List of Ojamajo Doremi characters
This is a list of characters from the Japanese magical girl anime television series Ojamajo Doremi.
- 1 Main characters
- 2 Secondary Characters
- 3 Doremi's classmates
- 4 Other characters
- 5 Notes
Doremi Harukaze (春風どれみ Harukaze Doremi ), (born July 30, 1990) is the protagonist. Doremi reflects a typical maho shojo: lively to the point of being noisy, a poor student, clumsy and careless though very compassionate, and has shown to be boy-crazy in earlier seasons. She proclaims herself to be "the unluckiest prettiest girl in the whole world." Her name is a play on the first 3 notes of the musical scale: Do, Re, and Mi. Her fairy is Dodo, and is very much like Doremi. Doremi's theme color is pink and her crystal is a pink bean. Her personal spell is "Pirika Pirilala Popolina Peperuto", while in Magical Stage her spell is "Pirika Pirilala Nobiyaka Ni".
Hazuki Fujiwara (藤原はづき Fujiwara Hazuki ), (born February 14, 1990) is a friend of Doremi since kindergarten. She is a shy, passive and sweet girl, and she tends to be one of the smartest students in her school. In a few episodes of Ojamajo Doremi, Hazuki and her classmate, Masaru Yada, are shown to have feelings for each other. Her fairy is Rere, a caring fairy who shares Hazuki's traits. Hazuki's theme color is orange and her crystal is an orange heart. Her personal spell is "Paipai Ponpoi Puwapuwa Puu", while her spell in Magical stage is "Paipai Ponpoi Shinayaka Ni".
- Voiced by: Yuki Matsuoka (Japanese), Chiharu Watanabe (Ojamajo Kids), Annice Moriarty (English)
Aiko Senō (妹尾あいこ Senō Aiko ), (born November 14, 1990) is an extravert girl. She is a transfer student from Osaka and speaks in Kansai-ben, a Japanese dialect originating in Osaka. Her parents are divorced, so she lives with her father, a taxi driver, while her mother, a nurse, works in Osaka. She loves both her parents very much and wishes for them to get back together, even going so far as to attempt forbidden magic to do so. In the end, she and her parents move back to Osaka and lives happily with them and her grandpa. Her fairy is Mimi, the toughest of the fairies. Aiko's theme colour is blue and her crystal is a blue diamond. Her spell is "Pameruku Raruku Laliloli Poppun", while her spell in Magical Stage is "Pameruku Raruku Takaraka Ni".
- Voiced by: Rumi Shishido (Japanese), Makoto Takeda (Ojamajo Kids), Jessica Calvello (English)
Onpu Segawa (瀬川おんぷ Segawa Onpu ), (born March 3 1990) is a famous Japanese idol who became a witch apprentice of Majo Ruka, a rival of Majo Rika. She is cold-hearted at first, but becomes kind and selfless by spending time with Doremi and her friends. She lives with her mother, who used to be a idol herself before an accident traumatized her; she is now her daughter's agent. Her father, a railroad engineer, is constantly away from home due to work. Her fairy is Roro, who shares her "my pace" style of work. Onpu's theme color is purple and her crystal is a purple tear. Her spell is "Pururun Purun Famifami Fa", while her spell in Magical Stage is "Pururun Purun Suzuyaka Ni".
- Voiced by: Nami Miyahara (Japanese), Chisato Maeda (Ojamajo Kids)
Momoko Asuka (飛鳥ももこ Asuka Momoko ) (born May 6, 1990) is a transfer student from New York City and was the apprentice of the late Majo Monroe. She becomes friends with Doremi and the others, who teach her how to speak Japanese. Her most prized possession is an earring given to her by Majo Monroe before she died; in fact, she loved Majo Monroe so much that she even attempted to use forbidden magic to bring her back to life, shattering her crystal in the process and resulting in her continued apprenticeship under Majo Rika. Momoko returns to America at the end of the series. Her fairy is Nini, who can speak English when in human form like Momoko can. Momoko's theme color is yellow and her crystal is a yellow three-leaf clover. Her spell is "Perutan Pepton Paralila Pon", while her spell in Magical Stage is "Perutan Pepton Sawayaka Ni".
