D-DOPA Identifiers CAS number PubChem ChemSpider Jmol-3D images Image 1 Properties Molecular formula C9H11NO4 Molar mass 197.19 g mol−1 Except where noted otherwise, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C, 100 kPa) Infobox references
D-DOPA (D-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine; Dextrodopa) is similar to L-DOPA (Levodopa), but with opposite chirality. Levo- and dextro- rotation reference a molecule's ability to rotate planes of polarized light in either direction. Whereas L-DOPA is moderately effective in the treatment of Parkinson's disease (PD), D-DOPA is biologically inactive.
- L-DOPA (Levodopa; Sinemet, Parcopa, Atamet, Stalevo, Madopar, Prolopa, etc.)
- L-DOPS (Droxidopa)
- Methyldopa (Aldomet, Apo-Methyldopa, Dopamet, Novomedopa, etc.)
- Dopamine (Intropan, Inovan, Revivan, Rivimine, Dopastat, Dynatra, etc.)
- Norepinephrine (Noradrenaline; Levophed, etc.)
- Epinephrine (Adrenaline; Adrenalin, EpiPen, Twinject, etc.)
This pharmacology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.