The Aryan Brotherhood in Oz
Aryan Brotherhoodin the TV series Oz is a gang of white supremacistinmates led by Vernon Schillinger.
Throughout the series, they have a feud with the Muslim inmates, inmate
Tobias Beecherand several others who come across their path. They are shown as one of the most hateful gangs to the viewers as several of their atrocities involve racism, rape, sadism, and a general lack of humanity. To be an Aryan in Oz involves having pure white blood and a demonstration of fearlessness through killing preferably a higher ranking black inmate. Schillinger is also the supervising inmate in the mail room, the work detail that the Aryans are assigned to and work throughout the series' duration.
Episodes Pertaining to The Aryans
Episodes that center around the Aryan Inmates of Oz include the following:
* Episode 1.1 "The Routine" -
Vern Schillingersaves Tobias Beecher from Black inmate Simon Adebisijust to make him a sex slave, Muslim inmate Kareem Saidarrives and is seen as a threat by Schillinger.
* Episode 1.6 "To Your Health" - The Aryans and Bikers continue to ridicule Tobias Beecher who then attacks Schillinger.
* Episode 1.8 "A Game of Checkers" - After being blinded and defecated on by Beecher, Schillinger begs Unit Manager
Tim McManusto come back into Em City as he is trying to make parole. Scott Ross leads both the Bikers and Aryans during a riot that explodes in Emerald City.
* Episode 2.1 "The Tip" - New Aryan inmate James Robson forces Tobias Beecher to perform oral sex on him, however, Beecher turns the table by biting the tip of Robson's penis
* Episode 2.2 "Ancient Tribes" - Beecher tries to destroy Schillinger's parole, Vern asks the other Aryans, Bikers, Italians, Latinos, and Homeboys to kill him, all of whom refuse and then attempts to bribe CO Diane Wittlesey to do the deed but is set up by Beecher and McManus on a conspiracy charge.
* Episode 2.3 "Great Men" -
Warden Glynninforms Schillinger that he is looking at 10 more years in Oz, Vern is then attacked by some random Black inmates and decides the Brotherhood needs to build back up their reputation, Schillinger and Mack then kill Jewish inmate Alexander Vogelto earn respect from their fellow inmates.
* Episode 2.4 "Losing Your Appeal" - The Aryans rape a gay inmate
Richie Hanlonand then CO Karl Metzger(an Aryan member) forces him to admit to murdering Alexander Vogel to clear Schillinger of the charge, new inmate Chris Kellerarrives and agrees to help the Aryans break down Tobias Beecher.
* Episode 2.8 "Escape From Oz" - Metzger is named the head CO of Emerald City, the Aryans crucify a Catholic priest imprisoned for child molestation,
Mark Mackdies after going through a tunnel that Busmalis dug, Beecher gets his arms and legs broken by Keller and Schillinger.
* Episode 3.1 "The Truth and Nothing But..." - Metzger's role as an Aryan is discovered, Vern exposes Muslim inmate Kareem Said's feelings about a white woman, the Aryans and Bikers alliance is temporarily ended, Keller testifies against the Aryans and Vern goes to the hole, Beecher kills Metzger.
* Episode 3.3 "Legs" -
James Robsonharasses inmate Cyril O'Reilywhom the Aryans raped and then loses to him in a boxing match, Schillinger agrees to protect Black inmate Augustus Hillfrom the Homeboys, Vern's oldest son Andrew arrives in Oz but is ignored by the Aryans as he is a drug addict.
* Episode 3.5 "U.S. Male" - Andrew's friendship with Keller, O'Reily, and Beecher worries Vern whom Andrew then openly rejects after successfully getting off his drug addiction, Vern then feels no choice but to have Andrew overdose on heroin.
* Episode 3.7 "Secret Identities" - Racial tension begins to build in Oz, Beecher in an attempt to resolve personal issues confesses to manipulating Andrew against Vern, a fight breaks out that puts the Aryans and Muslims at odds.
* Episode 3.8 "Out o' Time" - As the racial tension builds, Schillinger asks all the other Whites including the Jewish
Nikolai Stanislofskyto stick together amongst the racial tension, Oz is locked down with the Aryans chanting "Shut The Fuck Up" to the Black inmates.
1 "A Cock and Balls Story" - The Aryans are wary of the racial tension in Oz even after the lockdown ends, Vern's son Hank visits
* Episode 4.4 "Works of Mercy" - Vern employs Hank to kidnap Tobias Beecher's kids and as the FBI investigates, suspicion is drawn towards Keller instead. Schillinger covers his tracks paying inmate
Eli Zabitzto convince Beecher Keller is responsible.