- Voiced by: Ikue Ohtani (Japanese), Tsugumi Shinohara (Ojamajo Kids)
Hana Makihatayama (巻機山花 Makihatayama Hana ) (born March 25, 2000) was a baby born from the Witch Queen Rose, a large blue rose in the Witch Queen's Garden that produces a new baby every 100 years as successor to the throne. Hana is given to Doremi to be cared for after she stumbles across her. In Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n!, she transforms herself into an 11-year-old so she could attend school with her "Mama" and takes on the name of Hana Makihatayama. Hana returns to the Witch World with Majo Rika and the fairies in the end. Her fairy is Toto, who is as excitable as Hana. Hana's theme color is white and her crystal is a white sphere. While she doesn't need a spell to cast magic, she made up one for herself "Pororin Pyuarin Hana Hana Pi"
Pop Harukaze (春風ぽっぷ Harukaze Poppu ), (born September 9, 1994) is Doremi's younger sister. She attends Sonatine Kindergarten for the first half of the series and then moves on to Misora First Elementary School in the later half. Pop accidentally discovers Doremi's magical powers in the first season and as such becomes a witch as well. She acts older than her age and is more responsible than her older sister. Her fairy is Fafa, who's shy and timid, but has a sisterly relationship with Dodo. Pop's theme color is red and her crystal is a red four-leaf clover. Her personal spell is "Pipito Purito Puritan Peperuto", while her spell in Magical stage is "Pipito Purito Hogaraka Ni".
Majo Rika (マジョリカ Majorika ) owns and unsuccessfully manages the Maho-dou. This short-tempered witch dubs herself Rika Makihatayama (巻機山リカ Makihatayama Rika) and lives in the human world. Caught by Doremi, she was cursed and transformed into a magic frog. Majo Rika later gains more witch apprentices, each a bit of a handful for her, thus leading her to call them (especially Doremi) Bothersome Witches (おジャ魔女 Ojamajo ), but in reality, she does care for them. In the end, she goes back to the Witch World with Hana and the fairies. Her crystal is a lilac sphere.
- Voiced by: Megumi Takamura (Japanese) / Andi Whaley (English)
Lala (ララ Rara ), is Majo Rika's fully grown fairy. Unlike Majo Rika, she is friendly, mature, and more willing to help. Her human-world disguise is a white cat.
Class 1 (in 5th and 6th grades)
Former Class 1 (in 3rd and 4th grades)
- Takuro Hagiwara (萩原たくろう Hagiwara Takurō): He plays guitar, and his father, Tetsurou Hagiwara, was a member of Evergreen, a once famous rock band.
- Takeshi Hasebe (長谷部たけし Hasebe Takeshi): He had a confrontation with Yada, but later became a good friend. He is also Mutsumi's old friend.
- Ichiro Hirano (平野いちろう Hirano Ichirō)
- Koji Ito (伊藤こうじ Itō Kōji): Nicknamed "Zico", he is Kotake's good friend.
- Hajime Kikuchi (菊池はじめ Kikuchi Hajime)
- Hiroko Kine (木根ひろこ Kine Hiroko): A girl with a strong sense of justice who She later becomes Dai Morikawa's good friend.
- Junji Manda (万田じゅんじ Manda Junji)
- Miho Maruyama (丸山みほ Maruyama Miho): Gifted in the visual arts, Miho draws a manga based on a story by Nobuko. Though conflicted with Aiko over her close friendship with Nobuko, Aiko helps her overcome her apparent inferiority complex.
- Sora Miyamae (宮前空 Miyamae Sora)
- Dai Morikawa (森川だい Morikawa Dai)
- Kayoko Nagato (長門かよこ Nagato Kayoko): A girl suffering from school refusal who, from 2nd term of her 4th school year (2000) to around Christmas 2001, refused attend school because of her scolionophobia (fear of school), which was prompted by being bullied on a number of occasions.
- Masayoshi Nakajima (中島正義 Nakajima Masayoshi): A son of a policeman. He ran away from his home for a few times, although he does respect his father deep inside.
- Kenji Ogura (小倉けんじ Ogura Kenji): Although he is handsome, wise, and athletic, he tries to become a comic relief, forming the owarai (comedy) duo Toyoken with Toyokazu.
- Kotaro Okajima (岡島小太郎 Okajima Kotarō)
- Masato Rinno (林野まさと Rinno Masato)
- Natsumi Sato (佐藤なつみ Satō Natsumi): A daughter of a Christian church running family. She is Nobuaki's good friend, although their families suffer from a persistent conflict.
