- Magnum Research
Magnum Research, Inc. Type Incorporation Founded 1979 Headquarters Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States Products Firearms Website MagnumResearch.com
Magnum Research Inc. (MRI) is a privately held corporation based in Fridley, Minnesota which manufactures and distributes firearms. The majority owners, Jim Skildum (President and CEO) and John Risdall (Chairman and COO), have been with the company since its founding in 1979. In June 2010, Kahr Arms, an American based producer of compact pistols, announced its purchase of the Minnesota-based firearms manufacturer.
MRI was responsible for the design and development of the Desert Eagle pistol. The design was refined and the actual pistols were manufactured by Israel Military Industries until 1995, when MRI shifted the manufacturing contract to Saco Defense in Saco, Maine. In 2000 MRI moved manufacturing back to IMI, which later reorganized under the name Israel Weapon Industries. Both Saco and IMI/IWI were strictly contractors: all of the intellectual property, including patents, copyrights and trademarks are the property of Magnum Research.
MRI offers custom gunsmithing services and has a line of guns that are coated with titanium nitride in artful patterns and designs. The newest TiN coated gun comes in a "Tiger Stripe" pattern which was developed by Molecular Metallurgy Inc.
Magnum Research imported the IMI/IWI Jericho 941 series of pistols under the Baby Eagle name until the end of 2008 and resumed importation of this model in 2011 under the name Baby Eagle II. Currently, the Baby Eagle name is used on a new series of striker-fired polymer-framed pistols. For a time they also imported the Barak SP-21 pistol, but it is no longer offered. Other products include the BFR series of single-action magnum revolvers, the Mountain Eagle rifle, Magnum Lite rifle, and Micro Desert Eagle.
=== Current models ===
- Desert Eagle (Mark VII Pistol, Mark XIX Pistol)
- Magnum Lite (rim-fire rifle)
- Magnum Research BFR(Big Frame Revolver)
- Micro Desert Eagle (.380 ACP)
- Mountain Eagle (center-fire rifle)
- New Baby Eagle "Fast Action"
- Desert Eagle 1911 (.45 ACP)
- Baby Eagle II
- Original Baby Eagle (9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP)
- Lone Eagle (single-shot center-fire pistol for rifle cartridges)
- Magnum Research SP-21
- Mountain Eagle pistol (.22 LR)
- ^ "Kahr Purchases Magnum Research Inc." (Press release). Kahr Arms. June 10, 2010. http://www.magnumresearch.com/docs/kahrandmagnumresearch.pdf. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- ^ Taffin, John (2005). "The Desert Eagle of Magnum Research". Guns Magazine 30 (8).
- ^ a b Hartink, A.E. (2002). The Complete Encyclopedia of Pistols and Revolvers. Edison, New Jersey: Chartwell Books, Inc. pp. 165–167. ISBN 978-0-7858-1519-8.
- ^ Bodinson, Holt (1999). "Extreme Revolvers". Guns Magazine (3).
- ^ Spomer, Ron (1997). "Tradition or High Tech". Sporting Classics 12 (5).
- ^ "Micro Desert Eagle" (Press release). ESPN Outdoors. January 16, 2009. http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/news/story?id=3838325. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Magnum Research BFR — BFR BFR in .45/70 Govt with custom grips Type Revolver Place of origin … Wikipedia
Magnum Research Baby Eagle — Infobox Weapon name=Baby Eagle/Jericho 941 caption=Jericho 941F origin=flag|Israel type=Semi automatic pistol is ranged=yes service= used by=IPCA Israel RENEA ROKASWC wars= designer= design date= manufacturer=Israel Weapon Industries production… … Wikipedia
Magnum — (from Latin: magnum, neuter (nominative singular) of magnus neutral form, meaning great) may refer to several things: Contents 1 Weaponry 1.1 Handguns … Wikipedia
Magnum — Das Wort Magnum (lateinisch für „das Große“) bezeichnet eine zusätzliche Kaliberangabe, siehe Magnum (Kaliber) den US Waffenhersteller Magnum Research die NATO Bezeichnung des Flugzeugs Jakowlew Jak 30 (1948) eine amerikanische Fernsehserie,… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Magnum, P.I. — Magnum, P.I. Title card (seasons 3 8) Genre Crime drama Created by Donald P. Bellisario Glen A. Larson … Wikipedia
Magnum Crimen — … Wikipedia
Magnum (satellite) — Magnum is the code name for a class of SIGINT spy satellites reportedly operated by the National Reconnaissance Office for the United States Central Intelligence Agency. The program remains classified, and the information that exists is… … Wikipedia
Magnum Bonum — Pomme de terre Magnum Bonum Les plantes potagères, Vilmorin Andrieux, 1891. Type consommation Obtenteur James Clark Pays … Wikipédia en Français
.357 Magnum — Infobox Firearm Cartridge name=.357 Magnum caption=.357 Magnum ammunition origin=United States type=Handgun designer=Elmer Keith and Phillip B. Sharpe design date=1934 parent=.38 Special case type=Rimmed, straight bullet=.358 neck=.379 shoulder=… … Wikipedia
.500 S&W Magnum — Comparaison entre le .44 Magnum à gauche et le .500 S W Magnum à droite. Le .500 S W Magnum est une munition pour revolver de très gros calibre, développée par Smith Wesson et présentée le 9 janvier 2003. C est alors la plus puissante munition… … Wikipédia en Français