Jussi V. Koivisto
Dr. Jussi V. Koivisto is a Finnish economist and educator, who has also been active in business life.
Education and Career
Jussi V. Koivisto has earned a Doctor of Science in Economics (Dr.Sc.Econ.) degree from the
Helsinki School of Economicsin 1999, majoring in International Business. In other fields, his education also includes Master of Arts degree (1989) from University of Helsinki, majoring in Musicology, and D-Exam in Orchestral Conducting (1990) from the Sibelius Academy( Helsinki).
In Finland, Jussi V. Koivisto has lectured or conducted research at
Helsinki School of Economics, Helsinki University of Technology, University of Vaasa, University of Tampere, and the Research Institute of the Finnish EconomyETLA (Helsinki). Internationally, his academic experience includes Visiting Professor and Visiting Scholar assignments at Stanford University(Palo Alto, CA, U.S.), Tokyo University of Foreign Studies( Japan), University of Klagenfurt( Austria), and Korea Institute of Industrial Policy Studies( Korea).
In business life, Jussi V. Koivisto has held positions e.g. in
NokiaCorporation, with responsibility for international corporate mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and strategic alliances, Via Groupas director and strategy consultant, and TeliaSoneraCorporation, with responsibility for designing the architecture for major organisational and mode of operation changes. Additionally, he has consulted numerous firms in several countries. He also serves as a member of the Advisory Board of Cone Advisor Inc.
Jussi V. Koivisto has authored or co-authored books and articles on corporate
mergers and acquisitions, cross-cultural managementand organisation, international lawin e-business, technology strategy, business in Chinaand Japan, and the internationalisationof higher education. He has also produced a series of television documentaries on the internationalisation strategies and processes of Finnish enterprises.
In his research, Jussi V. Koivisto has done groundbreaking conceptualisation on the structure of cross-cultural organisations by creating the concept of cultural crossing. It describes the structure how the cross-cultural divide in an organisation is structured in terms of its
* Locus - i.e. where in the organisation the cultural interfacing takes place
* Modus - i.e. how the cultural interfacing is set up as to
** Interpersonal dimension, and
** Organisational dimension
* Focus - i.e. what is the equilibrium of influence directions in the interfaceWith these dimensions, the concept of cultural crossing has been used to analyse cross-cultural organiastions as to their
* Present state and structure and
* Longitudinal or historical development and evolution over time.The concept has also been used to analyse interfacing between organisational cultures in the context of integration of corporate mergers and acquisitions (
* "Dual Management", 1993
* "Finno-Asian Cooperation in the Field of Higher Education", Volumes I-II, 1997 (with Kristiina Korhonen and Anu Vuorela)
* "Cultural Heritages and Cross-Cultural Management" (doctoral dissertation), 1998
* "Which Law, Which Forum? Jurisdiction and Applicable Law in International Electronic Commerce", 2002 (with Pia Naarajärvi)
Other Research Publications
* "Distant Integration - The Policies and Practices for Cross-Cultural Management of Three Finnish Companies in Japan". Article in "Association of Japanese Business Studies Best Papers", edited by Allan Bird, 1993
* "The Response of Finnish Industries to the Integration Process of EC: A Replication of Earlier Israeli and Swedish Studies", 1993
* "Asianization" of the Finnish Academic Studies", Volumes I-III, 1997 (with Miia Huhtala)
* "Television Advertisements as Cultural Symbols: A Cross-Cultural Semiotic Analysis of a European and a Japanese Advertisement", article in "Journal of Cross-Cultural Competence in Management", 1999
