name = GoldMine
latest release version =
latest release date =
latest preview version =
latest preview date =
operating system =
Microsoft Windows Vista (only)
Customer Relationship Management
license = Proprietary
website = [http://www.goldmine.com/ www.goldmine.com]
GoldMine is a
Customer Relationship Managementsoftware package. It is a database-driven application made by FrontRange Solutions. It is a Microsoft Windowsprogram that manages contact information as well as interaction with these contacts, such as calls made to and by the contact, email sent and received and sales.
* Contact Management: Maintain a list of contacts and their information, including custom data pertinent to your own business.
* Scheduling: Schedule various types of activities (calls, appointments, etc.) to occur between any combination of employee(s) and contact(s).
* Sales/Opportunity tracking: Track probabilities & close dates of simple and complex sales
* Networkable Groupware: The program can be used by a single user or simultaneously by groups of users in a windows network.
* Reporting: Analyze data with the built-in proprietary report engine or using 3rd party tools.
* Synchronize Data: Data can be synchronized with other GoldMine installations using GoldSync. Other native synchronization options include
Microsoft Outlook, Palm and Windows CE/Mobile devices.
* E-mail: RFC 822 compliant e-mail client works with
SMTPand POP3e-mail servers.
* Web Integration: GM+View area in the program allows external browser-based content to be seamlessly presented as part of the contact's data. This provides rich integration possibilities with internet and intranet-based data-driven pages.
GoldMine is available in four versions:
* Standard Edition: Utilizes
dBasedatabases only. Suitable for small to mid-sized installations. Available through version 6.7 only. On April 2, 2007, FrontRange CEO Michael McCloskey announced GoldMine Standard Edition would no longer be offered for sale after April 30, 2007, but supported until April 30, 2008.
* Corporate Edition: Defaults to
MSSQL7/2000/2005 database. 4.0 supported Interbase, MSSQL 6.5/7 and dBase with limited support for Oracle 7 & 8, Informixand DB2. 6.7 supports MSSQL 7/2000 and dBase. 7.0 supports MSSQL 7/2000/2005 and Firebird.
* Premium Edition: Defaults to MSSQL 2005 database. Can also use Firebird. Revamped UI and a customer service module are the primary differences between the Corporate and Premium Editions.
* Enterprise Edition: Browser based with an MSSQL 2005 database.
GoldMine Standard Edition, Corporate Edition and Premium Edition each utilizes a concurrent licensing system. With concurrent licensing, only X-number of people can log on at a given time (X being the number of licenses/seats). This means that 50 people could utilize a 25-user licensed installation of GoldMine as long as only 25 of them ever log in at the same time.
GoldMine Enterprise Edition uses Named Licensing, meaning that each user listed to use the application must have a license.
* [http://www.goldmine.com/ Official GoldMine web page]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
goldmine — gold‧mine [ˈgəʊldmaɪn ǁ ˈgoʊld ] also gold mine noun [countable] 1. informal a business or activity that produces large profits: • Pay per view television, under the right circumstances, is a proven gold mine. 2. be sitting on a goldmine to own… … Financial and business terms
Goldmine — steht für eine Abbaustätte für Gold Goldmine (Magazin), US Musikmagazin Diese Seite ist eine Begriffsklärung zur Unterscheidung mehrerer mit demselben Wort bezeichneter Begriffe … Deutsch Wikipedia
Goldmine — The term goldmine could refer to:* Gold mining, the extraction of gold, usually from rock or sediment * Goldmine (magazine), a music collectables magazine * GoldMine, a customer relationship management software package * Goldmine (album), the… … Wikipedia
goldmine — [[t]go͟ʊldmaɪn[/t]] N SING If you describe something such as a business or idea as a goldmine, you mean that it produces large profits. The book is a goldmine... The programme was a goldmine for small production companies … English dictionary
goldmine — gold|mine gold mine [ˈgəuldmaın US ˈgould ] n 1.) informal a business or activity that produces large profits ▪ The nightclub turned out to be a real goldmine. 2.) a place where gold is dug out from a hole in the ground 3.) be sitting on a… … Dictionary of contemporary English
goldmine — noun (C) 1 informal a business or activity that produces large profits: I bet that shop s a real goldmine. 2 a deep hole or system of holes underground from which rock containing gold is taken 3 be sitting on a goldmine to own something very… … Longman dictionary of contemporary English
goldmine — UK [ˈɡəʊldˌmaɪn] / US [ˈɡoʊldˌmaɪn] noun [countable] Word forms goldmine : singular goldmine plural goldmines 1) informal a business or an activity that makes large amounts of money very easily 2) a place under the ground where there are rocks… … English dictionary
goldmine — /ˈgoʊldmaɪn / (say gohldmuyn) noun 1. a mine yielding gold. 2. a source of great wealth. 3. a source of anything required: a goldmine of information. –goldminer, noun –goldmining, noun … Australian English dictionary
goldmine — / gəυldmaɪn/ noun a mine which produces gold ♦ that shop is a little goldmine that shop is a very profitable business … Dictionary of banking and finance
goldmine — gold mine n. Informal A rich or plentiful source of something desired. * * * … Universalium