— town — Coordinates Coordinates: Country India State Andhra Pradesh District(s) West Godavari Population 43,211 (2001[update]) Time zone IST (UTC+05:30) Area
• 12 metres (39 ft)
Nidadavole (Telugu: నిడదవోలు, also known as Nidadavolu) is a town , railway junction, assembly constituency and a municipality in West Godavari district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. In Tretayuga it was called Niravadyapuram. A major canal from River Godavari passes through the town. The town is famous for a multitude of temples on the bank of the canal for which the bank is well known as "Chinna Kaasi Revu".
Temples with historical background like Golingeswaraalayam, Anjaneyaalayam, Someswaraalayam, Madanagopala Swamy Aalyam and the village deity (grama devata) Nangalamma Aalayam are spread in the centre of the town. There is a narration that Nangalamma wouldn't stay at her in-laws house which is located at Chinna Kaasi Revu and always goes back to her mother's place (Poori Gudi). Sri Kotasattemma Aalayam is also a very famous temple which is located in a village called Timmarajupalem, 2 KM away from the heart of the town. Besides this we can also find large number of Masjids, Churches/prayer halls and a Jain temple which testifies for unity in diversity.
It was an important town prior to 1970, was a hub of commercial activities, transport(both road and canal), rice mills, etc.,. It was a revenue division in the district. Its decline started after the construction of road cum rail bridge at Rajahmundry and Siddantham bridge at Ravulapalem due to its topographical position, It lost its glory and neighbouring towns like Tanuku, Tadepalligudem emerged as nerve centers in the district of West Godavari as NH5 ran through them.
It was a fort surrounded by water bodies (Jaladurgam) of Eastern Chalukyan kings. Chalukya Bhima, the builder of Draksharama Bhimeswara temple won this land from Rastrakutas, the then ruling dynasty. Veerabhadra Chalukya ,a ruler of this place married Rani Rudrama Devi, a prominent ruler and warrior princess of Kakatiya dynasty. It had 108 siva temples, many of them were totally destroyed by Md. Bin Tughlaq in 1323. Even today one can find the 6 feet destroyed sculptures of that age. A beautiful Nandi of 13th century placed in Sri Golingeswara temple discovered in School building construction. It has history erstwhile Rajahmundry's.
1. Samisragudem sivalayam
2. Golingeswara swami temple
3. Someswara swami temple
4. Anjaneya swami temple
5. Namgalamma temple
6. Sri Venkateswara Swami temple
7. Sri Kota Sattemma Ammavaru, Thimmaraju Palem
8. Sri Vasavi kanyaka paremeswari temple at chinna kasi revu
9. Ganesh temple,Pedda gandhi bomma centre
10.Durga Devi Temple, station road
11.Cluster of temples at Chinna Kasi Revu, etc.
12. Gayatri Devi Temple at China Kasi Revu 13. Jain Temple
14. Sri Madana Gopala Swamy Temple
15. Sri Sai Ganesh Ramalayam temple
16. Gayatri Temple
17. RCM Church 18. BETHANY PRAYER HOUSE NEAR ABS TOWN HALL. 19. Andhra Evangilical Luthern Church(AELC),CHURCHPET 20. G.D.M.Church 21.Bethelahem church 22.Young Men for Christ in India(YMCI),Youth ministry,which is organised for youth.
1. Ganapathi center
2. Nehru Bomma Center (opposite signal operated level crossing)
3. Pedda Gandhi bomma center
4. Potti Sree Ramulu bomma center
5. Paatimeeda (Ganesh Chowk) center
6. Venkateswara Theatre center (Bus stand center)
7. Nanaglamma Gudi center
8. Railway station center
9. Vidya nagar
11.Basivireddy peta 12.Jyothi colony
Nidadavole is an important railway junction in West Godavari district. A branch line goes to Tanuku from the main line between Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam. Recently it has been upgraded to computerised ticketing service and reservation facilities. Almost all express services between Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam stop here.
Haulage companies such as S.R.M.T.Ltd (Sri Ramadas Motor Transport Ltd) are the principal mode of public goods transport between towns in this area.
