about some tiny human like creatures that live inside the head of Edd Case (a pun on… … Wikipedia
The Bash Street Kids — Beano strip The Bash Street Kids Current/last artist David Sutherland First appearance … Wikipedia
Topper Headon — Background information Birth name Nicholas Bowen Headon Also known as Topper … Wikipedia
Topper — may refer to:Objects: * A top hat * Harley Davidson Topper, a motor scooter manufactured between 1960 and 1965 * A camper shell, a small housing mounted atop the rear bed of a pickup truck * Topper (dinghy), a class of sailing dinghy * A sign… … Wikipedia