Cuanza Norte Province
Cuanza Norte or Kwanza Norte is a province of Angola. N'Dalantando is the capital and it has an area of 24,110 km² and a population of approximately 400,000. According to 1988 US government statistics, the province has a population of 365,100, with just 18,000 living in urban areas. Manuel Pedro Pacavira was born here and is a former provincial governor. The Capanda Dam is located in this province. Cuanza Norte lies on the northern back of the Cuanza River.
Município Capital Area (km2) Pop. (2006 est) Ambaca Camabatela 3,080 123,244 Banga Banga 1,260 23,284 Bolongongo Bolongongo 1,061 31,288 Bula-Atumba Bula 3,604 56,718 Cambambe Dondo 5,212 91,984 Cazengo N'Dalatando 1,793 109,256 Dembos Quibaxe 2,444 58,941 Golungo Alto Golungo Alto 1,989 69,918 Gonguembo Gonguembo 1,400 37,405 Lucala Lucala 1,718 41,792 Pango-Aluquém Pango 2,754 45,680 Quiculungo Quiculungo 475 30,152 Samba Cajú Samba Cajú 2,012 95,638
- Aldeia Nova
- Golungo Alto
- Kilombo dos Dembos
- Samba Cajú
- Samba Lukala
- São Pedro da Kilemba
- Zenza do Itombe
- ^ a b "Reference Center: Provinces". Angolan Embassy in the United States. Archived from the original on 11 Feb 2006. http://web.archive.org/web/20060211115650/http://www.angola.org/referenc/provinces.html.
- ^ a b c "Angola Statistics: Kuanza Norte". GeoHive. http://www.geohive.com/cntry/angola.aspx?levels=Kuanza%20Norte. Retrieved 28 Feb 2010. "Source: Instituto Nacional de Estatística, Angola. Instituto Nacional de Segurança Social, Angola."
- ^ a b c d e f "Angola Statistics: Bengo". GeoHive. http://www.geohive.com/cntry/angola.aspx?levels=Bengo. Retrieved 28 Feb 2010.
- ^ a b (Portuguese) "Bengo: Municípios". Info-Angola. http://www.info-angola.ao/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=38&Itemid=65. Retrieved 27 Feb 2010.
- ^ (Portuguese) "Kwanza-Norte: Comunas". Info-Angola. http://www.info-angola.ao/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=313&Itemid=346. Retrieved 27 Feb 2010.
- US government statistics from 1988
- Angolan embassy in the UK official population statistics
Provinces of Angola Municipalities of Angola Bengo Province Benguela Province Bié Province Cabinda ProvinceBelize · Buco Zau · Cabinda · Cacongo Cuando Cubango Province Cuanza Norte Province Cuanza Sul Province Cunene Province Huambo Province Huíla Province Luanda Province Lunda Norte Province Lunda Sul Province Malanje Province Moxico Province Namibe Province Uíge Province Zaire Province
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cuanza Sul Province — Cuanza Sul is a province of Angola. It has an area of 55,660 km² and a population of approximately 600,001. Sumbe is the capital of the province. Municipalities in this province include Porto Amboim, Seles, Conda, Amboim, Quilenda, Libolo,… … Wikipedia
Cuanza-Nord — 9° 01′ 00″ S 15° 04′ 00″ E / 9.016667, 15.066667 … Wikipédia en Français
Cuanza River — The Cuanza River in Angola The Cuanza River (also spelled Coanza, Kwanza, Quanza, or Kuanza) is a river in Angola. It empties into the Atlantic Ocean just south of the nation s capital, Luanda. Rich biodiversity has been found in the Angolan… … Wikipedia
Cuando Cubango Province — Cuando Cubango is a province of Angola and it has an area of 199,049 km² and a population of approximately 140,000. Menongue is the capital of the province. The governor of the province is General Eusebio de Brito. According to 1988 US… … Wikipedia
Cunene Province — Cunene province Country … Wikipedia
Malanje Province — Malanje is a province of Angola. It has an area of 97,602 km² and a population of approximately 900,000. Malanje is the capital of the province. Municipalities in this province include Massango, Marimba, Cunda dia Baza, Caombo, Calandula, Cacuzo … Wikipedia
Namibe Province — Namibe is a province of Angola, previously known as Moçâmedes when under Portuguese rule. It has an area of 57,091 km² and a population estimated (2006, official) of 313,667. The port and city of Namibe is the capital of the province with a… … Wikipedia
Moxico Province — Moxico is the largest province of the African nation of Angola. It has an area of 223,023 km² and a population of approximately 230,000. Luena is the capital of the province. The Moxico province is known as the place where UNITA rebel leader… … Wikipedia
Bengo Province — Bengo is a province of Angola. Its capital is Caxito. According to 1988 statistics, there were 18,700 people living in urban areas with 137,400 in rural areas, with a total of 156,100 residents. [http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/cs/angola/ao appen.html] … Wikipedia
Topic outline of Angola — For an alphabetical index of this subject, see the List of Angola related articles. Angola, officially the Republic of Angola ( pt. República de Angola, pronounced IPA2|ʁɛ publikɐ dɨ ɐ̃ gɔlɐ kg. Repubilika ya Ngola), is a country in south central … Wikipedia