- Keiko Yamamoto (山本けいこ Yamamoto Keiko)
Former Class 2 (in 3rd and 4th grades)
- Itoko Hamada (浜田いとこ Hamada Itoko)
- Tetsuya Kotake (小竹哲也 Kotake Tetsuya): A childhood friend of Doremi, Kotake is brash and teases Doremi, often calling her "Dojimi" (a pun on the word "clumsy"). Though he can't admit it easily, he begins to harbor feelings toward her in Dokkan, which he confesses in the last episode
- Mutsumi Kudo (工藤むつみ Kudō Mutsumi)
- Nanako Okada (岡田ななこ Okada Nanako)
- Naomi Okuyama (奥山なおみ Okuyama Naomi)
- Kaori Shimakura (島倉かおり Shimakura Kaori): A school newspaper reporter wearing glasses and who always bears a camera, and is a close friend of Reika.
- Toyokazu Sugiyama (杉山豊和 Sugiyama Toyokazu)
- Reika Tamaki (玉木麗香 Tamaki Reika): She is a rich girl with a very strong ego. She often quarrels with Doremi and others. Later in the series, she befriends Momoko.
- Masaru Yada (矢田まさる Yada Masaru): Hazuki's childhood friend
- Nobuko Yokokawa (横川 信子 Yokokawa Nobuko)
Class 2 (in 5th and 6th grades)
Former Class 1 (in 3rd and 4th grades)
- Kenta Iizuka (飯塚けんた Iizuka Kenta)
- Sachiko Ijuuin (伊集院さちこ Ijūin Sachiko)
- Noriko Kano (加納のり子 Kanō Noriko)
- Yuko Koyama (小山ゆうこ Koyama Yūko)
- Yoko Manda (万田ようこ Manda Yōko)
- Aya Matsushita (松下あや Matsushita Aya)
- Jun Sato (佐藤じゅん Satō Jun)
- Manabu Takagi (高木まなぶ Takagi Manabu)
- Yukari Umeno (梅野ゆかり Umeno Yukari)
- Mint Wada (和田みんと Wada Minto)
- Kazuya Yoshida (吉田かずや Yoshida Kazuya)
Former Class 2 (in 3rd and 4th grades)
- Kota Amano (天野こうた Amano Kōta)
- Shino Hanada (花田志乃 Hanada Shino): A foreign-grown girl who often receives culture shocks from living in Japan, like Momoko.
- Ryota Hayashi (林りょうた Hayashi Ryōta)
- Maki Higuchi (樋口まき Higuchi Maki)
- Kanae Iida (飯田かなえ Iida Kanae)
- Takao Kimura (木村たかお Kimura Takao): Tetsuya's good friend. He eventually becomes Marina's boyfriend.
- Marina Koizumi (小泉まりな Koizumi Marina): She has a crush on Takao, who eventually returns her affections.
- Masaharu Miyamoto (宮本まさはる Miyamoto Masaharu'): He has a rather severe crush on Sachiko.
- Goji Nakata (中田ごうじ Nakata Gōji): A computer geek with a massive crush on Onpu, his idol.
- Shiori Nakayama (中山しおり Nakayama Shiori): A classmate who appears sparingly in the first (and all subsequent) series due to illness.
- Yutaka Ota (太田ゆたか Ōta Yutaka)
- Yuji Sagawa (佐川ゆうじ Sagawa Yūji)
- Shota Taniyama (谷山将太 Taniyama Shōta)
- Michiaki Watabe (渡部みちあき Watabe Michiaki)
- Nobuaki Yamauchi (山内信秋 Yamauchi Nobuaki)
- Susumu Yanagida (柳田すすむ Yanagida Susumu)
- Majo Ruka (マジョルカ): Majo Rika's rival. She first appeared when Majo Rika lost the Maho-do to Dela in a heated card game, who then sold the shop to Majo Ruka. After Majo Rika got her shop back, Majo Ruka retreated to a beach where Onpu happened to discover her in the act of using magic, causing her to turn into a witch frog. By season 4, she returned to her original form.
- Hehe (へへ): She is Majo Ruka's fully grown fairy and is the opposite of Lala.
- Majo Monroe (マジョモンロー): A witch and close friend of the human, Momoko Asuka. Monroe was eventually caught by Momoko as she was returning from the Witch World and subsequently transformed into a witch frog. Majo Monroe ran a confectionery shop in New York until her untimely death.
- Mota (モタ) and Motamota (モタモタ): The proctors of the witch exams. During the second series, they took care of babies named Deki and Dekipaki.