* Episode 4.7 "A Town Without Pity" – Hank is freed from the kidnapping charges on a legal technicality and unknowing to Vern, Tobias pays
Chucky Pancamoto order the murdering of Hank, as more White inmates are transferred into Unit B, Vern suggests that McManus do something to manage the "ghetto" that has developed in Emerald City.
* Episode 4.8 "You Bet Your Life" – A black man attempts to assassinate the Governor causing the White inmates to chant for his murder, Vern learns that he is going to be a grandfather when Hank’s girlfriend Carrie shows up claiming she is pregnant.
* Episode 4.10 "Conversions" – The Bikers and Aryans are re-allied and a fight breaks out between them and the Muslims resulting in Robson being sent to the hole, Black inmate
Leroy Tiddlends his services to the Aryans to murder Kareem Said, Schillinger is comforted by a new inmate Reverend Cloutier and Robson temporary takes charge of the Brotherhood.
* Episode 4.12 "Cuts Like A Knife" – Inmate
Fred Wickdies in a prison experiment, Vern and Tobias are involved in an interaction session as a means of ending the violent past between the two until Glynn informs Schillinger that Hank’s body has been discovered, Robson sets to kill Beecher and kills his brother Angus but Chris Keller then confesses to the authorities that he ordered the hit instead of Beecher causing Vern to back away from Tobias.
* Episode 4.14 "Orpheus Descending" – The birth of Schillinger's grandchild causes suspicion when inmate
Curtis Bennettclaims Carrie was pimped out to several black men, an attempt on Said resulting in Tidd's death causes a trial for Aryan initiate Carl Jenkins who ends up giving Robson up in an interrogation, Schillinger then has Jenkins threatened and he ends up taking his own life.
* Episode 4.15 "Even the Score" - Angered by Tidd's death and a lack of evidence to convict James Robson, Said hospitalizes Robson and a threat of lockdown is issued against both the Aryan and Muslim inmates. Schillinger then sees Carrie asking her to do a paternity test to prove his grandchild's identity.
* Episode 4.16 "Famous Last Words" – Beecher's parole comes up and the Aryans wish to interfere with it, Said warns Vern Schillinger not to interfere but he is denied any way. Attempting to rape Beecher after the cancellation, Said defends Tobias and then is charged with attempted murder in a stabbing of Schillinger and Robson.
* Episode 5.1 "Visitation" - Said pleads guilty to attempted murder charges, Schillinger and Robson are released from the hospital and plan to go to war. Schillinger, however, is brought into interaction sessions by
Sister Petewith Beecher and Said. Schillinger's granddaughter is proven to be Hank's and she is the lone survivor of the bus crash.
* Episode 5.2 "Laws of Gravity" – Vern learns the truth about Hank's death and the Aryans attack the Italians hospitalizing Chucky Pancamo.
* Episode 5.3 "Dream a little Dream of me" - Vern is out of the hole and swears to finish the job on Pancamo. Peter Schibetta tries to prove he can run the Italians by taking on the Brotherhood single-handedly, but ends up getting gang-raped.
* Episode 5.4 "Next Stop: Valhalla" – The war between the Aryans and Italians brews with
Peter Schibettaundergoing psychiatric therapy from a raping in the previous episode. Two new young White inmates Adam Guenzeland Franklin Winthroparrive; Winthrop becomes the Aryans’ slave and Guenzel is saved from Robson by Frank Urbanoat the request of Chucky Pancamo. James Robson murders new Muslim inmate Ahmad Lalar.
* Episode 5.5 "Wheel of Fortune" - The Brotherhood is pleased with the current state of affairs concerning the Italians. Schillinger instructs Winthrop to tell Guenzel about Beecher's homosexual tendencies, which causes Guenzel to reject Beecher. Schillinger then offers Beecher a chance to see Keller regularly in exchange for Guenzel becoming his
prag. Beecher refuses.
* Episode 5.6 "Variety" - Robson goes to the dentist, who informs him he will need gum surgery. Robson proceeds to insult the dentist, a
Muslim, so the dentist gets revenge by implanting non-white gums onto his mouth. Meanwhile, the Bikers are pretending to befriend Guenzel. Beecher knows this and tries to warn Guenzel, but ends up getting beat down for his trouble. Beecher finally decides to accept Schillinger's offer and transfers to the mail room, while Guenzel is transferred to Unit B and Schillinger wastes no time breaking him in.
* Episode 5.7 "Good Intentions" – From a plan masterminded by Schillinger, Guenzel becomes the Aryan's prag and ends up dying when Vern is convinced he will speak out against his rapists. Robson learns the truth about a dental operation that has him cast out of the Brotherhood.
