Cranfield School of Management
Cranfield School of Management Established 1967 Type Business School Director Frank Horwitz BA(SocSci) HDPM MPM PhD Location Cranfield, United Kingdom Campus Rural Website http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk
Cranfield School of Management is part of Cranfield University and a leading business school in the world. Cranfield University has provided management training since the late 1940s. The first MBA programme was run in 1964, but the School of Management was founded later in 1967.
- 1 Programmes
- 2 Rankings
- 3 Centre for Customised Executive Development (CCED)
- 4 Strategic Partnerships
- 5 Alumni
- 6 Advisory board
- 7 References
- 8 External links
- 9 See also
The average age or the student body is 33 years with on average 9 years of business experience, and from more than 40 different nationalities.
A one-year programme with four terms of teaching starts in September each year and has an intake of up to 150 students.
The programme starts in January each year and has a combined intake (Part-time and Modular) of up to 100 students.
Cranfield School of Management offers three full time MSc programmes:
- Finance & Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Marketing.
MSc in Finance and Management
The MSc in Finance and Management is a one year programme started in 2004. Its current director is Sunil S. Poshakwale.
The school provides a PhD and executive doctorate (DBA).
Open Executive Education
Cranfield School of Management run a varied portfolio of Open Executive Education Programmes. The topic areas covered by the school are:
- General Management Development
- Personal Impact and Development
- Growing Businesses
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Marketing, Sales and Client Relationships
- Operations, Programme Management and IS
- Financial Strategy
- 1st in the UK and 3rd worldwide in The Wall Street Journal ranking of accelerated M.B.A. programs in 2009 
- 26th in the world overall, 6th for top salaries today in Europe, 9th in the world for value for money, 10th in the world for career progress and our Economics teaching group is ranked 2nd in the world by the Financial Times Full-time MBA rankings
- 2nd in the UK and 5th in the world (non-us) by Forbes Magazine 
- The Financial Times Executive Education Survey 2009 of business schools ranked the school No. 2 in the UK for executive education.
- In the Financial Times Executive Education Custom Rankings 2009, Cranfield was ranked No.1 in the UK, and in the top 5 European Schools, for programme preparation and follow-up; teaching methods and materials; the quality of faculty and the relevance of new skills and learning.
- No. 11 in Europe in the 2009 QS Global 200 Business Schools Report.
Centre for Customised Executive Development (CCED)
The Centre offers a complete development process that includes: strategic consultancy, organisational and individual diagnostics, assessment and development centres and programme design and delivery. Interventions are highly customised to client needs and often integrate on-line and networked learning, business simulations and real-life project work. Working with more than 60 corporate and public sector clients each year, CCED has strong relationships with many UK and international organisations.
In the Financial Times Executive Education Custom Rankings 2009, Cranfield was ranked No.1 in the UK, and in the top 5 European Schools, for programme preparation and follow-up; teaching methods and materials; the quality of faculty and the relevance of new skills and learning.
Cranfield has formal strategic alliances with:
- Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Virginia, USA
- China Europe International Business School, Shanghai
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India
- Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas, São Paulo, Brazil
- WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar, Germany
The Cranfield Management Association (CMA) is the alumni body of Cranfield School of Management. Established in 1976, the CMA is an international network of professional managers from all aspects of business, the professions, the public and not-for-profit sectors. In 2009 the alumni network includes more than 12,000 professional managers in over 120 countries worldwide.
- Riz Lateef - Main presenter, BBC London News
- John McFarlane - CEO, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited
- Nigel Doughty - CEO, Doughty Hanson & Co
- Ted Tuppen - CEO, Enterprise Inns Plc
- William Alden - Chairman Alden Group UK
- Ian Odgers - Partner Odgers, Ray & Berndtson
- Andy Bond - CEO, Asda
- Andy Harrison - CEO, EasyJet
- Elena Ambrosiadou - CEO & Founder, Ikos Partners
- Michael Wemms - chairman, House of Fraser plc
- Michael Averill - CEO, Shanks Group plc
- Kate Avery - Group Director, Legal and General
- Michael Smith - CEO, Ladbrokes
- Patrick Dunne - Director, 3i
- Christopher Littmoden - CEO, Marks & Spencer (N America)
- Hilary Williams - Chief Executive, Girl Guide Association
- Andrew Rickman - Founder, Bookham Technology
- Crispin Blunt - Member of Parliament for Reigate
- Tom Merchant - CEO, Universities Superannuation Scheme Ltd
- Antony Jenkins - CEO, Barclaycard UK
- Martin, Collard - Director Corporate Banking EMEA, Bank of America Merrill Lynch UK
- Iyer, Sunder - Managing Director, Bank of America Merrill Lynch USA
- Jenny, Ireland - Managing Director, Morgan Stanley UK
- Mark, Arena - Managing Director, UBS USA
- Marco, Schaller - Managing Director, UBS Switzerland
- Kim Parish - CEO, Institute of Leadership & Management
- Dominic Von Trotha Taylor - CEO, PayPoint Limited
- Peter Gorbing - CEO, Dogs for the Disabled
- Warren East - CEO, ARM Holdings Ltd
- Charlie Mayfield - Chairman, John Lewis Partnership
- David Smith - CEO, Cable & Wireless UK
- Mark Woodall - CEO, climate change capital
- John Reay - CEO, London Bridge Hospital
- Lord Karan Bilimoria - CEO, Cobra Beer Ltd
- Jennie Price - CEO, WRAP Waste and Resources Action
- Sanjay Kapoor - CEO, Bharti Airtel,Largest cellular service provider in India
- John Hull - Professor of Derivatives and Risk Management at the University of Toronto
On 23 February 2010 the school established an advisory board that meets twice a year to give counsel in respect to the school's strategic direction, including positioning of the school internationally and enhancing its networks.
