- Metropolitan Travel Survey Archive
As of 2007, the archive held 58 surveys comprising 2,718,329 trip records, 516,108 person records, 219,097 household records, 173,354 vehicle records, and 528,847 location records. Similar to this U.S. archive, an international archive of travel survey date has been suggested so that this service is expanded into more countries.
The motivation behind the archive is to forestall the loss of electronic files and documentation of surveys, which has befallen previous surveys. These surveys are both costly to conduct, and irreplaceable as it is impossible to reconstruct past records of human travel behavior. The archive was established with funding from the United States Department of Transportation.
- ^ a b Levinson, David (Summer 2007). "Metropolitan Travel Survey Archive" (pdf). TMIP Connection: The Traffic Model Improvement Program Newsletter. FHWA-HEP-07-032 (College Station, Texas: Texas Transportation Institute and United States Department of Transportation): 6. http://www.webcitation.org/5gRlLiGDX. Retrieved May 1, 2009. Archived from the original on May 1, 2009.
- ^ Levinson, David; Zofka, Ewa (2006). "The Metropolitan Travel Survey Archive: A Case Study in Archiving". In Stopher, Peter; Stecher, Cheryl (Google books). Travel Survey Methods. Elsevier and Emerald Group Publishing. pp. 223-238. ISBN 978-0080446622. http://books.google.com/books?id=qJsdL_TtH2YC&pg=PR17&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=0_1#PPA223,M1. Retrieved May 1, 2009. "A related solution for archiving problems would be to create an International Travel Survey Archive (ITSA)"
- ^ Metropolitan Travel Survey Archive Available as Off-Site Archive in Urban Transportation Monitor Volume 19, No. 20, pp.1,9 Nov. 11, 2005
- ^ "Metropolitan Travel Survey Archive". Washington, DC: United States Department of Transportation. Archived from the original on May 1, 2009. http://www.webcitation.org/5gRjTrJhh. Retrieved May 1, 2009. "The United States Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Transportation Statistics has funded a project at the University of Minnesota to develop a Metropolitan Travel Survey Archive to store, preserve, and make publicly available, via the internet, travel surveys conducted by metropolitan areas, states and localities."
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Travel survey — A travel survey (or travel diary or travel behavior inventory) is a survey of individual travel behavior. Most surveys collect information about an individual (socio economic, demographic, etc.), their household (size, structure, relationships),… … Wikipedia
Travel behavior — is the study of what people do over space, and how people use transport. The questions studied in travel behavior are broad, and are very much related to activity analysis and time use studies.* How many trips do people make? * Where do they go?… … Wikipedia
Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority — MARTA redirects here. For the county bus system in California, see Mountain Area Regional Transit Authority. Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority … Wikipedia
Time use survey — A Time Use Survey is a statistical survey which aims to report data on how, on average, people spend their time. Objectives The objective is to identify, classify and quantify the main types of activity that people engage in during a definitive… … Wikipedia
Nash Metropolitan — Metropolitan 1957 Metropolitan Manufacturer BMC for Nash and AMC Also called Hudson Metropolitan Metropolitan by … Wikipedia
Atlanta metropolitan area — Metro Atlanta redirects here. For the transit agency, see Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority. Metro Atlanta Atlanta Sandy Springs Marietta, Georgia MSA CSA … Wikipedia
Washington Metropolitan Area — Washington – Arlington – Alexandria MSA Washington D.C … Wikipedia
List of online databases — This is a list of online databases accessible via the internet.0 9* 10eastern A B ;A * Acronym Finder * Adult Film Database * aeiou Encyclopedia * Airdisaster.com * Airliners.net * All Media Guide * Allmovie * Allmusic * African American Registry … Wikipedia
MTSA — The initials MTSA could stand for: * Metropolitan Travel Survey Archive * Mobile Telecommunications Sourcing Act * Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002 … Wikipedia
New York City — This article is about the city. For other uses, see New York City (disambiguation). New York, New York and NYC redirect here. For other uses, see New York, New York (disambiguation) and NYC (disambiguation). New York City … Wikipedia