- Dela (デラ): The Lunaverse Tax Collector. She visits the girls' and Majo Ruka's Magic Shop often to collect monthly and overdue payments. She also shows up occasionally bearing deliveries for the girls, like their Witch Apprentice Certificates (Certiwands), or information regarding their tests. Dela rarely gives anything away (even information) without a price.
- The Queen of the Witch World (魔女界の女王様 Majo-Kai no Jōsama): The witches' queen. As she hides her face behind a veil, nobody knows her true form. However, at the end of the fourth season, she reveals herself to be Yuki-sensei. Usually unbeknownst to the girls, she also has a habit of watching over them and occasionally steering them in particular directions.
- Majo Rin (マジョリン): The Queen's royal attendant.
- Majo Tourbillon (先々代の女王様 Zensendai no Jōsama): (マジョトゥルビヨン Majotourubiyon): The former queen of the Witch World, who married a human. After her husband and son died and her grandchildren left her, she was so depressed that she cast The Curse of Majogaeru, effectively preventing all witches from contacting humans, and then banished herself to the Cursed Forest. Her fairy is Baba.
- Majo Heart (マジョハート Majohaato): The doctor who runs the health examinations. She was also a foster parent to Majo Ran.
- Majo Don (マジョドン): The quintessential head of the Witch World's market exchange.
- Majo Pi (マジョピー) and Majo Pon (マジョポン): The two nurses who are very much alike in terms of voice and speech pattern and could be noted that they are twins despite the fact that Majo Pon's hair is brown while Majo Pi's hair is black.
- Majo Miller (マジョミラー): The witch in charge of the Witch Kindergarten.
- Majo Sloan (マジョスローン): One of the examiners for Doremi and the girl's Patissier Exam. She was an adventurer in her younger days and now is the director for the Witch Museum.
- Majo Ran (マジョラン): Majo Heart's daughter who she brought up as a foster child. She had the doubt in magic.
- The King of Wizard World: The king of wizard's realm. He was cursed to be a lizard because someone knows that he is a wizard. Later Hana restored him back and the Queen restores the wizard world.
- Alexander Tagosaku Oyajide (アレクサンドル・T・オヤジーデ Arekusandoru Tagosaku Oyajīde): A famous thief in the Wizard World. When he sneaked into the Witch World to steal the "bad cards" (groblings in the English adaptation), he accidentally released them in the human realm. Consequently, he was transformed to a yellow magical frog as a punishment and was sealed in the magical notebook PC for a long time. He helps Doremi to collect "bad-cards" as atonement. At the beginning of the second season Oyajide is freed from the PC when the young witches finish capturing all of the bad cards. However, he later returns as the series' chief antagonist when he is hired by Count Ojijide to kidnap Hana-chan. In the third season, Oyajide becomes a staff member in the witch kindergarten in order to make ends meet.
- Count Ojijide: A high ranking wizard.
- Fujio (不二雄): Hazuki's counterpart in the FLAT 4.
- Leon (レオン): Aiko's counterpart in the FLAT 4.
- Akatsuki (アカツキ): The leader of (and Doremi's counterpart in) a group of wizards known as the FLAT 4 (a name that is derived from their initials, it is also the musical opposite of a sharp). He is also the prince of the Wizard World, a fact unknown by even his teammates until he finally reveals his true title. Akatsuki has a romantic interest in Doremi, who reciprocates his affections, although they never become a couple throughout the course of the series.
- Tōru (徹): Onpu's counterpart in the FLAT 4.
- Keisuke Harukaze (春風渓介 Harukaze Keisuke): Doremi and Pop's father.
- Haruka Harukaze (春風はるか Harukaze Haruka): Doremi and Pop's mother.
- Akira Fujiwara (藤原明 Fujiwara Akira): Hazuki's father.
- Reiko Fujiwara (藤原麗子 Fujiwara Reiko): Hazuki's mother.
- Baaya (ばあや), real name Koyuki Ichikawa (市川小雪 Ichikawa Koyuki): The Fujiwara family's housekeeper and nanny to Hazuki.
- Koji Senoo (妹尾幸治 Senō Kōji): Aiko's father.
- Atsuko Okamura (岡村あつこ Okamura Atsuko): Aiko's mother.
- Tsuyoshi Segawa (瀬川剛 Segawa Tsuyoshi): Onpu's father.
