Octet may refer to:
- Octet (music), ensemble consisting of eight instruments or voices, or composition written for such an ensemble
- Octet (Beethoven), 1793 composition by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Octet (Mendelssohn), 1825 composition by Felix Mendelssohn
- Octet (Reich), 1979 composition by Steve Reich
- Octet (Schubert), 1824 composition by Franz Schubert
- Octet (Stravinsky), 1923 composition by Igor Stravinsky
- Octet (Christensen), 1958 ballet by Willam Christensen
- Octet (Martins), 2003 ballet by Peter Martins
- Octet (computing), a grouping of eight bits
- Octet rule, chemical theory stating that atoms tend to combine so they each have eight valence electrons
- Octet stream, alternative name for byte stream
- Octet truss, type of space frame
- 8 (disambiguation)
- Eightfold Way (physics), theory organizing subatomic baryons and mesons into octets
- Octal, base-8 number system
- Octave (poetry)
- Octetra, sculpture by Isamu Noguchi
- String octet
- Violin octet
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.