116 Cardinal one hundred [and] sixteen Ordinal 116th
(one hundred [and] sixteenth)
Numeral system 114 Factorization Divisors 1, 2, 4, 29, 58, 116 Roman numeral CXVI Binary 11101002 Octal 1648 Duodecimal 9812 Hexadecimal 7416
116 is a noncototient, meaning that there is no solution to the equation m − φ(m) = n, where φ stands for Euler's totient function. 116! + 1 is prime. There are 116 ternary Lyndon words of length six, and 116 irreducible polynomials of degree six over a three-element field, which form the basis of a free Lie algebra of dimension 116. There are 116 different ways of partitioning the numbers from 1 through 5 into subsets in such a way that, for every k, the union of the first k subsets is a consecutive sequence of integers. There are 116 different 6×6 Costas arrays.
In other fields
One hundred sixteen is also:
- The prefix for several EU-wide telephone helplines designated as harmonised service of social value
- The atomic number of an element temporarily called ununhexium
- The number of years that the Hundred Years' War between France and England, from 1337 to 1453, actually lasted
- The fire emergency telephone number in Peru
- The record for number of wins in a single season of Major League Baseball achieved by the Chicago Cubs in 1906 and the Seattle Mariners in 2001.
- The number of pages in the Lost 116 pages, the original manuscript of what Joseph Smith, Jr. said was the translation of the Book of Lehi, of the Golden plates revealed to him in 1827
- List of highways numbered 116
- National longevity recordholders
- Oldest people
- 116th Street (Manhattan)
- 116th Street Crew, a mafia crew named after the Manhattan street
- The 116 Clique, a group of Christian rappers from Dallas, TX named after the Bible verse Romans 1:16
- ^ Sloane's A005278 : Noncototients: n such that x-phi(x)=n has no solution. The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation..
- ^ Sloane's A002981 : Numbers n such that n! + 1 is prime. The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation..
- ^ Sloane's A027376 : Number of ternary irreducible polynomials of degree n; dimensions of free Lie algebras. The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation..
- ^ Sloane's A007052 : Number of order-consecutive partitions of n. The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation..
- ^ Sloane's A008404 : Number of Costas arrays of order n, counting rotations and flips as distinct. The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation..
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Number 3-1 Youth Hostel Chengdu — (Чэнду,Китай) Категория отеля: Адрес: No.1, Lane 3, Celebrity Garde … Каталог отелей
Number 1's (Mariah Carey) — Ones Album par Mariah Carey Sortie 16 novembre 1998 Enregistrement 1989 1998 Durée 73:13 Genre(s) Pop, R B … Wikipédia en Français
Number of the Beast — For other uses, see Number of the Beast (disambiguation). The number of the beast is 666 by William Blake. The Number of the Beast (Greek: Άριθμὸν τοῦ θηρίου, Arithmon tou Thēriou) is a term … Wikipedia
Number theory — A Lehmer sieve an analog computer once used for finding primes and solving simple diophantine equations. Number theory is a branch of pure mathematics devoted primarily to the study of the integers. Number theorists study prime numbers (the… … Wikipedia
Number 1's (Mariah Carey album) — The correct title of this article is #1 s (Mariah Carey album). The substitution or omission of the # sign is because of technical restrictions. #1 s … Wikipedia
Number 1's (album de Mariah Carey) — #1 s Compilation par Mariah Carey Sortie 17 novembre 1998 Enregistrement 1988 1998 … Wikipédia en Français
Wikipedia:List of Wikipedians by number of edits — Shortcuts: WP:NOE WP:WBE WP:EDITS WP:MOSTEDITS This is a list of Wikipedians ordered by number of edits in the English language Wikipedia. Edits in all namespaces are counted; deleted edits have been included in recent versions. Click… … Wikipedia
STS-116 — Infobox Space mission mission name = STS 116 insignia = Sts 116 patch.png shuttle = Discovery crew members = 7 launch pad = LC 39B launch = 2006 12 09 8:47:35 p.m. EST (2006 12 10 01:47:35 UTC) landing = 2006 12 22 5:32:00 p.m. EST (22:32:00 UTC) … Wikipedia
United States lightship Chesapeake (LV-116) — The United States lightship Chesapeake (LV 116) is owned by the National Park Service and on a 25 year loan to the Baltimore Maritime Museum in Baltimore, Maryland. Since 1820, several lightships have served at the Chesapeake lightship station… … Wikipedia
117 (number) — 117 (one hundred [and] seventeen) is the natural number following 116 and preceding 118. ← 116 118 → 117 ← … Wikipedia