- Miho Segawa (瀬川美保 Segawa Miho): Onpu's mother. A former idol, she is now Onpu's manager.
- Kenzo Asuka (飛鳥健三 Asuka Kenzō): Momoko's father.
- Minori Asuka (飛鳥みのり Asuka Mimori): Momoko's mother.
- Principal Kojo, a.k.a. Kojo-sensei: Misora Middle School's head teacher and principal.
- Vice Principal Kyoto, a.k.a. Kyoto-sensei: Misora Middle School's hardline vice principal. Unlike his superior, Kojo-sensei, he is rather strict in enforcing school rules.
- Seki (関), a.k.a. Seki-sensei (関先生): Doremi's homeroom teacher.
- Yuki (ゆき), a.k.a. Yuki-sensei (ゆき先生): The school nurse. She later reveales herself as the Queen of the Witch World.
- Yuka Nishizawa (西沢ゆ～か Nishizawa Yūka), a.k.a Nishizawa-sensei: The teacher of Aiko, Hazuki, and Onpu's class during the third and fourth series.
- Igarashi-senpei: Originally the team captain and often premier soccer player at Misora Elementary, he returns in later series as a coach due to an injury. Though often the subject of Doremi's infatuation (unbeknownst to him), he develops a relationship with Maki Takahashi, the soccer team's oft-reserved manager.
- Nozomi Waku (和久のぞみ Waku Nozomi), a.k.a Non-Chan: A leukemia patient and Doremi's new found friend in the hospital. She appears and passes away in the twelfth episode of Na-i-sho.
- Keiichi Harima (有馬 健一 Harima Keiichi ), a.k.a. Anrima (アンリマー Anrimā ): Aiko's childhood friend from Osaka and her fiancée.
- Fami (ふぁみ Fami ): A mysterious girl who appears in the last episode of Na-i-sho. She is Doremi's future granddaughter, who traveled through time using magic
Magical DoReMi series
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of Magical DoReMi characters — The following characters are from Magical DoReMi, the English Dub of Ojamajo Doremi. Every character is either a Main, Recurring, Secondary, Minor, Classmate, Witch, Fairy, or Wizard.Main CharactersThe main characters are the Witchlings of… … Wikipedia
Ojamajo Doremi discography — This is a list of the dozens of Ojamajo Doremi CD releases in Japan. Contents 1 Ojamajo Doremi 1.1 Ojamajo Carnival!! 1.2 Ojamajo CD Club Vol. 1: Ojamajo Vocal Collection 1.3 … Wikipedia
List of Magical DoReMi episodes — The first series of Ojamajo Doremi was originally aired on TV Asahi from February 7, 1999, to January 30, 2000, and lasted 51 episodes. It replaced the time slot for Yume no Crayon Oukoku and a new episode aired weekly. The series focuses on a… … Wikipedia
Ojamajo Doremi — Infobox animanga/Header name = caption = Ojamajo Doremi s musical theme is reflected in its logo ja kanji = おジャ魔女どれみ ja romaji = Ojamajo Doremi genre = Magical girl, ShōjoInfobox animanga/Manga title = author = Izumi Todo illustrator = Shizue… … Wikipedia
Ojamajo Doremi Sharp — Infobox animanga/Header name = Ojamajo Doremi # ja name = おジャ魔女どれみ# ja name trans = Ojamajo Doremi Sharp genre = Magical girlInfobox animanga/Anime title = director = Takuya Igarashi studio = Toei Animation network = TV Asahi first = 6 February… … Wikipedia
List of Kinnikuman films — Kinnikuman has had one TV special and seven theatrically released movies. Contents 1 Main cast 2 Showdown! The 7 Justice Supermen vs. The Space Samurais 3 Kinnikuman: Stolen Championship Belt … Wikipedia
Magical DoReMi — Ojamajo Doremi Ojamajo Doremi s musical theme is reflected in its logo おジャ魔女どれみ (Ojamajo Doremi, roughly: Bothersome Witch Doremi) Genre Ma … Wikipedia
Magical Chaser ~Stardust of Dreams~ — Official game logo Developer(s) Dakken Designer(s) Dakken … Wikipedia
Ai Nagano — 永野 愛 Born August 13, 1974 (1974 08 13) (age 37) Sakura, Chiba, Japan Occupation Voice actress Ai Nagano (永野 愛 … Wikipedia
Digimon Adventure — Logo used in the Japanese version (above) and the English version logo (below) … Wikipedia