* Episode 5.8 "Impotence" – Robson is ignored by the Brotherhood and attempts to get back in through removing the offending gum tissue but fails. New inmate
Wolfgang Cutlerclaims he will kill Said to earn his Aryan membership but fails when Omar Whitestops him. Beecher testifies against Vern stating his involvement in Guenzel and Winthrop's rape resulting in Vern going to solitary indefinitely.
* Episode 6.1 "Dead Man Talking" - Vern is released from solitary by a 6-1 vote and Winthrop then offers Vern a deal to join the Brotherhood - He will kill Beecher's father if let in as a soldier, Vern accepts and Franklin kills Harrison Beecher.
* Episode 6.2 "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Smell No Evil" – An associate of Schillinger
Wilson Loewencomes to Oz for involvement in a KKKmurder and is saved by Beecher when choking on food, as a result Vern agrees not to interfere with Tobias's parole hearing. Robson comes begging for protection from Pancamo but is rejected by the Aryans led by Winthrop, Cutler however protects Robson in exchange for sexual servitude.
* Episode 6.5 "4Giveness" – Cutler dies and Robson is let back into the Aryans as a result.
Miguel Alvarezis the sole beneficiary of Cutler's death certificate and is threatened by Schillinger as a result. The man who killed Kareem Said Lemeul Idzikcomes to Oz in Unit J where Schillinger offers him protection until he finds out that Idzik is Jewish. Beecher's parole is short lived and Keller then in the following episode re-allies himself with Schillinger. Robson, haunted by his raping, assaults his wife and then in the following episode remorsefully goes to a prison rape victims support group.
* Episode 6.8 "Exeunt Omnes" – In the previous episode, Robson learned he was HIV positive and was transferred to Unit F as a result. Before going, he stated his appreciation for the help that the rape victims had given him. He also allows
Clarence Seroy, a black prisoner, to have sex with him, knowing full well that Seroy will be infected with HIV as a result. With the lead part of MacBeth, Schillinger conspires to kill Beecher with Keller but is turned on and dies during the play. Earlier, Alvarez is beat down when the Aryans suspect him of seeing Cutler's widow in a more than friendly manner. A package is sent to the Aryans in the mail room filled with anthraxand every Aryan working in the mail room dies and Oz is then evacuated.
As the Aryans are a main group, they are featured prominently in many more episodes as well.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Aryan Brotherhood — In San Quentin State Prison, California Years active 1964–present Territory federal prison system, California, Texas, New York, Indiana, Ohio and Arizona … Wikipedia
Aryan Brotherhood — Variation des Zeichens der Aryan Brotherhood Aryan Brotherhood (engl. für „Arische Bruderschaft“), auch genannt The Brand, abgekürzt AB, ist eine amerikanische Gang von vorwiegend europäischstämmigen Weißen, die im Jahr 1967 im kalifornischen San … Deutsch Wikipedia
Aryan Brotherhood — (AB) Date de fondation 1967 Fondé par Blue Bird Gang Lieu Californie Territoi … Wikipédia en Français
Aryan brotherhood — (AB) Date de fondation 1967 Fondé par Blue Bird Gang Lieu Californie Territoire États Unis Année active 1967 actuellement Éthnies prés … Wikipédia en Français
The Aryan Path — was an Anglo Indian theosophical journal published in Bombay, India from 1930. Its purpose was to form a nucleus of universal brotherhood of humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste or color; to study ancient and modern religions … Wikipedia
Barry Mills (Aryan Brotherhood) — Barry Byron Mills (born 1948) is a leader of the Aryan Brotherhood (AB) prison gang. In March 2006, Mills, along with three other leaders of the Aryan Brotherhood, including Tyler Bingham, were indicted for numerous crimes, including murder,… … Wikipedia
Michael Thompson (Aryan Brotherhood) — Michael Thompson is a leader in the Aryan Brotherhood (AB) prison gang. He has been in prison since 1973, and has been sentenced to additional life terms for crimes committed behind bars. Contents 1 Background … Wikipedia
Aryan Circle — The Aryan Circle (AC) is a white prison gang spread throughout many U.S. correctional facilites. Contents 1 Origins 2 Membership 3 Identifiers 4 Ideology … Wikipedia
The Bikers of Oz — are a White gang of inmates that are heavily tattooed and quick tempered. As white prisoners are the minority in the prison they are often in alliance with the Aryan Brotherhood as they are extremely close with its leader Vernon Schillinger.… … Wikipedia
The Art of War — (zh cp|c=|p=Sūn Zǐ Bīng Fǎ) is a Chinese military treatise that was written during the 6th century BC by Sun Tzu. Composed of 13 chapters, each of which is devoted to one aspect of warfare, it has long been praised as the definitive work on… … Wikipedia