- Niagara Falls, New York (Amtrak station)
Station statistics Address 27th St and Lockport Rd
Niagara Falls, NY
Coordinates Coordinates: Lines Parking Yes; free Baggage check No Other information Opened 1959 Accessible Code NFL Traffic Passengers (2010) 27,270 15% Services Preceding station Amtrak Following station Terminus Empire ServiceBuffalo – Exchange Streettoward New York Citytoward Toronto Maple Leaf
Amtrak's Niagara Falls, New York station is located at the corner of 27th Street and Lockport Road. It serves as an enclosed waiting area and ticket-selling location on the western terminus of the Empire Corridor. There is no platform, however, so trains are boarded in the open air of the much larger CSX yard on whose northwestern border it is sited. The station was originally built as a freight depot in 1959 by the Lehigh Valley Railroad.
The station is served by six trains daily:
- Empire Service (Amtrak), two eastbounds to Pennsylvania Station (New York City) and two westbound terminations.
- Maple Leaf (Amtrak/VIA), one eastbound to Pennsylvania Station (New York City) and one westbound to Union Station (Toronto).
Notable places nearby
State and local governments plan on building a new multi-million dollar intermodal transportation center out of the U.S. Customhouse to replace the current station. This work is to be part of a three phase project titled the Niagara Falls International Railway Station. It calls for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection to share with Amtrak a complex consisting of the old customhouse and modern additions.
- ^ "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2010, State of New York" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2010. http://www.amtrak.com/pdf/factsheets/NEWYORK10.pdf. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
- ^ Surviving New York Railroad Stations (AmericanRails.com)
- ^ Existing Railroad Stations in Niagara County, New York
- ^ a b c d e "City receives final federal funding for new train station and transportation hub". Niagara Gazette. 28 October 2010. http://niagara-gazette.com/local/x652348570/City-receives-final-federal-funding-for-new-train-station-and-transportation-hub. Retrieved 30 October 2010.
- ^ "Niagara Falls gets $16.5M grant for Amtrak station". WCAX.com. 29 October 2010. http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=13409041. Retrieved 30 October 2010.
- ^ "USDOT doles out TIGER II grants for 75 transportation projects". Progressive Railroading. 21 October 2010. http://www.progressiverailroading.com/news/article.asp?id=24822. Retrieved 21 October 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Niagara Falls, New York — City The City of Niagara Falls, New York … Wikipedia
Gare de niagara falls (new york) — La gare de Niagara Falls de Niagara Falls dans l État de New York est desservie par plusieurs lignes d Amtrak. Trains intercités Station précédente Lignes Amtrak Station suivante Buffalo (Exchange Street) Empire Service ( … Wikipédia en Français
U.S. Customhouse (Niagara Falls, New York) — Infobox nrhp name = U.S. Customhouse (Niagara Falls) nrhp type = nrhp caption = location = 2245 Whirlpool Street, Niagara Falls, New York nearest city = lat degrees = lat minutes = lat seconds = lat direction = long degrees = long minutes = long… … Wikipedia
Gare de Niagara Falls (New York) — La gare de Niagara Falls de Niagara Falls dans l État de New York est desservie par plusieurs lignes d Amtrak. Trains intercités Station précédente Lignes Amtrak Station suivante Buffalo (Exchange Street) Empire Service (New York … Wikipédia en Français
Glens Falls, New York — Glens Falls City Centennial Circle, a five leg roundabout located in downtown Glens Falls … Wikipedia
Niagara Falls, Ontario railway station — This article is about the station on the Canadian side. For the station on the U.S. side, see Niagara Falls, New York (Amtrak station). Niagara Falls Via Rail, Amtrak (Inter city) GO Transit (Regional) … Wikipedia
Niagara Falls, Ontario — Niagara Falls City City of Niagara Falls Skyline of Niagara Falls, Ontario … Wikipedia
Niagara Falls (Ontario) — Niagara Falls Niagara Falls, Ontario Skyline (2008) Lage in Ontario … Deutsch Wikipedia
New York Central Railroad — New York Central system as of 1918 Reporting mark NYC … Wikipedia
New York metropolitan area — New York Newark Bridgeport New York New Jersey Connecticut Pennsylvania Combined Statistical Area (CSA) Tri State Area … Wikipedia