Maharashtra Pollution Control Board
Maharashtra Pollution Control Board महाराष्ट्र प्रदूषण नियंत्रण मंडळ महाराष्ट्र प्रदूषण नियंत्रण मंडळ Official logo of MPCB Agency overview Formed 7 September, 1970 Jurisdiction Government of Maharashtra Headquarters Sion, Mumbai-400051 Agency executive Mrs. Valsa R.Nair Singh, Chairman Website http://mpcb.gov.in/
The Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (Marathi: महाराष्ट्र प्रदूषण नियंत्रण मंडळ) (established September 7, 1970) implements a range of environmental legislation in the state of Maharashtra, India. The MPCB functions under the administrative control of Environment Department of the Government of Maharashtra.
It is mainly responsible for:
- Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974,
- Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981,
- Water (Cess) Act, 1977
- Some of the provisions under Environmental (Protection) Act, 1986 and the rules framed under this like:
- Biomedical Waste (M&H) Rules, 1998,
- Hazardous Waste (M&H) Rules, 2000,
- Municipal Solid Waste Rules, 2000 etc.
It was established under the provisions of Maharashtra Prevention of Water Pollution Act, 1969.
Some of the important functions of MPCB are;
- To plan comprehensive program for the prevention, control or abatement of pollution and secure executions thereof,
- To collect and disseminate information relating to pollution and the prevention, control or abatement thereof,
- To inspect sewage or trade effluent treatment and disposal facilities, and air pollution control systems and to review plans, specification or any other data relating to the treatment plants, disposal systems and air pollution control systems in connection with the consent granted,
- Supporting and encouraging the developments in the fields of pollution control, waste recycle reuse, eco-friendly practices etc.
- To educate and guide the entrepreneurs in improving environment by suggesting appropriate pollution control technologies and techniques
- Creation of public awareness about the clean and healthy environment and attending the public complaints regarding pollution.
- Awaaz Foundation is an Non-governmental organization in India, works towards preserving and enhancing environment and for other socially oriented causes.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Maharashtra State Electricity Board — Type Government owned Industry Electricity Generation, Electricity Transmission, Electricity Distribution Founded June 20, 1960 Headquarters … Wikipedia
Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation — महाराष्ट्र औद्योगिक विकास महामंडळ Official logo of MIDC Agency overview Formed 1 August 1962 … Wikipedia
Maharashtra Police — Maharashtra State Police Department महाराष्ट्र राज्य पोलिस Abbreviation म.पो. Logo of Maharashtra Police Motto … Wikipedia
Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission — Agency overview Formed August 5, 1999 (1999 08 05) (12 years ago) Jurisdiction … Wikipedia
Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation — Type Public limited company Industry Road construction Predecessor Public Works Department Headquarters … Wikipedia
Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation — महाराष्ट्र पर्यटन विकास महामंडळ Official logo of MTDC Agency overview Formed 1975 Jurisdiction … Wikipedia
Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority — महाराष्ट्र गृहनिर्माण व क्षेत्रविकास प्राधिकरण Official logo of MHADA Agency overview Formed 1977 Jurisdiction … Wikipedia
Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation — महाराष्ट्र राज्य मार्ग परिवहन महामंडळ Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation Official logo of MSRTC Info Owner Government of Maharashtra Locale … Wikipedia
Government of Maharashtra — State Emblem Seat of Government Mumbai Execut … Wikipedia
Tarapur, Maharashtra — Infobox Indian Jurisdiction native name = Tarapur | type = city | latd = 19.85 | longd = 72.7 locator position = right | state name = Maharashtra district = Thane leader title = leader name = altitude = 10 population as of = 2001 population total … Wikipedia