Pennsylvania State University Paranormal Research Society
The Paranormal Research Society (PRS), a student group at The Pennsylvania State University, is one of the only known student
paranormalgroups in the United States. It was founded by Ryan Buellas a student organization on September 16th, 2001.
The society resides in
State College, Pennsylvania.
During the first two years of the society, the group catered mostly to college students who preferred an extra-curricular outlet for their paranormal interest. By the fourth year the group opened up to experts and professionals of various fields including
psychology, chemistryand forensic science.
The group has been embraced by several professionals in the paranormal community, although its only stake in academia is being a group of undergraduate students. PRS also hosts a paranormal conference every October called UNIV-CON.
Last year, PRS and A&E announced that they were developing a television show, titled
Paranormal State: a docu-drama that chronicles the lives of the investigators and PRS' cases. The series launched in December 2007.
* [http://www.pennstateprs.com Penn State Paranormal Research Society website]
* [http://www.paranormalstate.com A&E TV Paranormal State website]
* [http://www.wpsu.org/television/streams/Paranormals_Live!.html PA Inside Out: Live]
* [http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2006/04/04-06-06tdc/04-06-06dnews-07.asp Club May Get TV Exposure]
* [http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2005/10/10-17-05tdc/10-17-05dnews-03.asp Real ghosthunters share spooky footage at paranormal event]
* [http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2005/10/10-13-05tdc/10-13-05dnews-01.asp Talk of Ghosts and Supernatural Comes to Penn State]
* [http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2004/10/10-26-04tdc/10-26-04dscihealth-01.asp Group analyzes Paranormal Activity]
* [http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2004/08/08-04-04tdc/08-04-04dnews-03.asp Paranormal Society Helps Sci Fi Channel]
* [http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_263539.html Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Article] just added
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Pennsylvania State University — Infobox University name =The Pennsylvania State University motto = We are Penn State! established =1855 type =Land Grant, state related calendar = semester endowment =US $1.59 billioncite web | title = All Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2007… … Wikipedia
List of Pennsylvania State University people — This is a list of famous individuals associated with the Pennsylvania State University, including graduates, former students, and professors. Contents 1 Alumni 1.1 Art and literature 1.2 Business and industry 1.3 … Wikipedia
State College, Pennsylvania — Infobox Settlement official name = State College nickname = motto = imagesize = 200px image caption = Downtown State College, during 2005 Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts mapsize = 250px mapsize1 = 250px subdivision type = Country… … Wikipedia
Magic (paranormal) — For related ideas, see Magic (disambiguation). Magia redirects here. For other uses, see Magia (disambiguation). Magical redirects here. For the song, see Magical (song). Circe Offering the Cup to Ulysses by John William Waterhouse Magic … Wikipedia
New Castle, Pennsylvania — Not to be confused with New Castle Township, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. Coordinates: 40°59′50″N 80°20′40″W / 40.99722°N 80.34444°W … Wikipedia
Spiritualism (beliefs) — This article is about the spiritualistic beliefs and practices. For other uses of spiritualism, see Spiritualism (disambiguation). Spiritualism is a dualist metaphysical belief that the world is made up of at least two fundamental substances,… … Wikipedia
List of common misconceptions — This incomplete list is not intended to be exhaustive. This is a list of current, widely held, false ideas and beliefs about notable topics which have been reported by reliable sources from around the world. Each has been discussed in published… … Wikipedia
Stephen Barrett — Infobox Person image size = 150px name = Stephen J. Barrett, MD caption = birth date = 1933 birth place = New York City death date = death place = occupation = Psychiatrist, Author, Consumer Advocate, Webmaster website = Stephen J. Barrett (born… … Wikipedia
Witchcraft — For other uses, see Witchcraft (disambiguation). Witch redirects here. For other uses, see Witch (disambiguation). The classic image of the witch astride a besom broom … Wikipedia
Pseudoskepticism — The term pseudoskepticism (or pseudoscepticism ) denotes thinking that appears to be skeptical but is not. The term is most commonly encountered in the form popularised by Marcello Truzzi, where he defined pseudoskeptics as those who take the… … Wikipedia