- Elena Ambrosiadou (MBA 1988) - CEO, IKOS
- Kate Avery (MBA 1992) - Government, Advisory Committee Member
- Theo Backx - Former Chairman of Sony Europa & President of MBX International BV
- Lord Karan Bilimoria CBE DL (BGP 1998) - Chairman of the Cobra Beer Partnership
- Andy Bond (MBA 1993) - CEO ASDA
- Bill Cockrum - Professor of Finance at UCLA Anderson School of Management in the USA
- Nigel Doughty (MBA 1984) - Chairman Doughty Hanson
- Rosalind Gilmore CB - Member of the board at Zurich Financial Services
- Joe Greenwell - Chairman Ford of Britain
- Andy Harrison (MBA 1983) - CEO easyJet plc
- Peter Hindle MBE - General Delegate, St Gobain UK, Ireland & South Africa
- Professor Frank Horwitz - Director of Cranfield School of Management
- Keith Howells (MBA 1986) - Managing Director, Mott MacDonald Ltd
- Dr Ali Jawad - Senior Advisor Department of Economic Development UAE
- Baroness Denise Kingsmill CBE - Non-Executive Director, British Airways
- Robert Kovach - Director Cisco Center for Collaborative Leadership
- Juan Manini (MBA 2004) - Director General, Elastogran Italia Spa (BASF Group)
- John McFarlane (MBA 1975) - Former CEO, ANZ Banking Group
- Christine Miles (EMBA 1991) - Divisional General Manager, East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- David Molian (MBA 1986) - Chairman of the Cranfield Management Association, the School’s alumni body
- David Pitt-Watson - Chairman Hermes Equity Ownership Services
- David Richards - Chairman, Prodrive & Aston Martin
- Tony Russell - Director Senior Executive Development, L’Oreal, France
- Professor Lynette Ryals (PhD 03) - Director of Demand Chain Management, Cranfield School of Management.
- Hilary Sears (MBA 1982) - Chairman of the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Bill Thomas (MBA 1992) - Former Senior Vice President & General Manager Hewlett Packard EMEA
- Professor Alan Waller OBE (MSc 71) - Visiting professor at Cranfield and President of the Institute of Logistics
- Robert Wright (MBA 1982) - Founder & Non-Executive Director of Wizzair
- ^ http://breeze.cranfieldonline.com:8080/p69571177/
- ^ http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk/som/p13691/Programmes-and-Executive-Development/MBA/Your-MBA-programme/Full-time-MBA
- ^ http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk/som/p13692/Programmes-and-Executive-Development/MBA/Your-MBA-programme/Executive-MBA
- ^ "QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2009 North America". http://www.topmba.com/mba-rankings/global-200-business-schools-report/top-business-schools-2009/north-america.
- ^ http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk/som/p13197/Programmes-and-Executive-Development/CCED-Home/Who-do-we-work-with
- ^ http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk/som/p604/About-Cranfield/Strategic-Alliances
- ^ Alumni stats http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk/som/p14171/About-Cranfield/Alumni
- Cranfield School of Management
- Cranfield School of Management on Twitter
- Cranfield School of Management MBA student diaries
- Cranfield University website
Academic Schools Locations Other
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cranfield School of Applied Sciences — The School of Applied Sciences (SAS), Cranfield University, formerly the School of Industrial and Manufacturing Science (SIMS), operates across materials, manufacturing, natural resources and sustainable systems. The School’s focus is on research … Wikipedia
Cranfield University School of Management — Vorlage:Infobox Hochschule/Professoren fehlt Cranfield University Motto Post Nubes Lux Gründung 1946 … Deutsch Wikipedia
Cranfield School of Engineering — The Cranfield School of Engineering is one of the schools of Cranfield University, an English University located on the Cranfield campuses in Bedfordshire. It is a postgraduate research institute. The School is specialised in aerospace… … Wikipedia
Cranfield University — Crest Motto Latin: Post Nubes Lux; Out of darkness, light  Established 1993 gained University Statutes by … Wikipedia
Cranfield Airport — IATA: none – ICAO: EGTC Summary Airport type Private … Wikipedia
Cranfield University — Vorlage:Infobox Hochschule/Professoren fehlt Cranfield University Motto Post Nubes Lux Gründu … Deutsch Wikipedia
Cranfield Institute — The Cranfield Institute for Safety, Risk and Reliability (commonly referred to simply as The Cranfield Institute) is a part of Cranfield University in the UK. It is primarily a teaching and research facility, but also offers safety related… … Wikipedia
School of Oriental and African Studies — The School of Oriental and African Studies Arms of SOAS Motto Knowledge is Power Established 1916 Type Public … Wikipedia
Université de Cranfield — Devise Post Nubes Lux Nom original Cranfield University Informations Fondation 1943 (officiellement depuis 1993) Type Université publique Localisation … Wikipédia en Français
Universite de Cranfield — Université de Cranfield Université de Cranfield Devise Post Nubes Lux Nom original Cranfield University Informations Fondation 1943 (officiellement depuis 1993) … Wikipédia en Français