The Nidadavole overbridge of lengthe 700 mts was constructed between 1990 and 1992 it was never officially opened till date and is being used since 1992 without any lighting.
Before the road and train networks were in place, transport was dependent on water. The Nidadavole Wharf was quite famous then; over time the prominence of water transport has faded.
- Govt Hospital
- Susrutha Nursing Home
- Dr. Jyothi Hospital near kalva gattu
- Poornima Nursing Home
- Amma Hospital
- Surya Nursing Home
- Dr.Sri Ram Murthy Hospital
- Children's Hospital
- Smt Rajeswari Ramakrishnana Lions Eye Hospital
- Amrutha Hospital—reference vasu, ramnagar.
- Murty Hospital - ENT specialist - reference Ramana, Old Town
- Vemulapalli dental clinic,dr.raju's hospital compound,patimeeda'.
- karim super specialty hospital ,near tvs showroom compound,patimeeda'.
At the moment Nidadavole lagging behind in development. Towns near Nidadavole Rajahmundry, Tanuku , Tadepalligudeum are rapidly developing when compared to Nidadavole.
- St Ambrose High School for Boys
- St Ann's High SchoolBala
- ZPH school for Girls
- Bharathi Public School
- N.T.R M high school
- Meher Nivedita Convent
- St. Ambrose high school
- Vidya Deep school
- Takkari baba elemantary school
- Nagarjuna school sankarapuram
- rajeev school nidadavolu
- Govt.Junior College for Boys
- Govt.Junior College for Girls
- S.V.R.K Govt.Degree College for Men
- S.V.D Degree College for Girls
- Perousia Jr college
- NAGARJUNA JUNIOR COLLEGE Sankarapuram
- Vikas junior college Samisragudem
- Vikas degree college Samisragudem
I T I
- Sanjay Gandhi Memorial ITI
- Nagarjuna College for Education
- Sruthi college of Education
- Prem Institute of Career Education
There are 16 village panchayats in Nidadavolu mandal.
- Samsrigudem (village and major panchayat)
- Purushothapalli (village and panchayat)
- Vijjeswaram (village and panchayat)
- D Muppavaram (village and panchayat)
- Pandalperu (village and panchayat)
- Brahamangudem (village and panchayat)
- Kamsalapalem (village and panchayat)
- Pendayala (village and panchayat)
- Kalavacharala (village and panchayat)
- Municipality (village and panchayat)
- Timmarajempalem (village and panchayat)
- Gopavaram (village and panchayat)
- Korupalli (village and panchayat)
- Singavaram (village and panchayat)
- Tadimalla (village and panchayat)
- Unakaramilli(village and panchayat)
- Katakoteswaram(village and panchayat)
- Korumamidi(village and panchayat)
- jeedigunta ( village and panchayat)
- Ravimetla (Village and panchayat)
State of Andhra Pradesh Capital : Hyderabad Topics Districts Major cities Portal : Andhra Pradesh
korumamidi (village and panchayat)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nidadavole — Original name in latin Nidadavole Name in other language Nidadavol, Nidadavole State code IN Continent/City Asia/Kolkata longitude 16.9027 latitude 81.67451 altitude 19 Population 44173 Date 2013 02 08 … Cities with a population over 1000 database
Ongole — ఒంగోలు Ongole city … Wikipedia
Goud — The Goud or Idiga ( te. గౌడ్) are one of the castes in India. The Goud are one of the largest castes in Andhra Pradesh comprising more than 17% of its population. Gouds are involved in soma and Ayurvedic medicine developers in ancient days who… … Wikipedia
Markapur — city … Wikipedia
Chirala — చీరాల Chirala town … Wikipedia
Chagallu — village … Wikipedia
Mortha — village … Wikipedia
List of India-related articles — Articles (arranged alphabetically) related to India or Indian culture include: NOTOC List of India related topics People are listed by their first names. 1231 SGM 3 STR 2002 Gujarat violence 2005 in India ( previous years ) 2004 Indian Ocean… … Wikipedia
Mangalagiri — town … Wikipedia
Chittoor — This article is about the municipality in India. For its namesake district, see Chittoor district. Not to be confused with Chittor or Chittur. చిత్తూరు Chittoor city … Wikipedia