Gianni (Giovanni) Rufini was born in
Romein 1954. He is an expert of international aid, former Director of VOICE, the Network of European NGOsworking in Emergency and Humanitarian Aid(1997-2001).
A former media-man, with a background in anthropology, since 1985, he has worked in development and humanitarian aid for several International NGOs (Relief International, Movimondo, Handicap International,
ActionAid, Intersos, NCCI, ReC) and UNagencies ( FAOand UNDP-UNOPS). From 1985 to 1994, he has carried out field work in India Ghana, Palestineand Argentinaas Programme Director, in activities ranging from rural development to health aid and assistance to street children. He has been engaged in over 60 missions in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and the Balkans for project identification, monitoring and evaluation.
Since 1996 he is Associate of the Post-war Reconstruction and Development Unit, at the
University of York(UK). He is Course Coordinator at the Institute for International Political Studies( ISPI) in Milan, the " La Sapienza" University in Rome and the Bocconi University in Milan. He is lecturer of humanitarian aid at the universities of Paris Sorbonne(DESS), Madrid (Carlos III), Washington (American University), Brussels (ULB), the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studiesof Pisa, Legon (Ghana), John Cabot Universityand others. He is also a Research Director with CeSPI and Programme Director for the Humanitarian Training Centre "Fields".
He is also member of the Steering Committee of ActionAid International Italia, the Aid in Conflict Project, the Editorial Board of Humanitarian Affairs Review (Brussels) and The Humanitarian Times (Washington).
* P. Calvi Parisetti e G. Rufini - Nell'emergenza. Teoria e pratica dell'aiuto umanitario. Gignos Institute - Ginevra 2006
* with Alpaslan Ozerdem - Humanitarianism and The Principles of Humanitarian Action in Post-Cold War Context - in S. Barakat (ed.), After the Conflict: Reconstruction and Development in the aftermath of * Conflict - Palgrave Macmillan - London 2005
* (with S. Aprile and M.S. Marcos) Civil-military relations in PSOs. The Italian experience, CIMIC and future perspectives - CeSPI - Rome 2005
* AA.VV. - Geopolitica dello Tsunami - O Barra o Edizioni - Milano 2005
* Vent'anni di umanitario, dal boom alla disillusione - in Tra crisi umanitarie e azione umanitaria in crisi. Medici Senza Frontiere - Novembre 2004
* Silvia Aprile e Gianni Rufini - La cooperazione allo sviluppo e l'attività umanitaria: quale concetto di politica estera? - in Le sfide esterne e di sicurezza per la UE - a cura di Rosa Balfour e Roberto Menotti - Cemiss - Roma 2004
* L'aiuto umanitario - in Lavorare nella cooperazione internazionale - Torino 2004
* Iraq: il costo della ricostruzione - in Aspenia - Aspen Institute Italia - April 2003
* Silvia Aprile, Antonio Marchesi, Gianni Rufini, Iacopo Viciani: Civilian power or political dwarf? * The sustainability of the Development European model in the making of its foreign policy, the case of European intervention in crisis situations - Fields, Rome - June 2003
* Preface to Tony Vaux - L'altruista egoista - Turin 2002
* La nouvelle dynamique des crises humanitaires. Penser et agir autrement - actes du rencontre-débat - Haut Conseil de la Coopération Internationale, Paris 2002
* Doing the right thing - in Focus: Balkans, Brussels 2000
* Faire pour le mieux - in Focus: Balkans, Bruxelles 2000
* Il ruolo delle ONG nell'emergenza - in "Dopo la guerra" - Movimondo, Rome 2000
*Quelles politiques d'intervention pour les ONGs humanitaires Européennes? - in "Etikuma 99" - Bioforce/Univ. Paris I, Paris 2000
*Partnership, agreements and framework of Humanitarian Aid - Proceedings of the Conference: "Europe And Humanitarian Aid - What Future? ", Bad Neuenahr 1999, University of Bochum, Bochum 2000
*El Niño: a case study in Disaster Preparedness, Humanitarian Affairs Review, Brussels 1999
*The Potential of NGOs in Negotiation and Mediation, Peacekeeping and International Relations, vol.26, n°2, Canadian Institute of Strategic Studies, Toronto, 1995
*Peacekeeping and the Coming Age of NGOs, Peacekeeping and International Relations, vol.25, n°1, Canadian Institute of Strategic Studies, Toronto, 1995
*The NGOs Component in New Peacekeeping Partnership, a Presentation, "L.B.Pearson" Peacekeeping Training Centre, Clementsport, 1995
*(Editor) Mapa de Riesgos sociales y ambientales en barrios marginales del Conurbano Bonaerense, Ricerca e Cooperazione, Buenos Aires 1993
*Options to enhance Community Participation in FAO Tropical Forestry Action Programme - ed. by Grazia Borrini, FAO-UNICOS, Roma, 1992
*Analysis of Five National Exercises of TFAP, FAO-UNICOS, Roma, 1992
*Primary Environmental Care - Un caso di studio in Ghana, Atti del Seminario sulla PEC, Siena - Roma, 1992.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of United Nations-related topics — This is a list of topics related to United Nations.United Nations* United Nations * United Nations System * United Nations Compensation Commission * 1996 shelling of Qana * 2005 World Summit * 2006 United Nations Security Council election * 2010… … Wikipedia