* "The Concept of Cultural Crossing as a Tool for Analysing Cross-Cultural Organisations", article in "Journal of Cross-Cultural Competence in Management", 2000
* "Acquisition of Strategic Technology through International Corporate M&A", 2001 (with Matti Lampinen)
* "Yritysten kansainvälistyminen, globaali kilpailu ja monikulttuurinen toimintaympäristö", article in "Aukeavat ovet - Kulttuurinen moninaisuus Suomen globaalissa taloudessa", edited by Marja-Liisa Trux, 2001 (co-authored with Jyrki Ali-Yrkkö, Matti Lampinen and Pekka Ylä-Anttila), in Finnish
* "Conceptualising Cross-Cultural Organisations: Cultural Crossing with its Locus, Modus and Focus", 2001
* "Kulttuurienvälinen näkökulma kansainväliseseen yritykseen", article in "Kansainvälinen liiketoiminta", edited by Hannu Seristö, 2002, in Finnish
* "Crossing National and Corporate Cultures: In-Depth Analysis of the Cross-Cultural Organisation in the Integration of a Finnish Firm’s Acquisition Case in Hong Kong", article in "Journal of Cross-Cultural Competence in Management", 2002
* "Recruitment of Foreign IT Professionals in Finland", 2002 (with Minna Jukomaa and Marja Tahvanainen)
Television and Broadcast Productions
* "Internationalisation Strategies and Processes of Finnish Firms", a series of four television documentaries, produced by Jussi V. Koivisto, directed by Petri Männistö, 1997-1998
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Koivisto — has many meanings.Persons named Koivisto: * Anu Koivisto, Finnish backstroke swimmer * Mauno Koivisto, Finnish president * Jussi V. Koivisto, Finnish economist * Tom Koivisto, Finnish ice hockey player * Markku Koivisto, Finnish revival… … Wikipedia
Tarmo Koivisto — (born July 3 1948 in Orivesi) is a Finnish comics artist and writer, cartoonist, and graphic artist. He is best known for his ongoing comic strip Mämmilä . Koivisto is also known by his artist name Tape.BiographyKoivisto graduated from the… … Wikipedia
List of Finns — This is a list of people from Finland, i.e. of noted Finns: Actors *Ida Aalberg (1858 ndash; 1915) *Aino Ackte (1876 ndash; 1944) *Jouko Ahola *Olavi Ahonen *Irina Björklund *Liisa Evastina *Peter Franzén *George Gaynes *Gina Goldberg *Anna Leena … Wikipedia
University of Helsinki — is not to be confused with either the Helsinki University of Technology or the University of Art and Design Helsinki. University of Helsinki Helsingin yliopisto Helsingfors universitet … Wikipedia
Cross-cultural communication — (also frequently referred to as intercultural communication, which is also used in a different sense, though) is a field of study that looks at how people from differing cultural backgrounds communicate, in similar and different ways among… … Wikipedia
Helsinki School of Economics — Infobox University name = Helsinki School of Economics native name = Helsingin kauppakorkeakoulu latin name = Universitatis Oeconomicae Helsingiensis established = 1911 motto = chancellor = Matti Lehti, Ph.D. type = Public campus = Urban, Inner… … Wikipedia
Tokyo University of Foreign Studies — Infobox University name = Tokyo University of Foreign Studies native name = 東京外国語大学 established = 1873 / 1949 motto = None type = Public (National) endowment = N/A president = Dr. KAMEYAMA, Ikuo faculty = 257 staff = N/A undergrad = 3,847… … Wikipedia
Liste der olympischen Medaillengewinner aus Finnland/Winter — Dieser Teil der Liste der olympischen Medaillengewinner aus Finnland enthält die Medaillengewinner der Olympischen Winterspiele aus Finnland. Für die Sommerspiele siehe Liste der olympischen Medaillengewinner aus Finnland/Sommer. Finnland ist ein … Deutsch Wikipedia
Disco Ensemble — Disco Ensemble, performing in Hamburg, 28. September 2008 Background information Origin Ulvila, Finland … Wikipedia
Liste der Weltmeister im Skilanglauf — Jelena Välbe ist mit 14 Goldmedaillen die erfolgreichste WM Teilnehmerin … Deutsch Wikipedia