Moses Brings Plenty
As an actor, he has played bit parts in Hidalgo, Thunder Heart and Pirates of the Caribbean. He also played Quanah Parker in the History Channel documentary, Comanche Warrior, which was filmed on the Wild Horse Sanctuary in the southern Black Hills, as well as playing Crazy Horse on The History Channel's "Investigating History" documentary, Who killed Crazy Horse and BBC "Custer's Last Stand". He acted in "Rez Bomb," considered to be the first movie with a universal storyline set on a reservation. "Rez Bomb" has been part on the international film festival circuit instead of playing strictly to Native American film festivals, which is a major breakthrough for Native cinema.
He has also done some theater work in Nebraska. He will be part of the upcoming movie, "Cowboys and Aliens."
Bring Plenty is concerned about providing accurate representations of Native peoples in mass media. "Young people told me they don’t see our people on TV. Then it hit me, they are right. Where are our indigenous people, people who are proud of who they are?" he says.
Music, dance, and modeling career
Brings Plenty has modeled for Ed Hardy and Harley Davidson.
Moses Brings Plenty will be an expert for Crazy Horse in the third season of Spike TV's Deadliest Warrior.
- ^ a b c Melmer, David. "Moses Brings Plenty." Native Legacy Magazine. Summer 2008 (retrieved 7 Nov 2010)
- ^ Elliot 57
- ^ a b c d Hatcher, Jenn. "Moses with Moccasins." KNOP TV: News 2. (retrieved 7 Nov 2010)
- ^ "‘Rez Bomb’ DVD release Feb. 8." Indian Country Today. 22 Jan 2010 (retrieved 7 Nov 2010)
- ^ Groman, Gary. "Brule' a unique special Branson entertainment experience." Branson Courier. 14 July 2009 (retrieved 7 Nov 2010)
- ^ Guzman, Chabella. "Dance troupe brings old and new to performance." Star-Herald. 26 Oct 2010 (7 Nov 2010)
- ^ Floriano, Rachel. "Project Lighthouse brings warmth to those on the reservation." Examiner. 26 March 2010 (retrieved 7 Nov 2010)
- Elliott, Michael A. Custerology: The Enduring Legacy of the Indian Wars and George Armstrong Custer. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2008. ISBN 978-0226201474.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Brulé (band) — Infobox musical artist Name = Img capt = Background = group or band Origin = flagicon|USA Lower Brule, South Dakota, United States Genre = Contemporary Native American Rock Pop Instrumental Years active = 1995 ndash;present Label = Buffalo Moon… … Wikipedia
List of Native American actors — This is a list of Native American actors. Contents A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z See also References … Wikipedia
List of people from Rapid City — The following is a list of people who were born in, residents of, or otherwise closely associated with Rapid City, South Dakota, and its surrounding metropolitan area, including Meade County, South Dakota, and Pennington County, South… … Wikipedia
List of people from South Dakota — State Flag of South Dakota This is a list of prominent people who were born in or lived for a significant period of time in U.S. state of South Dakota. Contents 1 Actor … Wikipedia
List of writers from peoples indigenous to the Americas — This is a list of writers from Indigenous peoples of the Americas. It includes people who self identify as Alaskan Native, American Indian, First Nations, Inuit, Métis, Native Hawaiian, and Indigenous Central and South American writers. It has… … Wikipedia
performing arts — arts or skills that require public performance, as acting, singing, or dancing. [1945 50] * * * ▪ 2009 Introduction Music Classical. The last vestiges of the Cold War seemed to thaw for a moment on Feb. 26, 2008, when the unfamiliar strains … Universalium
Conditional preservation of the saints — The Five Articles of Remonstrance Conditional election Unlimited atonement Total depravity … Wikipedia
2. THE HEIFER (al-Baqarah) — In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. 1. Alif, Lam, Meem. 2. This is the Book in which there is no doubt, a guide for the righteous. 3. Those who believe in the unseen, and perform the prayers, and give from what We have provided for… … Quran. Talal Itani translate
POLAND — POLAND, republic in E. Central Europe; the kingdom of Poland and the grand duchy of Lithuania united formally (Poland Lithuania) in 1569. This article is arranged according to the following outline: the early settlements jewish legal status… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
literature — /lit euhr euh cheuhr, choor , li treuh /, n. 1. writings in which expression and form, in connection with ideas of permanent and universal interest, are characteristic or essential features, as poetry, novels, history, biography, and essays. 2.… … Universalium