Ramsey Public School District
Ramsey Public School District Superintendent: Dr. Roy Montesano Business Administrator: Robert J. Marcotulli Address: 266 East Main Street
Ramsey, NJ 07446
Grade Range: K-12 School facilities: 5 Enrollment: 3,107 (as of 2008-09) Faculty (in FTEs): 255.3 Student–teacher ratio: 12.2 District Factor Group: I Web site: http://www.ramsey.k12.nj.us Ind. Per Pupil District
1 Comparative Cost $13,663 53 $13,632 0.2% 2 Classroom Instruction 8,394 61 8,035 4.5% 6 Support Services 2,085 56 2,166 -3.7% 8 Administrative Cost 1,389 30 1,379 0.7% 10 Operations & Maintenance 1,463 28 1,674 -12.6% 13 Extracurricular Activities 320 22 258 24.0% 16 Median Teacher Salary 56,087 34 57,597 Data from NJDoE 2009 Comparative Spending Guide.
*Of K-12 districts with 1,801-3,500 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=70
The Ramsey Public School District is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in kindergarten through twelfth grade from Ramsey in Bergen County, New Jersey. Students from Saddle River attend the district's middle school and then have the option of attending either Ramsey High School or Northern Highlands Regional High School as part of sending/receiving relationships with the Saddle River School District and each of the respective districts.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Awards and recognition
- Wesley D. Tisdale Elementary School with 451 students in grades PreK–3.
- Dr. Susan Morton, Principal
- Mary A. Hubbard Elementary School with 423 students in grades K–3.
- Molly Dinning, Principal
- John Y. Dater Elementary School with 459 students in grades 4–5.
- Michael Gratale, Principal
- Eric Smith Middle School with 849 students in grades 6–8
- Ramsey High School with 925 students in grades 9–12
- Dr. Roy Montesano, Superintendent
- Robert J. Marcotulli, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
Construction and district reconfiguration
On September 30, 2003, residents of Ramsey passed a referendum providing for the construction of a new Dater School, the construction of a new, six-lane track at the High School, and the renovation of the High School, Smith School, and Hubbard School. Because much more construction had to still be finished (or even started), the 2006-2007 school year has begun on September 18, 2006.
- Ramsey High School's Track is now a six-lane, all-weather track and was completed in Fall/Winter 2004 after delays.
- Ramsey High School will be renovating and adding classrooms. Construction was supposed to take place over the 2005-2006 school year and to be completed around July 2006, but this work was pushed back a year and is now expected to begin at the end of the 2005-2006 school year.
- Eric S. Smith Middle School is reconfiguring and expanding its media center, cafeteria, and gymnasium, and creating new classrooms.
- Mary A. Hubbard School will be converted into a building suitable for grades K-3, which actually is a partial return to its roots as a K-5 school. Some new rooms will be built, and others will be renovated.
- The Wesley D. Tisdale School is not included in any construction or renovation projects.
- ^ a b District information for the Ramsey School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 12, 2011.
- ^ Comparative Spending Guide March 2009, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 28, 2009.
- ^ Ramsey Public Schools 2010 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 12, 2011. "In addition to serving the residents of Ramsey, the District also educates the students of Saddle River in grades 6-12 through a send-receive relationship."
- ^ Ramsey Schools Overview, Saddle River School District. Accessed April 12, 2011. "Following graduation from Fifth grade, students enter Eric Smith Middle School in Ramsey, New Jersey. Upon graduation from Eighth grade students may attend Ramsey High School."
- ^ Northern Highlands High School Overview, Saddle River School District. Accessed April 12, 2011. "Northern Highlands High School is located in Allendale New Jersey and is one of the two high schools Saddle River students may elect to attend."
- ^ NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 8, 2009.
- ^ Star School Award recipient detail, New Jersey Department of Education, Archived December 18, 2006. Accessed November 26, 2009.
- ^ Data for the Ramsey Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 12, 2011.
- ^ Principal's Message, Wesley D. Tisdale School. Accessed April 12, 2011.
- ^ Principal's Message, Hubbard Elementary School. Accessed April 12, 2011.
- ^ Principal's Message, Dater Elementary School. Accessed April 12, 2011.
- ^ Principal's Report, Smith Middle School. Accessed April 12, 2011.
- ^ Kari A. Scimanico's Report, Smith Middle School. Accessed April 12, 2011.
- ^ Staff, Ramsey School District. Accessed April 12, 2011.
- ^ Bergen County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Ramsey Public School District
- Ramsey Public School District's 2009–10 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Ramsey Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics
- Wesley D. Tisdale Elementary School with 451 students in grades PreK–3.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Oradell Public School District — Business Administrator: Rita Cioppi Address: 350 Prospect Avenue Oradell, NJ 07649 Grade Range: K 6 School facilities … Wikipedia
Norwood Public School District — Superintendent: Dr. Jeffrey Feifer Business Administrator: Gary Grembowiec Address: 177 Summit Street Norwood, NJ 07648 Grade Range … Wikipedia
Ramsey High School (New Jersey) — Infobox School name = Ramsey High School imagesize = motto = established = 1909 grades = 9 12 district = Ramsey Public School District type = Public high school principal = Richard Lio asst principal = Dr. Matthew J. Certo enrollment = 832 (as of … Wikipedia
Saddle River School District — The Saddle River School District is a community public school district that serves students in kindergarten through fifth grade from Saddle River, in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States.choolsThe [http://www.wandellschool.org Wandell School] … Wikipedia
Cliffside Park School District — Superintendent: Michael J. Romagnino Business Administrator: Toni Ann Nebbia Address: 525 Palisade Avenue Cliffside Park, NJ 07010 Gra … Wikipedia
North Arlington School District — Superintendent: Dr. Oliver Stringham Business Administrator: Kathleen McEwin Marano Address: 222 Ridge Road North Arlington, NJ 07031 … Wikipedia
Midland Park School District — Superintendent: Dr. Marie Cirasella Business Administrator: Stacy C. Garvey Address: 31 Highland Avenue Midland Park, NJ 07432 Grade Ran … Wikipedia
New Milford School District — Superintendent: Michael Polizzi Business Administrator: Michael Sawicz Address: 145 Madison Avenue New Milford, NJ 07646 Grade Range … Wikipedia
Stroudsburg Area School District — is a public school district located in the Poconos of northeast Pennsylvania. The headquarters are located on West Main Street in the Borough of Stroudsburg. The Superintendent of Schools is Dr. John A. Toleno. MascotThe mascot of Stroudsburg… … Wikipedia
Gateway School District — Infobox School District name = Gateway School District = type = Public budget = $61,068,000 established = region = grades = K 12 superintendent = Dr. Cleveland Steward, Jr. contact number = 412 372 5300 teachers = 307 staff = 539 students =… … Wikipedia